Update 4.10 - Overview of progress and plans

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grapedog
x4

Re: Update 4.10 - Overview of progress and plans

Post by grapedog » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 09:28

jakotheshadows wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 21:54
Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 08:25
jakotheshadows wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 06:05

L miners with good shields don't care about the hazardous region in the void. So there is a possibility of not scrapping your void mining operation, especially since that is one of the richest areas for methane in the game. That said, I do hope for such ships there is some configurable option to disable this new automatic avoiding of hazardous regions. If a ship has shields that can tank it, there's no sense in taking the scenic route to work.
But they do. And those were Hokkaidos with best TER shields.
Nearly lost one, it actually dipped into hull, when doing missions there.
IIRC Hokkaidos are on the low end of L miners in terms of L Shield Generator slots. Have you considered trying something tankier like a Crane?
I've recently switched from getting the PAR L miners to Cranes... and I love em.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 09:28

Ezarkal wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 16:31
Lazerius wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 16:21
When the multiverse changes go live, will the old way of doing ventures also be an option?

Ventures have always been my primary way of getting the necessary Mod parts to trick out ships I want to use. I'm beginning to run low on some of them, and I'm not going to grind missions just at a CHANCE of finding a mission to give me a single Exceptional Shield Generator Coil, especially when tricking out a single Asgard takes 13 of them.

With how this game tends to weigh Mod RNG rolls towards the very low end, changing to requiring players to waste hours to acquire the necessary parts, I'll just consider Ship Modding to be a write off for me in my Vanilla game.

Unless they're constantly monitored and setup for overkill, Ships are intended to be disposable in this game. Mod parts should NOT be so tedious to acquire as they currently are without ventures.
I agree with that. Venture was also my main way of getting ship mods, and I really hope to be able to use it in this way again.
Me too, especially as I started a new game with 4.0 CoH..
It will be really appalling if we won't be able to get those mods as before.
Last edited by foxxbl on Thu, 10. Jun 21, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

Kajar
x4

Post by Kajar » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 09:36

I have a humble request.

May we have a 500x and a 1000x to the ship order amount? Ordering 20x 100 ships so i get my 2000 is slightly on the tedious side.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 09:45

aversin wrote:
Thu, 10. Jun 21, 09:36
I have a humble request.

May we have a 500x and a 1000x to the ship order amount? Ordering 20x 100 ships so i get my 2000 is slightly on the tedious side.
Why would you need 2000 of any ship in unmodded game? Across the years with X4 I only had to use 100x order several times when buying fighters for a carrier battlegroups.

Kajar
x4

Post by Kajar » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 10:24

To supply the massive industry needed to supply terraforming.

I got dozens of mining stations at the 255 assigned ships limit to supply close to a hundred factories by now. Thats some 4 and a half days into the save.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 12:18

Bernd wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 17:49
The following, seemingly unremarkable point is also very critical and requires a lot of testing. The new improved graphics engine should now be able to cope better with systems that are at the lower end of our hardware requirements. However, even with better systems, there are still customers where the game stops with "device lost" messages. Here, 4.10 will change a lot. Unfortunately, every change brings with it the danger of new problems. We are currently testing this intensively.
  • Improved asset pre-loading on GPUs with high memory capacity.
  • Improved asset streaming on GPUs with low memory capacity.
A huge amount of fixes very much anticipated in the next beta, looking forward in particular to giving the quoted new improved graphics engine a good testing :)
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations”