How do you mod your Raptor ?.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dreez
x4

How do you mod your Raptor ?.

Post by Dreez » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 21:58

Not talking about game-mods, just shipmods that can be found or rewarded from missions .
I read somewhere that someone modded their Raptor with increased Hull, and maxed repairdrones which
made it regen hull faster than any shielding.
And considering how slow they are, i assume speedmods are also something someone would benefit from ?.

I haven't started using any mods yet because i haven't had a ship yet that i deemed worth the investment.
Either the Raptor now, or Syn/Asgard once i buy CoH .
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

grapedog
x4

Re: How do you mod your Raptor ?.

Post by grapedog » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 23:14

Guess it depends on the player, but i almost always end up modding a good S or M ship first, since i spend the vast majority of my fly time in one of those ships. Id mod out my asp raider or nemesis before i mod out a destroyer.

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 01:18

I usually just blow raptors up and use Syns/Asgards instead.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 02:34

Dreez wrote:
Fri, 11. Jun 21, 21:58
Not talking about game-mods, just shipmods that can be found or rewarded from missions .
I read somewhere that someone modded their Raptor with increased Hull, and maxed repairdrones which
made it regen hull faster than any shielding.
And considering how slow they are, i assume speedmods are also something someone would benefit from ?.
For a personal flag ship I would mod them with exceptional chassis and forward thrust mods. Speed always helps since it allows you to position yourself better, faster.

If you go the tanky route then you will need a lot of highly skilled service crew and a reasonably skilled captain since that factors a lot into ship repair speed.

Since you do not have Call of Humanity the best options for shields would be Teladi shield generators with either exceptional pure capacity, or balanced capacity and regen. I prefer balanced capacity and regen as it keeps recharge time from empty to full roughly the same, however extra capacity can bring more value given how infrequent combat is and so shield recharge time is not really an issue to begin with.

For turrets it depends on what role you see the ship as. For anti fighter then PAR L Pulse turrets and ARG M Flak turrets are a good choice due to their high accuracy and splash damage. Replacing the L turrets with PAR L Plasma turrets gives you a good balance of long range anti-capital damage and anti-fighter power. Going all in with SPL L Plasma and ARG M Plasma turrets gives you high end anti-capital damage that some people report is even enough to destroy Branch 9 Destroyer I after travelling close to it. Similar was reported with SPL M Flak turrets, which are also high damage M turrets. For weapon mods on the turret banks I would recommend the ones that increase damage and fire speed at the cost of heat cooling reduction since those are cheaper and easier to roll than the exceptional weapon mods while having no down side since heat is not an issue for turrets. If you want exceptional mods then some of them also have rotation seed rolls which logically help turrets aim better, but these can be a pain to roll reasonably taking a long time each due to how many random elements they have.
KextV8 wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 01:18
I usually just blow raptors up and use Syns/Asgards instead.
This requires the Call of Humanity DLC, which is separate from Split Vendetta.

That said, Raptor is still the best anti-S/M XL ship in X4 due to the silly number of M turrets it has. It is also still a very good carrier for S ships.

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 04:54

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 02:34
This requires the Call of Humanity DLC, which is separate from Split Vendetta.

That said, Raptor is still the best anti-S/M XL ship in X4 due to the silly number of M turrets it has. It is also still a very good carrier for S ships.
All true, but I don't find that role meaningful personally, thanks to how the AI executes orders and assignments. I can go in and manually order them to attack and it works fine, or intercept and it works fine. But I haven't had any luck making Coordinate Attack, Attack, or Defend work with S ships on carriers. They just sit there and don't do anything most of the time. And I don't feel like manually controlling swarms of S.

For standard stuff I use my own M or L ship. If I need real firepower for anything, its blowing up stations or gate camping, so I use a fleet of Destroyers/Asgards. I have fleet support ships for each destroyer group filled with fighters set on intercept, and one Carrier that I built just because I love the idea of carriers. But no S ships actually get used in any combat capacity beyond intercepting for their fleet support ships in my games, and the Carrier just patrols around my HQ looking cool.

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 07:51

My Flagship Raptor has a lot of M ARG Beams and Pulse with damage mod - the beams eat drones and S fighter pretty fast, pulse helps agains M and for a nice light effect. Only the noise of beams can be annoying, but they are so effectiv.
SPL L Plasmas mit damage mod. You learn to take care for the distance to stations :roll:
Lot of speed/agility mods, i thought about hull mod but its a brick then.
Not sure about my shield mod, i think capacity for more buffer is the right way to go.

PS: dont be scared to hulltank your Raptor (or SPL ships). Crew levels up faster as a side effect

Return to “X4: Foundations”