Finally built a wharf...i feel the pain of others

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

X_30002000
x4

Re: Finally built a wharf...i feel the pain of others

Post by X_30002000 » Wed, 12. May 21, 19:16

I posted about this problem before:
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=436206
Yes, if you let NPCs buy ships from your warf/shipyard, you lose a lot of profit compared if you sell same ships to the same faction yourself. You might even loose money this way if you buy materials to make ships for NPCs to buy them, totally irrational but that's the reality in v4. So build min specs ships in big batches (up to a 100) and sell it to a NPC warf in bulk. Find one with the best prices (In my games Split usually pays the most), factions will buy any ship from any other faction as well, so this way you do not need to invest in blueprints for weapons etc just to satisfy NPC ship specs and excellent profit is guaranteed.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Sat, 15. May 21, 20:51

jkflipflop98 wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 20:28
grapedog wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 19:08

If you need help, just ask for it, since you are clearly doing something wrong with your commonwealth setups.
I'm not sure what help can be provided. I spent billions buying up all the blueprints from all the factions and building every single good in the game myself internally, set the sales amount to other factions to 150%, and still when I sell a ship to the NPCs they pay me a fraction of what I would pay if I went to their shipyard and purchased the exact same loadout. So now for my 3B+ credits (and 300 hours of my time) invested I get maybe 200M an hour at best. usually it's less than that. Mind you, I'm only talking S/M wharf here. I have the L fab bay but only a few blueprints and no XL dock at all.

So I installed the mod that puts the amount back to "pre-4.0 changes" and while you're getting more money per ship sale, you're still not getting anywhere near what you get if you build the same ship and manually sell it to their shipyard for a fair value.

When the NPCs buy a ship from your shipyard, does it pay you the same amount as when you buy the same loadout from them? If yes, then you can help me. If no, then I'm not sure what you're on about.
I was going to say, I have no problem making hundreds of millions from my Wharves and Shipyard but so are you. Basically you say your making 200m an hour and that isn't good enough profit? I mean think about this a minute. In 15 hours you will make back your 3 Billion invested and in 30 hours you will have doubled it? 30 hours is only 10% of the total time you have invested in the game according to what you say and every 15 hours moving forward, you add 3 billion profit to your total. This is not enough profit to be considered profitable?

Hate to say it but it sounds like your not having any issues with profit, rather your just upset that your making less profit than you used to before the nerf. That is a different issue entirely than not making any profit. Also I am not sure how making 200 million a hour is a painful experience but then again I didn't play before the nerf.

Finally, the fix your looking for is a mod. I think there is at least 2 mods out right now that revert the ship sales profits back to what they were pre-nerf. There is at least one, maybe two on Steam that you can get access to with a single click of a button.

al_dude
x4

Post by al_dude » Sat, 15. May 21, 21:02

I just buy blueprints that I need.

That makes it much easier to handle components for wharfs and shipyards.

For an example, TER shield eliminates the need for shield components and field coils. No need to use other faction's shield really.
I use TER L engines but use ARG S/M engines.

So, my shipyard needs far less shit than my wharf.

In the end, I've never used my shipyard / wharf to make money. I build them for my own needs since I really dislike having to wait when some material is missing from NPC stations.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sun, 16. May 21, 01:40

Yaki are by far the best customers a Dock can have, their own dock is useless, their demand is extremely high, you need more than one build module for this demand.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sun, 16. May 21, 10:45

Duncaroos wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 17:48
Am doing the Terran cadet playthrough, finally managed to set up a S/M wharf and I thought - finally, time for the end game stuff to save up for L/XL shipyards and doing terraforming.

Instead, the wharf is pretty quiet, maybe pumping a small squadron for TER every few hours. Yes, I have all blueprints and it's fully stocked and no restrictions on building ships. Now I'm broke, and resorting back to selling my resources as opposed to making good sales at the Wharf. But that just reinforces the factions to not buy ships from me, making my Wharf only good for making S/M ships for myself, but I can't conquer xenon / other factionz without L/XL...so now I feel a bit stuck without dumping money into having another faction build L/XL ships for me. Can't make good sales anyways, because of the big sales nerf in 4.0.

Anyways, rant over. I also died teleporting to my small scout ship in Faulty Lol as they found 'something' and immediately got
both the ship and myself blown up immediately because dog mines I forgot about...I turned off autosave to minimize downtime from all this station building stuff and forgot to turn it back on/quicksave, so I lost ~12 hours game time..so I'm a bit salty :lol:
TER doesn't buy ship HOWEVER you will get a lot of TER vs XEN missions to build a fleet for 104mil (costs 46-50mil to buy from TER stations, 1 Tokyo, 1 Osaka, 2 Flax, 4 S Kukri ) to deliver the ships.
Every other such mission there is one to build a station as second step for 7mil payment (just a 4M10S dock, 1 L* container, 10 turrets) and you get on top of everything a bonus Hokkaido with a lot of purple mods and 2500 nividium in it :mrgreen:
Put the resources in the Tokyo to deliver with 1 cargo drone extra cost.

*I do not have M TER container to see if it takes 10 turrets

Having your own shipyard you will cut the cost to just minerals which could allow you to beef up the fleet to max spec just the bare minimum the mission asks, and you will have a friendly fleets across the map shooting down SCA and XEN. :)
I have already built 5-6 such fleets and building the economy to be able to provide them fully upgraded fleet not just bare minimum. :)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 16. May 21, 11:50

Panos wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 10:45
Every other such mission there is one to build a station as second step for 7mil payment (just a 4M10S dock, 1 L* container, 10 turrets)

and you get on top of everything a bonus Hokkaido with a lot of purple mods and 2500 nividium in it :mrgreen:
On base game War Guilds (ARG, HOP, PAR) the "Military Base" is "10 turrets and less than 50k storage". No Dock required. :roll:
Two Argon S storage would suffice, but I add the dock as charity. :goner:

L Miner is not the only possible mission chain bonus (unless Terrans are more limited).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sun, 16. May 21, 12:36

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 11:50
Panos wrote:
Every other such mission there is one to build a station as second step for 7mil payment (just a 4M10S dock, 1 L* container, 10 turrets)

and you get on top of everything a bonus Hokkaido with a lot of purple mods and 2500 nividium in it :mrgreen:
On base game War Guilds (ARG, HOP, PAR) the "Military Base" is "10 turrets and less than 50k storage". No Dock required. :roll:
Two Argon S storage would suffice, but I add the dock as charity. :goner:

L Miner is not the only possible mission chain bonus (unless Terrans are more limited).
Indeed, I am building so many defense stations that put the dock by accident.

A TER M Container is more than enough with 10 turrets indeed.
Unfortunately only the L Miner I have seen as bonus ship from TER. Haven't bothered to do war missions for the rest all those years :mrgreen:

LandogarX4
x4

Post by LandogarX4 » Sun, 16. May 21, 14:03

Panos wrote:

TER doesn't buy ship HOWEVER you will get a lot of TER vs XEN missions to build a fleet for 104mil (costs 46-50mil to buy from TER stations, 1 Tokyo, 1 Osaka, 2 Flax, 4 S Kukri ) to deliver the ships.
Every other such mission there is one to build a station as second step for 7mil payment (just a 4M10S dock, 1 L* container, 10 turrets) and you get on top of everything a bonus Hokkaido with a lot of purple mods and 2500 nividium in it :mrgreen:

Having your own shipyard you will cut the cost to just minerals which could allow you to beef up the fleet to max spec just the bare minimum the mission asks, and you will have a friendly fleets across the map shooting down SCA and XEN. :)
I have already built 5-6 such fleets and building the economy to be able to provide them fully upgraded fleet not just bare minimum. :)
That is incorrect. In my game (unmodded) TER buy Syn, Osaka, Katana, Gladius and Kukri from my shipyard in The Void. Demand needs to be high though, which is the case when TER is at war with ARG/ANT and TRI.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sun, 16. May 21, 17:49

LandogarX4 wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 14:03
Panos wrote:

That is incorrect. In my game (unmodded) TER buy Syn, Osaka, Katana, Gladius and Kukri from my shipyard in The Void. Demand needs to be high though, which is the case when TER is at war with ARG/ANT and TRI.
There is no war between TER and ANT/ARG as I didn't followed that path. As for TRI haven't done that campaign yet :)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 16. May 21, 18:46

(Most) factions, except Xenon, do buy ships if they have a clear need for them. That includes TER.
However, it is less likely that TER has that "clear need".

They do need in my game. Alas, they can't buy (because they hate me for killing their ships) nor would not (because I've got no Wharf). :roll:

If stations are a pain, then I don't regret saving that pleasure for later. Much later.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sun, 16. May 21, 19:09

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 18:46
(Most) factions, except Xenon, do buy ships if they have a clear need for them. That includes TER.
However, it is less likely that TER has that "clear need".

They do need in my game. Alas, they can't buy (because they hate me for killing their ships) nor would not (because I've got no Wharf). :roll:

If stations are a pain, then I don't regret saving that pleasure for later. Much later.
TER build a huge fleet sitting in Asteroid belt. Is so vast that removed the Katanas were covering the miners.
Same applies for ANT at Getsu, all their fleet is there and have taken over the sector (without war).

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Mon, 24. May 21, 19:32

Midnitewolf wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 20:51
jkflipflop98 wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 20:28
grapedog wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 19:08

If you need help, just ask for it, since you are clearly doing something wrong with your commonwealth setups.
I'm not sure what help can be provided. I spent billions buying up all the blueprints from all the factions and building every single good in the game myself internally, set the sales amount to other factions to 150%, and still when I sell a ship to the NPCs they pay me a fraction of what I would pay if I went to their shipyard and purchased the exact same loadout. So now for my 3B+ credits (and 300 hours of my time) invested I get maybe 200M an hour at best. usually it's less than that. Mind you, I'm only talking S/M wharf here. I have the L fab bay but only a few blueprints and no XL dock at all.

So I installed the mod that puts the amount back to "pre-4.0 changes" and while you're getting more money per ship sale, you're still not getting anywhere near what you get if you build the same ship and manually sell it to their shipyard for a fair value.

When the NPCs buy a ship from your shipyard, does it pay you the same amount as when you buy the same loadout from them? If yes, then you can help me. If no, then I'm not sure what you're on about.
I was going to say, I have no problem making hundreds of millions from my Wharves and Shipyard but so are you. Basically you say your making 200m an hour and that isn't good enough profit? I mean think about this a minute. In 15 hours you will make back your 3 Billion invested and in 30 hours you will have doubled it? 30 hours is only 10% of the total time you have invested in the game according to what you say and every 15 hours moving forward, you add 3 billion profit to your total. This is not enough profit to be considered profitable?

Hate to say it but it sounds like your not having any issues with profit, rather your just upset that your making less profit than you used to before the nerf. That is a different issue entirely than not making any profit. Also I am not sure how making 200 million a hour is a painful experience but then again I didn't play before the nerf.

Finally, the fix your looking for is a mod. I think there is at least 2 mods out right now that revert the ship sales profits back to what they were pre-nerf. There is at least one, maybe two on Steam that you can get access to with a single click of a button.
Yes, I get maybe MAYBE 200M per hour out of my fully-functional all sizes all blueprints shipyard. That is still a far cry from the "experts" here claiming "YOU CAN GET OVER A BILLION AN HOUR! I HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY (whatever the F that means) SO I HAD TO TURN IT OFF!". You can't make a billion an hour. Not even close.

I can't make less profit than before the nerf as I didn't play the game until after 4.0 dropped. It's a painful experience because everytime I go to cash out my profits, the substrate fabs in Terran space are bringing in more money than this "gee golly whiz-bang money printing machine" shipyard. It's a painful experience because I'm on unfair footing compared to the rest of the galaxy. If a discoverer costs 3 million bucks at the Argon shipyard, then it should cost 3 million bucks at my shipyard, right now I'm selling them for 500k. There's no logical reason for this other than "a handful of hardcore guys on the forum think they have too much money". A shipyard is supposed to be the ultimate pinnacle of manufacturing. It's the chunk that closes your manufacturing loop. As I said, substrate and carbide fabs are outproducing my shipyards by about 50%. This is just stupid.

Yes, I know all about the mod. I created it.

Return to “X4: Foundations”