Hero of terra but terran capships hate me

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

strask412
x4

Hero of terra but terran capships hate me

Post by strask412 » Mon, 10. May 21, 11:25

So, while doing a certain plot mission that requires using an alternate identity during a mission with a co-worker to the torus aeternal, I was too slow to depart relevant ranges and lost my cover. So a bunch of terran capships and squadrons got mad at me for being where I shouldn't have been, as at the time I was very low TER rep.

Now I'm hero of terra but those ships still hate me. I have a prize waiting due to the TER/yaki plotline which, if claimed, would immediately be blown up because it's in mars where many of those angry ships are at.

Any advice? Am I screwed? Should I have just done the anti-TER choice in the plotline? ugh.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

IRONOX
x4

Re: Hero of terra but terran capships hate me

Post by IRONOX » Mon, 10. May 21, 11:28

Tbh: The same happend to me and i don´t know if its a bug or inteded.
Normally when you lose reputation temporaly flying out of the sector resets hostile ships to your actual rep rank.
But for some reasons the ships that turn hostile during the mission stay hostile.

You could just destroy them, lose a bit of rep. Not the best solution thou..
For me i reloaded an older save and done the mission again.
Alle Angaben mit Gewähr auf eventuelle Fehlerhaftigkeit!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. May 21, 11:35

It might be worth a check if those ships are angry at the Player Faction, just the specific ship that stayed too long, or the player in person. If the latter two cases, then a different ship of yours or the 'prize' may be safe from them.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 10. May 21, 11:53

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 11:35
It might be worth a check if those ships are angry at the Player Faction, just the specific ship that stayed too long, or the player in person. If the latter two cases, then a different ship of yours or the 'prize' may be safe from them.
There are differences? How do you check?

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Mon, 10. May 21, 14:38

Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 11:53
Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 11:35
There are differences? How do you check?
Firstly to Alan, thanks for the thoughts and I've checked and it's vs my faction.

Secondly to Raptor34, I checked first by ordering one of my other pilots to fly into the place where the angry ships were, it died. Since it wasn't the ship that performed the original incursion, and since the player wasn't onboard, they must be mad at my faction.

But yes ships can get mad at specific other ships, without getting mad at the whole faction. And sometimes they get a vendetta (usually quest related I think) vs just the player in particular, whichever ship you are in.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Wed, 12. May 21, 13:52

I've analysed the situation further and discovered my enemies are exactly 3 police fighters, a couple of fighter-class prospectors for some reason, and one exactly one carrier battle group. And most the individual police etc are in other sectors so I wonder.... how much rep would I lose to kill the carrier and all its fighters and be done with it? Would that put me fully at war with Terra, or could I repair the situation again from like a -15 result or some such? Currently I'm at +21 with the protectorate.

Edit: Problem solved -- I had tried before to kite the damn fleet away so I could claim the swan song, but it had stayed on station despite my best efforts. Now I returned and they were near the gate instead so I dashed over and claimed her real quick, docked my fighter, travel-drived away with little to (I think no) blood shed. Some terran fighters got shield damage by my new turrets as I charged up the travel drive but eventually all was well. Yay!
Last edited by strask412 on Wed, 12. May 21, 14:44, edited 2 times in total.
- Delilah Shiratori

chip56

Post by chip56 » Wed, 12. May 21, 14:27

I can tell you that i managed to drop from +19 to full out war with HOP over 1 ship that escalated.
I was at +19 with PAR too and had a PAR patrol mission. During that mission i destroyed a lonly HOP ship, expecting to get to +20 with PAR after the patrol and expecting maybe 1-2 rep drop with HOP.
Well that ship was part of a patrol with the other ships in HOP space still. Those turned hostile too and started to attack my station there. So the station fired back and destroyed those ships. That in turn triggered all nearby HOP ships to attack too.
End result: Full out war, that only ended after i captured every sector in which i had a base and i then used the mod that allows you to pay credits to get back to -4 REP.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Wed, 12. May 21, 15:12

chip56 wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 14:27
I can tell you that i managed to drop from +19 to full out war with HOP over 1 ship that escalated.
I was at +19 with PAR too and had a PAR patrol mission. During that mission i destroyed a lonly HOP ship, expecting to get to +20 with PAR after the patrol and expecting maybe 1-2 rep drop with HOP.
Well that ship was part of a patrol with the other ships in HOP space still. Those turned hostile too and started to attack my station there. So the station fired back and destroyed those ships. That in turn triggered all nearby HOP ships to attack too.
End result: Full out war, that only ended after i captured every sector in which i had a base and i then used the mod that allows you to pay credits to get back to -4 REP.
Wow. That is both terrible, and a great story. :)
- Delilah Shiratori

Return to “X4: Foundations”