Data Vault Question

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Slashman
x4

Data Vault Question

Post by Slashman » Fri, 14. May 21, 01:43

I came across a data vault and when I got the leak I went into scan mode and decrypted it by moving closer.

Even though the game said that I unlocked a new timeline entry, I didn't see any in my encyclopedia. Does this mean that not all data vaults give you entries or that I somehow collected this entry already? I had done that data vault but then reloaded because I thought I destroyed the data leak with my repair laser...not sure if the entries are persistent even across saves or what.

Does anyone have any clue what happened?
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Ezarkal
x4

Re: Data Vault Question

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 14. May 21, 01:59

There's a 29th datavault that got added with the COH update. I don't think it has a related timeline entry. It may be the one you found.

There's a thread about it in the spoiler forum.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Fri, 14. May 21, 02:03

Ezarkal wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 01:59
There's a 29th datavault that got added with the COH update. I don't think it has a related timeline entry. It may be the one you found.

There's a thread about it in the spoiler forum.
This was not in a COH sector though. I was nowhere near Terran Space. :gruebel:

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Fri, 14. May 21, 02:30

I have the bug that when I unlock the 29th (I opened 28 others) data vault it doesn't count and according to Xenon_Slayer : "if you start a new game, you will keep the timeline entries but will still have 29 data vaults to open up"

source : viewtopic.php?f=180&t=438348

So, if you happen to play on another save, this would explain that. You already have the timeline entry.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Fri, 14. May 21, 02:48

Driltan wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 02:30
I have the bug that when I unlock the 29th (I opened 28 others) data vault it doesn't count and according to Xenon_Slayer : "if you start a new game, you will keep the timeline entries but will still have 29 data vaults to open up"

So, if you happen to play on another save, this would explain that. You already have the timeline entry.
Ah I figured it was something like that. I got that data vault in another save it would seem. Just wanted to be sure it wasn't a bug. Thanks.

Driltan
x4

Post by Driltan » Fri, 14. May 21, 02:49

Slashman wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 02:48
Driltan wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 02:30

Ah I figured it was something like that. I got that data vault in another save it would seem. Just wanted to be sure it wasn't a bug. Thanks.
You are welcome ! Have fun ! o/

Return to “X4: Foundations”