Computronic Substrate

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Krater

Computronic Substrate

Post by Krater » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 11:42

So started a new game as terran several days ago and i noticed something very annoying. Every station and every drone I build needs Computronic and Silicon Carbide. Even if i build a 100% Argon station like this one (https://i.postimg.cc/mkwpMDdR/X4-Founda ... -27-98.png) with only Argon shield and turrets, I still need these 2 ressources for some reasons. The only ones producing these ressources are the Terran and the Pionneers which are too far away for my auto traders to reach them + the fact that there is never Computronic Substrate available for sell or a very small amount (53 available when I am writing this).
I tried to make my own Computronic Substrate factory but that thing ask for so much hydrogen (18k/h if I am not wrong), sectors regen can't follow up and my miners are mining gas so far away I barely produce anything.
Really bored of that little thing that ruin my game :(

michi_oss
x4

Re: Computronic Substrate

Post by michi_oss » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 12:02

You have to change in the global settings or station settings the construction method (I do not know the english term ingame) from Terran to universal.
Die Kraft einer Kerze ist die Flamme, aber sie brennt nur so lange wie der Docht.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 19:41

It’s an over sight by the game makers, So the way round it is to set Global command rules, and station commodities rules, settings, sliders, tabs, tick box’s, all kinds of anomalous stuff is required to figure out this conundrum. And even then you will not know if you have the setting right of wrong !

Politicians call this filibustering, time waisting for no good reason.

And you end up more confused than when you started.

Good luck.
:?

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 19:57

Actually this was an elegant way to allow them to implement Terran materials without requiring the player to artificially rely on non Terran materials to complete projects. Sticking with the status quo that the Terran economy is completely different and separate from the other factions and are complete outsiders. To be able to switch between using the two trees is very nice, depending where you build a station and what is available locally makes a big difference.

Krater

Post by Krater » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 20:46

Thank you guys, you saved my game!

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 03:47

I think how they did it is a nice way. I will criticize that they did a poor job of conveying how the parameter works to the player. Though, I do wish they added the option to prefer one, but use the other if you don't have enough resources in your preferred type to fulfill the order.

kasan
x4

Post by kasan » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 20:45

Nort The Fragrent wrote:
Fri, 11. Jun 21, 19:41
It’s an over sight by the game makers, So the way round it is to set Global command rules, and station commodities rules, settings, sliders, tabs, tick box’s, all kinds of anomalous stuff is required to figure out this conundrum. And even then you will not know if you have the setting right of wrong !
I don't know what problem you're having, but the only time I need to use terran materials in a space station is if I have a terran module on it. Otherwise it uses the other faction materials.
Edit: And that's with the global build method set to terran.

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 20:57

kasan wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 20:45
Nort The Fragrent wrote:
Fri, 11. Jun 21, 19:41
I don't know what problem you're having, but the only time I need to use terran materials in a space station is if I have a terran module on it. Otherwise it uses the other faction materials.
Edit: And that's with the global build method set to terran.
It affects drones.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 00:17

btw. it also affects deployables, missiles and similar for wharfs.
In the beta the build method can be set per station, though it's a well hidden setting between the trade rules.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 17:59

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Tue, 22. Jun 21, 00:17
btw. it also affects deployables, missiles and similar for wharfs.
In the beta the build method can be set per station, though it's a well hidden setting between the trade rules.
This is true for 4.0 HF3
I have a “Terran” wharf using all Terran materials. I limit it from buying stock of unnecessary materials, on my universal stations I make sure I set them to universal so I don’t need to wait for Terran materials. There’s a global setting for default, but each station can be manually set.

Edit: one thing I wish they did was document the materials usage in Encylopedia to show the differences.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 02:00

a setting chose build method on sector owner as default would be nice.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 16:06

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Wed, 23. Jun 21, 02:00
a setting chose build method on sector owner as default would be nice.
Agreed, but could become a problem on the very odd chance you have a sector change ownership and mess up a wharf or shipyard, but the odds of that are minimal, I think it would be a smart default setting for the player to have it default to match sector ownership.

Return to “X4: Foundations”