Ship Info doesn't tell the size of the ship?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

Ship Info doesn't tell the size of the ship?

Post by user1679 » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 23:01

Are map icons the only quick way to tell what size a ship is?

I might just be overlooking it but when I look at the ship info of a ship in space, I don't see any entry that says S, M, L or XL. I haven't encountered enough ships
to identify them by sight.

Fishille
x4

Re: Ship Info doesn't tell the size of the ship?

Post by Fishille » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 23:16

No, the only way is by the icon, but there are only a handful. Triangle is small, triangle one line is medium, triangle two lines is large and anything other then a triangle is XL.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 00:15

Fishille wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 23:16
No, the only way is by the icon, but there are only a handful. Triangle is small, triangle one line is medium, triangle two lines is large and anything other then a triangle is XL.
Thanks, that's what I thought. I was hoping this would be part of the basic "information" window and I was just overlooking it.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 05:27

Triangles are for combat ships alone, though the same line method is used for the other symbols as well.

Couriers, miners, transports, and combat ships all have different base icons, and then use lines to show size.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 03:36

It's interesting because the information is available. I installed SirNuke's Better Target Monitor and it will show S, M, L, XL in the target monitor window.
Seems strange it's not part of the basic ship info panel. Sometimes I find icons on my map just load as colored squares.

Return to “X4: Foundations”