[Request] Different color for selected ship order lines (map)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

[Request] Different color for selected ship order lines (map)

Post by user1679 » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 00:23

The map has an option to "show orders" which has the nice effect of showing all the path lines your ships are taking. The only drawback is they're all the same color.

Suggestion:

Make the "orders" path line green for the selected ship while leaving other ships blue

Details:

I have six miners flying to various stations and an interceptor flying to a specific sector. All my ships have to pass through Grand Exchange I which has two highways
and two gates. I couldn't tell which path was chosen for my interceptor without actually disabling the "show orders" option and then selecting my ship.

I was curious what path the interceptor had chosen because sometimes I find the AI actually flies through undiscovered sectors and I didn't want that to happen because
I've accidentally flown into an invasion or missed a cutscene because I was AFK (I heard the narrator talking about disabled gates).

Summary:

Having the selected ship's order lines on the map be a different color from order lines for other ships would be useful in quickly seeing a chosen path while still allowing the player to
leave the "show orders" and "show allies orders" enabled.
Last edited by user1679 on Fri, 11. Jun 21, 03:43, edited 2 times in total.

Oloka
x4

Re: [Request] Different color for selected ship order lines (map)

Post by Oloka » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 13:56

I do not care about a colour but I like the idea. +1

user1679

Re: [Request] Different color for selected ship order lines (map)

Post by user1679 » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 03:41

Oloka wrote:
Thu, 10. Jun 21, 13:56
I do not care about a colour but I like the idea. +1
Thanks for the support. The only reason I chose green and blue instead of a lighter blue is for the benefit of colorblind
players who often have difficulty separating shades of the same color (typically blue, green and red).

Return to “X4: Foundations”