Combat in this game too dumb for words

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Midnitewolf

Combat in this game too dumb for words

Post by Midnitewolf » Wed, 12. May 21, 00:27

Seriously devs, what the hell were you thinking when you designed the combat AI.

I am trying to bombard a station with my fleet so I set them in line abreast formation. I move forward into range and the second my main ship starts firing, they break formation and charge.

Seriously devs simple common sense here. FLEETS FOLLOW ORDERS. FLEETS STAY IN FORMATION. FIX IT!!!

Yes I am ranting because you I want to ask who the clueless person was that designed this and said, "This is going to be fun, the player will love it?" and give him a reality check. Seriously, I just wasted and hour and a half of my life meticulously lining up this attack, following all the guides I could find, just to have it fall apart in seconds. Dumb isn't the word for this.

Guess I will just CHEAT the station dead and feel good about it because COMMON FRICKEN SENSE says that if I have guns that out range the station by issuing a SIMPLE order for my fleet to stay at range and engage them station, this SHOULD result in them staying at range and killing the station. I mean even a mentally challenged person should be able to understand, "STAY HERE AND SHOOT!!!" so a flipping ZERO star Idiot captain SHOULD be able to do at least do that let alone the 4 and 5 star captains I have manning my Fleet.

So damn stupid and silly that I have to CHEAT to enjoy the game because someone was braindead when they thought Fleets doing everything but what you tell them to do would be "fun and engaging".

And I am not the only one with this issue. READ YOUR DAMN FORUM ONCE IN A WHILE. Read it and fix the stuff that is broke.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Combat in this game too dumb for words

Post by CBJ » Wed, 12. May 21, 00:31

Developers do read this forum. If you want their attention then flinging insults around, which is covered by rule 1 of the forum, is not the way to go about it.

Return to “X4: Foundations”