Coordinate Attack Ignores Carrier Wing States (Launched vs Docked)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Duncaroos
x4

Coordinate Attack Ignores Carrier Wing States (Launched vs Docked)

Post by Duncaroos » Tue, 11. May 21, 23:45

OK...last one (for today).

Coordinate Attack ignores a wing's status (Launched vs Docked) when doing this command. Poor S-intercept fighters going up against Defense Stations and Shipyards...never stood a chance.

I don't think I'll ever come to terms how these Launched Vs. Docked settings work in this game.
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Coordinate Attack Ignores Carrier Wing States (Launched vs Docked)

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 12. May 21, 00:03

At least they were fighters. The one (& so far only) time I tried using Coordinated Attack it decided to hurl all the unarmed M class cargo pods that were inside my carrier & auxiliary at the enemy. Their Defence/Docked role was entirely nominal, just intended to keep them off the unassigned ship list & in a sensible place to find them whenever I needed to send them off on a cargo run to get fresh supplies of missile components etc.

To be fair though, it does look like something that will one day be a useful thing to have in the game. Just think it's not quite ready yet. Taking account of Docked vs. Launched status & ship roles (i.e. Attack, Intercept, Defend) are essential however before I start using it.

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Wed, 12. May 21, 00:30

Yeah, honest labels would be “Launched (but most of the time docked)” and “Docked (but sometimes launched)”.

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Wed, 12. May 21, 02:41

sh1pman wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 00:30
Yeah, honest labels would be “Launched (but most of the time docked)” and “Docked (but sometimes launched)”.
Ya, like I asked this question before about stations and how docked doesn't mean docked but more akin to "inactive" (see ​viewtopic.php?f=180&t=435987&p=5030659#p5030659 if interested). Another link is also there to bring to another thread about the same thing.

Like I get they're trying to simplify the coding by having a one-catch-all command, but it is really a big pain.
GCU Grey Area wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 00:03
At least they were fighters. The one (& so far only) time I tried using Coordinated Attack it decided to hurl all the unarmed M class cargo pods that were inside my carrier & auxiliary at the enemy. Their Defence/Docked role was entirely nominal, just intended to keep them off the unassigned ship list & in a sensible place to find them whenever I needed to send them off on a cargo run to get fresh supplies of missile components etc.

To be fair though, it does look like something that will one day be a useful thing to have in the game. Just think it's not quite ready yet. Taking account of Docked vs. Launched status & ship roles (i.e. Attack, Intercept, Defend) are essential however before I start using it.
Oh I agree coordinated attack is useful, I just wish these commands made sense intuitively with other command settings. I never knew it would launch cargo drones (lol). I had mine set to docked (ironic), and they stayed put during my fist use of this attack command.

I think the same as you do right now, as I noticed this too after starting to use big fleets again. It seems still a lot of work is needed to improve these ship commands and the interactions with other commands and behaviors. Until then it really makes fleets hard to manage without pausing all the time and you also really can't do fleets within fleets...I was having docking issues on the carrier for bombers set to attack which had their own defense wing....sub-wing just wouldn't dock, but I get you have conflicting launched vs docked commands.... Might need another toggle :lol:
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 12. May 21, 08:51

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Taking account of Docked vs. Launched status & ship roles (i.e. Attack, Intercept, Defend) are essential however before I start using it.
What about "Board" command? It is a "broadcast order to everyone" too.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 12. May 21, 09:42

Duncaroos wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 02:41
I never knew it would launch cargo drones (lol). I had mine set to docked (ironic), and they stayed put during my fist use of this attack command.
Wasn't quite that bad, my drones stayed put to too. Those 'M class cargo pods' were minimum spec Boas, only intended to supplement the storage capacity of capital ships with M docks. No guns, no shields - absolutely useless in a fight.
jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 08:51
GCU Grey Area wrote:
Taking account of Docked vs. Launched status & ship roles (i.e. Attack, Intercept, Defend) are essential however before I start using it.
What about "Board" command? It is a "broadcast order to everyone" too.
Yeah, would be good if that was worked on too. In my current game have been doing a lot of boarding with my personal Syn. Every time I give the board command I have to pause the game first, then Remove All Orders from it's assigned fighters, which otherwise automatically launch & try to help. Doesn't seem to be any way of deselecting them on the boarding screen itself.

Return to “X4: Foundations”