Spacefly eggs - can't find. [SOLVED]

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dreez
x4

Spacefly eggs - can't find. [SOLVED]

Post by Dreez » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 15:15

I'm in need of these eggs for a plot, and i have flown a Ratty to blow up asteroids and taken a fighter
to fly and collect drops in Argon Prime, yet after hours of searching, i still only have 3 eggs.

And despite a HUGE mining operation in The Void, which has tons of resources, not a single items drops there... nothing.

Is there any tricks to getting the eggs ?, any specific sector to fly around in ?.

/Edit: Flew around an asteroid field with the scanner, located all the eggs i needed, took a while tho.
Last edited by Dreez on Tue, 15. Jun 21, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Re: Spacefly eggs - can't find.

Post by Tamina » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 15:24

Just fly your ship near a zone with lots of miners and wait. Spaceflies and other precious ressources you need (EMP bombs) will drop in plenty numbers. This works especially well if you have a station with lots of M miners.

Maybe blowing asteroids up with military weapons will not make them drop? I have no idea but it may be worth trying with a mining laser yourself. I am usually gathering ressources in Second Contact due to The Void having hazardous areas.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 16:10

When you're in an asteroid field turn on scan mode and look for orange-ish blobs on the surface of asteroids. Along with the resources there's a chance to drop spacefly eggs, lodestones, or unstable crystals when you destroy those blobs. I like to go to the northern area of Trinity Sanctum III and just focus on the small ice asteroids since the blobs are easier to see and close together.

If you have SETA another option would be parking your ship in an area with lots of mining activity and let the game run for a bit. Asteroid drops should just pile up over time since they don't seem to de-spawn like regular inventory items. Antigone Republic seemed like a good sector to do this when I tried it.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 16:15

Like the other commenter posted, chase a couple miners and you'll have lodestones, unstable crystals and spacefly eggs dropping pretty soon.

For future planning, grab yourself a solid S class ship and just park it on a station closest to an active Xenon gate. The Xenon will throw themselves against the station's defenses and got shot down where they drop their loot, so you just got to check the galaxy map every now and then and order your ship to collect all drops and park back on the station. You'll accumulate arseloads of stuff that way, including spacefly eggs of course.
I have a bunch of ships on battlefield salvage duty and got more spacefly eggs than I'll probably ever need. The last such ship I visited to collect their inventory had ~500 spacefly eggs plus thousands of other stuff I can use for crafting or just sell (let me tell you, selling over 200 Programmable Field Arrays for ~170k each is a nice stimulus check).

As long as Xenons haven't gotten fought back too much, there's always two or three sectors you can use that way. After a couple hours ingame of periodically checking and collecting the stuff, you won't want for spacefly eggs ever again ... or much of the other loot drops for that matter. So much Majaglit.

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 16:29

Tamina wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 15:24
Just fly your ship near a zone with lots of miners
^ this is great way. roaming popular mining sectors can net you lots of illegal wares :twisted:

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 18:50

palenaka wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 16:29
Tamina wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 15:24
Just fly your ship near a zone with lots of miners
^ this is great way. roaming popular mining sectors can net you lots of illegal wares :twisted:
Just be careful of 5-0...
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 05:10

Feloidea wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 16:15
Like the other commenter posted, chase a couple miners and you'll have lodestones, unstable crystals and spacefly eggs dropping pretty soon.

For future planning, grab yourself a solid S class ship and just park it on a station closest to an active Xenon gate. The Xenon will throw themselves against the station's defenses and got shot down where they drop their loot, so you just got to check the galaxy map every now and then and order your ship to collect all drops and park back on the station. You'll accumulate arseloads of stuff that way, including spacefly eggs of course.
I have a bunch of ships on battlefield salvage duty and got more spacefly eggs than I'll probably ever need. The last such ship I visited to collect their inventory had ~500 spacefly eggs plus thousands of other stuff I can use for crafting or just sell (let me tell you, selling over 200 Programmable Field Arrays for ~170k each is a nice stimulus check).

As long as Xenons haven't gotten fought back too much, there's always two or three sectors you can use that way. After a couple hours ingame of periodically checking and collecting the stuff, you won't want for spacefly eggs ever again ... or much of the other loot drops for that matter. So much Majaglit.
If you have the HQ you can use repeat orders with a fast class S

step 1 - enable repeat orders
step 2 - Issue collect ware order #x
step 3 - Issue drop off order to 'safety deposit'
step 4 - profits

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 05:42

Clownmug wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 16:10
When you're in an asteroid field turn on scan mode and look for orange-ish blobs on the surface of asteroids. Along with the resources there's a chance to drop spacefly eggs, lodestones, or unstable crystals when you destroy those blobs.
Although I HOPE they'll eventually fix this exploit, for now you can cheese the orange surface blob appearance. The orange surface blobs are randomly assigned EVERY TIME you turn on scan mode. So if you turn on scan mode, see a blob, then shoot the blob, so that you no longer have a blob in front of you, just turn off scan mode and turn it back on again.

Hey presto, new blob.

Please, EGOSOFT, patch out this exploit.

(But until they do, I'm totally still using it.)
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 11:07

Space Fly Eggs drop in large quantities from Xenon, for some reason... If you need some then either loot from a Xenon battle ground, or shoot up some Xenon yourself and collect the drops.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 12:43

RodentofDoom wrote:
Tue, 15. Jun 21, 05:10
Feloidea wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 16:15

If you have the HQ you can use repeat orders with a fast class S

step 1 - enable repeat orders
step 2 - Issue collect ware order #x
step 3 - Issue drop off order to 'safety deposit'
step 4 - profits
Naw, repeat order will get the ship shot to scrapmetal because the ship will attempt to collect in the middle of a swarm attack. Just check the map every couple minutes (Xenon S swarms happen pretty often), manually order the ship to collect once it's safe, order it back to dock at the station and repeat. Then whenever you're around in the area or need the stuff, just dock at the same station and speak to the pilot to take his/her inventory.

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 16:06

I usually just park a carrier group on the honey pot, the carrier group will eradicate all xenons and keep my loot buddy alive to keep collecting drops. I usually setup a repeat order routine that has the ship move away, then come back to loot repeatedly. That keeps it moving so it doesn’t sit idle in one spot for too long.

Return to “X4: Foundations”