Xenon stations spawn indefinitely in Matrix #79B ?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Driltan
x4

Xenon stations spawn indefinitely in Matrix #79B ?

Post by Driltan » Thu, 13. May 21, 22:13

Hey !
I would like to know if it's normal to have an infinite random spawn of xenon stations in Matrix #79B or is it a bug in my game ? There is no xenon ship remaining since I defeated them very long time ago there, then in the new CoH sectors but random xenon stations pop in Matrix #79B and only there, with 20% hull, with no xenon ship to build in sight. :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/aRFOsQ9.png

My allies decided to attack those structures but I didn't know xenon stations could spawn out of nowhere and sometimes there are like 6 or 7 :D
Last edited by Terre on Fri, 14. May 21, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Panos
x4

Re: Xenon stations spawn indefinitely in Matrix #79B ?

Post by Panos » Thu, 13. May 21, 22:17

Driltan wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 22:13
Hey !
I would like to know if it's normal to have an infinite random spawn of xenon stations in Matrix #79B or is it a bug in my game ? There is no xenon ship remaining since I defeated them very long time ago there, then in the new CoH sectors but random xenon stations pop in Matrix #79B and only there, with 20% hull, with no xenon ship to build in sight. :lol:

My allies decided to attack those structures but I didn't know xenon stations could spawn out of nowhere and sometimes there are like 6 or 7 :D
Do you use mods?

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Thu, 13. May 21, 22:25

Panos wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 22:17
Do you use mods?
Ah sorry I forgot, I use 0 mod, never have used any.
Game version is 4.00 (434806) with all the DLCs activated.

Edit : I can literally see them spawn thanks to my advanced satellites

https://i.imgur.com/TORSkam.png
Last edited by Terre on Fri, 14. May 21, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

IRONOX
x4

Post by IRONOX » Thu, 13. May 21, 23:52

Are there any Xenon in other sectors left??

Afaik sometimes they randomly spawn with a small batch of ships in a sector which can (?) include a mining ship.
So they will then start to build a station, maybe get destroyed but the station remains
Alle Angaben mit Gewähr auf eventuelle Fehlerhaftigkeit!

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Fri, 14. May 21, 00:06

Nope, there is no xenon left, I have advanced satellites you can see on the screens, the stations just pop from 1 up to 6 in a few seconds one from another every 5 to 10 minutes. I can see them spawn in real time without the satellites seeing anything. It's infinite, luckily only in this system, anyway there is no xenon to finish them but it sounds like a bug if I'm the only one facing this situation. It didn't happen before CoH and the gate from Savage Spur I to Matrix #79B is guarded, the Savage spurs are clean, I finished the TER and the PIO plots, just doing the terraformation missions now but this is sad I cannot use this system without seeing those station pop out from nowhere xD

Everytime a station is destroyed, after a few minutes it's the fiesta xD :

https://i.imgur.com/FgLutUa.png
Last edited by Terre on Fri, 14. May 21, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

aquatica
x4

Post by aquatica » Fri, 14. May 21, 07:21

If this is the last sector Xenon did have, I think GOD could explain this behaviour?
I mean when faction goes down, something is decided to be built. I guess with XENON it has to spawn something as no one else can build for them?

This is just a guess tho.

IRONOX
x4

Post by IRONOX » Fri, 14. May 21, 10:59

Since Xenon raids can spawn everywhere i think its base that if you might abandon the Xenon sectors they would retake it so the player has something to care about.
But i can confirm this to 100%, only the part with the retake since in my games i often raid xenon sectors and after some time the have their stations rebuild.
Alle Angaben mit Gewähr auf eventuelle Fehlerhaftigkeit!

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Fri, 14. May 21, 14:00

The fact is it was not their last sector, it's been a long time I had this one, long time before CoH and new sectors that I cleared, there is only KHK ships spawning in the entire galaxy, no xenon ship anywhere that can be seen by patrols, by me or by satellites, even if I go 2000km away from a portal :p. I did post on the technical support part of the forum, we will see.
Now with the swarms of allies patrolling in there (maybe lurking the sector xD), I don't think any of those spawning stations have a chance to autobuild itself anytime soon xD.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Mon, 17. May 21, 14:03

Driltan wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 22:13
Hey !

Started clearing from Spur as it dead end with only one entrance (the other is only exit). Until placed the Syn at the gate and a dozen MK2 lasers, there was a constant stream of ships building stations in Spur even after cleaning the sector. Even when I had one Osaka they were still getting through, but when the Syn was in position only then the Xenon got killed as soon as they crossed into the system!

Now when I move to 79B, I will keep 1 Osaka at spur guarding and an Osaka with Katana and laser turrets at the Tharka's Cascade entrance. Then I am going to move to Tharka's cascade XVII and remove the Savage Spur gate campers.

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Mon, 17. May 21, 15:02

Yep but for me it was cleared from long time ago (Tharka & Matrix), I had to put advanced satellites where they tend to spawn but no ship revealed, never. I had a 25 behemoth fleet at the spur gate with a raptor to be sure, then I understood nothing ever passed when I cleared the spurs and that no xenon was spotted anymore so I did put the 25 behemoth in patrol, still no xenon ship, the satellites clearly show the stations pop, there are tons of patrols in this sector. No xenon ship.

https://i.imgur.com/fwGUatR.png
https://i.imgur.com/ClLDhd9.png
https://i.imgur.com/s9yvtt1.png

I did post my save the other day in the technical support forum (viewtopic.php?f=180&t=438715).

Edit : The time I posted those screenshots, new ones poped xD : https://i.imgur.com/60iDBSI.png

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 17. May 21, 15:37

The Xenon may plop down a build plot to indicate they want to build a station there, and an icon for it may appear on the map, but unless Xenon supply ships are getting through to deliver their building materials (ore, silicon, and E cells), the station will never be actually built and never be functional. So it is not really "spawning". Kha'ak bases do spawn however, they have no economic requirements to appear.

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Mon, 17. May 21, 16:36

Falcrack wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 15:37
The Xenon may plop down a build plot to indicate they want to build a station there, and an icon for it may appear on the map, but unless Xenon supply ships are getting through to deliver their building materials (ore, silicon, and E cells), the station will never be actually built and never be functional. So it is not really "spawning". Kha'ak bases do spawn however, they have no economic requirements to appear.
It never happened in my game until CoH. I had around 12 days of playtime in my save before CoH.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Mon, 17. May 21, 23:16

I think all factions will try to respawn somewhere on the map and this includes the Xenon. It is always going to try to resurrect itself hence the reason you get attempts from the to build stations.

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Tue, 18. May 21, 02:59

Without any ship, it shouldn't even be possible.
I don't like that KHK spawn frenzy. It wasn't like this before CoH and it's a terrible idea in my opinion. People might not want to start wars at factions knowing some stupid M ships can spawn like crazy, anywhere, anytime, destroying your little ships so you have to build L miners/traders only and spend a lot of time and ressources not enjoying some peace or some war.
Now if xenons had ships spawning like crazy as do kha'aks, it would make sense, even if I wouldn't like it. So, in my opinion it's either a bug or there are ships 2000km+ away from some portals somewhere, so it's not normal and a behavior like this would be patched from what I could read.
No news from Egosoft about this by the way (this xenon stations spawn fiesta). It's not a normal behavior if you do the new plots and have read what the developers said :
Spoiler
Show
they need ships to deploy stations (plots), then they need miners (devs). If they don't have any of the two, just, why ? xD
I like new ideas, but nonsense spawns break the fun. Please, don't break the fun.
Even if I dislike some things, I truely enjoy this game.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 18. May 21, 18:30

This is normal 'behavior' of the game after you have wiped out the Xenon. It has been part of the X-game-mechanics since many years (at least back to X3TC, but probably even further) that GOD tries to "rebuild" Xenon stations. The engine does a couple of trials in the same sector (eventually at the same spot), but chooses another spot if the new founded factories/stations are being destroyed several times. *
In X4, after all Xenon assets are destroyed, the engine chooses a sector as 'last resort'. There it creates building zones that might become stations - futile as there are no Xenon ships left.
Just put a group of fighters on 'patrol' and they will get rid of those building zones.

* In former X games you had to search those factories some times deeply hidden in a sector, well below the ecliptic and even well of the radii of several AdvSats.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 18. May 21, 21:08

zazie wrote:
Tue, 18. May 21, 18:30
This is normal 'behavior' of the game after you have wiped out the Xenon. It has been part of the X-game-mechanics since many years (at least back to X3TC, but probably even further) that GOD tries to "rebuild" Xenon stations. The engine does a couple of trials in the same sector (eventually at the same spot), but chooses another spot if the new founded factories/stations are being destroyed several times. *
In X4, after all Xenon assets are destroyed, the engine chooses a sector as 'last resort'. There it creates building zones that might become stations - futile as there are no Xenon ships left.
Just put a group of fighters on 'patrol' and they will get rid of those building zones.

* In former X games you had to search those factories some times deeply hidden in a sector, well below the ecliptic and even well of the radii of several AdvSats.
This is what I was trying to point out. Just like the player, there is nothing to prevent any faction from claiming a plot they choose, however if they have no ships, they aren't going to be able to do anything with the plot. Still I get it. It is annoying as hell to see those icons pop up and have to play wack-a-mole to shoot them down but like you say, after a few failed attempts, sometimes five or six attempts, they seem to eventually stop trying.

Prime example is that I took out every station on the map from the Godrealm. They tried to rebuild in their former space 6-8 times but I kept wacking their attempt down. Eventually it stopped and sometime later GOP re-emerged up in the Boneyard because it was the only unclaimed sector left on the map. Not sure how well that works for them considering as far as I know, that zone is locked until you do some story quest or another for the Split but they seem to have managed to build a few stations there.

In any case, I expect that same things happens with the Xenon. They will always try to re-emerge even if they can't accomplish it.

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Sat, 29. May 21, 00:29

Since i just cleared that part for the Yaki plot, i noticed that as long as there were Xenon Defense Stations in the sector and the sector color was still red they kept trying to build new stations.
After the Def Stations were gone, they always stopped.

waynetarlton
x4

Post by waynetarlton » Sat, 29. May 21, 03:39

When I first cleared 79B they kept spawning however, now it's been ages since they came back. I'd say no.

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Sun, 30. May 21, 04:06

Thanks for your feedbacks !

Return to “X4: Foundations”