Map question from new player

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jct3531
x4

Map question from new player

Post by jct3531 » Fri, 14. May 21, 00:17

I've only been playing X4 for a couple of weeks and I am enjoying it very much. I just got a new Omen 30L with an Nvidia RTX 3060 and 27 inch LG Ultragear monitor and the game looks amazing. I am especially enjoying the way planets and stations are rendered. I am wondering if there is a way to examine non-player stations from the map view that will allow me to zoom in and examine the modules with the same amount of detail available from the station configuration menu used for construction. I am new here so I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post questions like this.

Ezarkal
x4

Re: Map question from new player

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 14. May 21, 01:35

It is the perfect place to ask such questions.

As far as I know, there's no way you can get a "construction screen" view for NPC stations.

What you can do is use "target view" to get a camera centered on them and take a look. Select the station from the cockpit HUD, hit "F3" and use the 2/4/6/8 and +/- from the numpad to play with the camera.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Fri, 14. May 21, 02:49

Another way is if you have a specific station in mind, go and scan all the modules with your ship for that station (default keybinding is Shift+2 to turn on scan mode).

When you open the map and you double click on the station, you snap the map view to the station allowing you to rotate it easier in the map. If you look at the property view (global) table and click the drop down for that station, you'll see a list of the modules that you scanned. If you didn't scan a module, the module will pop up as ??? but would still be in a module category (production, build, dock, defence, etc).
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 14. May 21, 23:33

Duncaroos wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 02:49
If you look at the property view (global) table and click the drop down for that station, you'll see a list of the modules that you scanned. If you didn't scan a module, the module will pop up as ??? but would still be in a module category (production, build, dock, defence, etc).
Furthermore, you can select and target a module from the list whether it is scanned or not.
In the map view, when zoomed in, you do see the silhouette of the station/ship. The targeted module has a bit of highlight.
In normal view the target bracket will be on that module.

From map you can get to Logical overview that shows resources/products in stock, crew, etc ... if scanned or if you have high reputation.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”