Problems on efficiency of mining silicon

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Splendar
x4

Re: Problems on efficiency of mining silicon

Post by Splendar » Thu, 13. May 21, 13:05

Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 01:08
Removing a mod might not fix the changes it made. I suggest testing a new game to see if the problem happens there.

Silicon is meant to be mined slower than other wares. Specifically for it to be mined at the same speed as ore, the ship must be 5 star (including service crew) and within 40 km of a resource probe. With a 0 star crew the mining will be under 1% of the speed of ore, and even with a perfect crewed ship it will be ~50% of the speed of ore unless within 40 km of a resource probe.
So, if a miner has 0-star crew and no probes around, the mining speed of silicon is about 1/60(0.015/0.9) of ore.
And I need my miner with not only 5-star captain but also 5-star crews and probes around to increase the scale to 100%, is it?
That's quite weired to set such a serious restriction to silicon.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Thu, 13. May 21, 22:16

Splendar wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 13:05
Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 01:08
Removing a mod might not fix the changes it made. I suggest testing a new game to see if the problem happens there.

Silicon is meant to be mined slower than other wares. Specifically for it to be mined at the same speed as ore, the ship must be 5 star (including service crew) and within 40 km of a resource probe. With a 0 star crew the mining will be under 1% of the speed of ore, and even with a perfect crewed ship it will be ~50% of the speed of ore unless within 40 km of a resource probe.
So, if a miner has 0-star crew and no probes around, the mining speed of silicon is about 1/60(0.015/0.9) of ore.
And I need my miner with not only 5-star captain but also 5-star crews and probes around to increase the scale to 100%, is it?
That's quite weired to set such a serious restriction to silicon.
Basically they made the game a tedious grind if you don't use mods :evil:

aquatica
x4

Post by aquatica » Thu, 13. May 21, 22:25

Panos wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 22:16

Basically they made the game a tedious grind if you don't use mods :evil:
Bah, that's such an overstatement. A single L miner mining silicon gets a full load in some... 15? minutes (this is the time it seems to take for it to go get mining, mine, return to sell) when using autominer. Might be 30 minutes, but no more than that and that's with bad captain and mediocre-at-best crew.

Of course with some supermassive complex that would feed it for the next 10 minutes maybe, so yes - you'd need a few of these :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”