[Feature request] Transfer wares between player stations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Oloka
x4

[Feature request] Transfer wares between player stations

Post by Oloka » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 16:25

Scenario:
1. I have a lot of stations, some of them are just trading stations, some of them are producing things - do not bother what is the type - important is I have more of them than one page of the 'Property Owned' window can fit in.
2. I want to transfer 'tons of wares' from one of my station to the other one, these are distant station. Let's assume a source station of wares is on the top of the list and the destination is on the bottom of the list mentioned in point 1 (so you have to scroll to see/select them).
3. I like to repeat something similar for other stations/wares often.

EDIT1: I might be not specific enough about the scenario -It is about transfer of very specific wares list with specific amount from a determined station to other selected station. It is NOT about transferring some random wares and random stations. Sorry for being not clear enough.
EDIT2: some examples related to my scenario you may consider:
1. How many times you did a research at your HQ and the resources were available but on a different stations than HQ and you needed either to buy resources or deliver them manually?
2. How many times you started to build a new BIG station and you had almost all what is required and you could deliver own resources there but it was not worth of the time?
3. How many times you added drones to your station and resources were somewhere else and you had to do deliver them manually because AI would not deliver them?
4. How many times you thought you could sell your wares better in some other/distant regions and you would just need an easy way to transfer what is scarce there? <- EDIT3: I Agree - repeat orders can be used for that

How others are dealing with above? Is there any better way to do it than selecting some ship and to click on a source and destination stations as many times as necessary so eventually a ship has enough buy/sell/transfer orders to transfer one ware from one station to the other? How bout additional wares to transfer? Do the same? How about number of stations on the list so clicking process is more and more annoying?
I am doing it that simple way and I am clicking and clicking and clicking and I must say it is a pain in the bottom - more station I have and more wares to transfer - more I have to click, scroll, click, do some maths in between and... it is simply not fun.

My empire is growing - and there is more and more pain because of described above limitation - I simply need out-of-the-box feature to do above scenario in a few clicks - I do not want to spend my time on mindless clicking (just to be clear - I do not want to install any mods)

In a perfect world the solution could be something like below:
1. select wares and amount to transfer between stations (one step or more depending on different wares to transfer)
2. select a ship or more ships to perform the actual transfer and confirm it.
Last edited by Oloka on Sun, 13. Jun 21, 11:59, edited 4 times in total.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: [Feature request] Transfer wares between player stations

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 16:52

I prefer to setup this sort of thing to run entirely automatically, using 'my faction only' blacklists on my internal logistics freighters to transport wares between my stations. Will sometimes also use travel blacklists to specify the particular route & stations each freighter will supply. After you've got the blacklists configured it's then just a matter of ensuring prices are correctly set so resources flow in the right direction.

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 16:55

Build stations in between and set them up to only buy from yourself. Then they'll buy from the full one and sell to the empty one.

Oloka
x4

Post by Oloka » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 17:08

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 16:52
I prefer to setup this sort of thing to run entirely automatically, using 'my faction only' blacklists on my internal logistics freighters to transport wares between my stations. Will sometimes also use travel blacklists to specify the particular route & stations each freighter will supply. After you've got the blacklists configured it's then just a matter of ensuring prices are correctly set so resources flow in the right direction.
I would prefer automatic as well, however If I am not wrong (and if I understood your suggestion correctly), 'my faction blacklist' would work only partially - no transfer amount option, no real choice of wares selection, there can be different wares I want to transfer from a station to a station and it would only work with some gate distance, right? if so - that would be not good enough. Thanks anyway.

Oloka
x4

Post by Oloka » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 17:14

KextV8 wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 16:55
Build stations in between and set them up to only buy from yourself. Then they'll buy from the full one and sell to the empty one.
there would be no option to select wares I want to transfer and no option to select amount - besides it would not work always because of skills of personnel and gate distance limitation

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 17:33

Oloka wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 17:08
it would only work with some gate distance, right?
Not necessarily. Currently supplying my HQ in Scale Plate Green with resources mined in & around Grand Exchange (7 gates away). Solution was to build additional stations in Trinity Sanctum, with buy/sell prices set 1cr higher than at my mining stations in Grand Exchange. Incidentally my HQ has no mining ships of it's own & is entirely reliant on resources shipped in from other stations.

Oloka
x4

Post by Oloka » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 17:50

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 17:33
Oloka wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 17:08
it would only work with some gate distance, right?
Not necessarily. Currently supplying my HQ in Scale Plate Green with resources mined in & around Grand Exchange (7 gates away). Solution was to build additional stations in Trinity Sanctum, with buy/sell prices set 1cr higher than at my mining stations in Grand Exchange. Incidentally my HQ has no mining ships of it's own & is entirely reliant on resources shipped in from other stations.
Thanks for your effort, but what you are suggesting would require more than I do now - it would require to build additional station(s) every few sectors and there would be no real ware/amount selection. What I am doing right now by clicking is 'much' faster. I edited my original post hoping the scenario is more clear now. Thanks.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 06:44

Open the Info panel for a trade ship
Select Behaviour Tab
Click Default Behaviour Button
Select Repeat Orders
Setup Supply Runs

The Trade ship will now repeat valid orders sequentially indefinitely
Goto Station A & Collect ware Z
Goto Station B & Deliver ware Z
Goto Station C & Deliver ware Z etc

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 22:37

Oloka wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 16:25
Scenario:
1. I have a lot of stations, some of them are just trading stations, some of them are producing things - do not bother what is the type - important is I have more of them than one page of the 'Property Owned' window can fit in.
2. I want to transfer 'tons of wares' from one of my station to the other one, these are distant station. Let's assume a source station of wares is on the top of the list and the destination is on the bottom of the list mentioned in point 1 (so you have to scroll to see/select them).

EDIT1: I might be not specific enough about the scenario -It is about transfer of very specific wares list with specific amount from a determined station to other selected station. It is NOT about transferring some random wares and random stations. Sorry for being not clear enough.
1. How many times you did a research at your HQ and the resources were available but on a different stations than HQ and you needed either to buy resources or deliver them manually?
2. How many times you started to build a new BIG station and you had almost all what is required and you could deliver own resources there but it was not worth of the time?
3. How many times you added drones to your station and resources were somewhere else and you had to do deliver them manually because AI would not deliver them?
4. How many times you thought you could sell your wares better in some other/distant regions and you would just need an easy way to transfer what is scarce there?

How others are dealing with above? Is there any better way to do it than selecting some ship and to click on a source and destination stations as many times as necessary so eventually a ship has enough buy/sell/transfer orders to transfer one ware from one station to the other? How bout additional wares to transfer? Do the same? How about number of stations on the list so clicking process is more and more annoying?
I am doing it that simple way and I am clicking and clicking and clicking and I must say it is a pain in the bottom - more station I have and more wares to transfer - more I have to click, scroll, click, do some maths in between and... it is simply not fun.

My empire is growing - and there is more and more pain because of described above limitation - I simply need out-of-the-box feature to do above scenario in a few clicks - I do not want to spend my time on mindless clicking (just to be clear - I do not want to install any mods)

1. select wares and amount to transfer between stations (one step or more depending on different wares to transfer)
Repeat Orders is what you want to use.

waynetarlton
x4

Post by waynetarlton » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 06:07

Repeat Orders in default behaviour does not avail the transfer of goods from a station.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 08:09

waynetarlton wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 06:07
Repeat Orders in default behaviour does not avail the transfer of goods from a station.
https://youtu.be/hhn_COZESQI?t=474

waynetarlton
x4

Post by waynetarlton » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 08:15

RodentofDoom wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 08:09
waynetarlton wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 06:07
https://youtu.be/hhn_COZESQI?t=474
OMG, thankyou thankyou thankyou.... :D :) :D

Oloka
x4

Post by Oloka » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 08:32

My understanding of repeat orders feature is that it does not allow you to define total amount of transferred ware. Even if it there is 'buy up to' slider it would be repeated order so you have no option to provide let's say buy 10k of something and stop. I was hoping that my EDIT1 to original post does clarify amount requirement.
BTW - I am using repeat orders when I do not care about the amount and I simply want to transfer something indefinitely.

Oloka
x4

Post by Oloka » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 11:54

Oloka wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 16:25
Scenario:

4. How many times you thought you could sell your wares better in some other/distant regions and you would just need an easy way to transfer what is scarce there? <- EDIT3: I Agree - repeat orders can be used for that

thijso

Post by thijso » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 11:57

If you don't mind MODs, I built one exactly for this for myself mainly. You can find it here: https://github.com/thijs/SimpleMule

You might also need the MOD it's based off of (actually never tested without): https://github.com/Misunderstood-Wookie ... s-Extended

Oloka
x4

Post by Oloka » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 12:11

thijso wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 11:57
If you don't mind MODs, I built one exactly for this for myself mainly. You can find it here: https://github.com/thijs/SimpleMule

You might also need the MOD it's based off of (actually never tested without): https://github.com/Misunderstood-Wookie ... s-Extended
Thank you, based on what I read from the links you've provided, your suggested solution could satisfy my requirements the best so far but unfortunately I do not want to use mods (yet) - it is also specified in the original post :)

Geoman
x4

Post by Geoman » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 14:26

Oloka wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 08:32
My understanding of repeat orders feature is that it does not allow you to define total amount of transferred ware. Even if it there is 'buy up to' slider it would be repeated order so you have no option to provide let's say buy 10k of something and stop. I was hoping that my EDIT1 to original post does clarify amount requirement.
BTW - I am using repeat orders when I do not care about the amount and I simply want to transfer something indefinitely.
You can set the cargo space at the receiving station to the specified amount. Not sure if it works but the pilot should not be able to drop more if the cargo space for that ware is full. Also not sure what the pilot will do: probably sit around and wait till there is cargo space available? There will be some excess goods then (1 trade run), but you should be able to identify an idle trader.

Return to “X4: Foundations”