Xenon shooting my civilian ships even if we are friends?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Browser_ice
x4

Xenon shooting my civilian ships even if we are friends?

Post by Browser_ice » Mon, 10. May 21, 00:49

Something else I noticed with my Wharf built in a Xenon sector.

We are friends. My reputation is at the max with Xenons.

For some odd reason, they keep shooting at the civilian ships traveling around my Wharf. They are hurting my Wharf in the same process due to missing shots.

If we are friends, why are they attacking my civilian ships?
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

mediacenter
x4

Re: Xenon shooting my civilian ships even if we are friends?

Post by mediacenter » Mon, 10. May 21, 00:58

Browser_ice wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 00:49
Something else I noticed with my Wharf built in a Xenon sector.

We are friends. My reputation is at the max with Xenons.

For some odd reason, they keep shooting at the civilian ships traveling around my Wharf. They are hurting my Wharf in the same process due to missing shots.

becouse they are friends with you, not with civilians that dont use your rep status

how can you be friend with xenon in the first place?
i think that this clearly not suppose to happen

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 10. May 21, 01:07

AFAIK, Xenon are supposed to permanently be enemies with the player faction. So if they're friendly in some way, it sounds like the result of some mod. Are you using any?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Mon, 10. May 21, 01:17

I am testing a "What if ..." situation with the Xenons and to do that I needed to hack my reputation with Xenon. No MODs involved.

I posted about this 1-2 days ago in a different thread.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Mon, 10. May 21, 02:26

From libraries/factions.xml :

Code: Select all

<faction id="civilian" name="{20203,10301}" description="{20203,10302}" prefixname="{20203,10304}" behaviourset="default" known="1" tags="hidden">
    <color r="151" g="151" b="151" />
    <icon active="faction_civilian" inactive="faction_civilian" />
    <relations locked="1">
      <relation faction="criminal" relation="-0.5" />
      <relation faction="khaak" relation="-1" />
      <relation faction="smuggler" relation="-0.06" />
      <relation faction="xenon" relation="-1" />
    </relations>
  </faction>
Looks fully intended to me.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 10. May 21, 10:06

Browser_ice wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 01:17
I am testing a "What if ..." situation with the Xenons and to do that I needed to hack my reputation with Xenon. No MODs involved.
Apparently you've misunderstood what people mean by modifying your game. It doesn't just apply to a mod you download from somewhere; if you modify your game yourself (whether via the game files, or your savegame) then your game is modified. Making the game do something it was never designed to allow for will result in undefined or unexpected behaviour.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 10. May 21, 10:17

Browser_ice wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 00:49
Civilians are civilians, not your slaves nor property.
(Are they green or blue? Are they listed in your "assets"?)

I thought that there is no friendly fire in low attention. (Are there even civilians in low attention?)
Why are you there, hurting your Wharf? :P
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Mon, 10. May 21, 20:54

Browser_ice wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 01:17

I posted about this 1-2 days ago in a different thread.
So your intentionally modifying the game in a fashion counter to how the devs designed it and wondering why things aren't working like they should? Hmmm.

I guess the simple answer is that the game was not designed to do what your are wanting it to do. I mean since it was never intended for the Xenon to ever be friendly with anyone, obviously they didn't bother adding in the code necessary for them to play nice with others.

Also, Hack = Mod. Yep. Mod is short for modification. If you are "hacking" to change, i.e. modify, which is another word for change, you are "Modding' the game. Nothing wrong with this but your probably should be asking these question in the mods section of these forums so that they can help you out to change up the scripts and code necessary to make the Xenon function like other factions. I am sure this is probably something that can be done, but since it wasn't ever intended to happen by the devs, all your questions about why things aren't working right should be answered by the simple fact that they were never intended to work in the fashion you are describing in the first place.

dyingcrow
x4

Post by dyingcrow » Mon, 10. May 21, 23:49

The answer is, this will happen, because as someone explained, civilian ships are not faction, just civilian, thus enemy with the Xenon. The rest is collateral damage.
What you can do and it's safe (at least in my experience), is to just build very simple mining outposts in Xenon territory, just docks and solid containers, and just mine for them. There will be very little, even if any, civilian traffic that will cause issues like this.

For your main installation, pick some neutral sector, or steal one from someone, something like that, to minimize Xenon interference. There will still be a chance the Xenon will deploy some occasional patrols there, but the risk of collateral damage is much lower.
I have those patrols in my home system, which get in skirmishes and go dock for some patching. I like it :) Build your ship facilities very separate from the production modules, where all the civilian traffic is. They can be part f the same station, just make sure they're on opposite ends very far and at different planes. I still have the occasional accident (mostly with Xenon S\M), but nothing i'm concerned about.

For those who asked how being a Xenon ally is possible, there are a few ways; a simple save edit, using the cheat mod, or the Xenon\Pirate mod. Honestly, playing as Xenon ally vs (almost) everyone else has been the best X4 experience so far, specially in early game. No chance to chicken out of constant combat, else the run won't get far. Just a very different way to play X4 :lol:

Return to “X4: Foundations”