Has there still been no comment on the mining issues from EGOsoft yet

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sh1pman
x4

Re: Has there still been no comment on the mining issues from EGOsoft yet

Post by sh1pman » Fri, 14. May 21, 01:47

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 00:15
Station traders, assigned to the mining stations. Prefer to keep my Unassigned Ships list as short as possible.
I prefer repeat orders. Station traders have a limit of 5 jumps. Also, after making a trade run, they stay idle for a couple of minutes before starting another run, decreasing productivity.

grapedog
x4

Re: Has there still been no comment on the mining issues from EGOsoft yet

Post by grapedog » Fri, 14. May 21, 04:23

Ezarkal wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 23:23
GCU Grey Area wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 22:41
I use M's as delivery trucks to transport mined resources from the mining stations to my HQ.
I have a question about that: Are you using them as station traders, or with a repeat order queue?

So far I've only used the later, and since the ships with repeat queue stay in your active assets lists I tend to use L miners, because it makes less ships the list.
However, if they are decent as station traders, I may just switch to that. Also, if you use them as station traders, are you assigning them to the mining base or to the station that needs the ware?

Thanks!
If you're curious, i wrote a guide on setting in a raw resource trading post, linked in my sig. Overall they're a great way to make money and mine resources.

If you're trying to supply a spefic station, you can always just add a few miners as traders to the station in need of resources, and they will go to your mining station and purchase what they need.

In this setup you can essentially be up to 10 sectors away from good resource locations, and not have to worry about it.

Return to “X4: Foundations”