(Suggestion) Custom Battles Simulation

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

(Suggestion) Custom Battles Simulation

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 22:35

Basially this is similar to recently added station designer, but combat oriented.

Basically the game would load only small area, without any universe logic running and spawn and run player designed battle.

Here how it works:

Scenarios:
- Ambush - Single sector, Defender in in the center, Attacker is spawned all around defender position.
- Stand off - attacker and defender are spawned at opposite side of the sector - if player is attacker then defender will wait till you attack.
- Outpost - single (designable) station protected by defender. Attacker is spawned all around.
- Gate Blockade - 2 sectors connected by the single gate. Both forces are spawned at opposite end of the gate.
- Convoy - 3 sectors connected by the gates. Defender must protect selected freighters and safely move them to the other side of 3 sector chain.

Customization options:
Player - Attacker/Defender

Fleet Composition - Both forces would be customizable by Shipyard screen (plus station design for Outpost).
Fleet Organization - organize both fleet via squad assignments (e.g. carrier interceptor/defend/attack).
Attacker wave spawn - select squads spawn delay, e.g. wave 1: starting, wave 2: 5 minutes, wave 3: 10 minutes etc.
Defender wave spawn - same as above, but as reinforcements for defender.
Scenario Objective - destroy objective (e.g. designated Flagship, or Outpost or Convoy), destroy all enemies.
Player Teleporter: Unlocked/Locked

Last but not least, if player is defender, each scenario would require some rudimentary attack logic for AI attacker.
Last edited by mr.WHO on Sun, 25. Jul 21, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.

Falcrack
x4

Re: (Suggestion) Custom Battles Simulation

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 22:46

I've asked for the same thing in the past. I would love something where I could just set up a custom fleet battle, and fight it out, with me either standing on the bridge, commanding a destroyer, or just a single fighter. No worries about grinding up your economy to be able to afford your fleet. Have a guarantee to have a challenging force in opposition. Everything set in a single sector, so no real economy to worry about, or perhaps a scaled down, abstracted economy more suited to a short engagement.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 23:04

This would be also useful to test ships and mods.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 17:36

Just start with a generic battle imo.
Thinking back to the X2 simulations at the end. Just a generic battle, in an asteroid field.
Oh, and remember to let us customize the ships in the battle if we want too, including all those shield/hull mods and stuff, though here perhaps you have a choice of RNG or just put it as an average value. Or just let you key in the value within the range.

DragonEye501
x3ap

Post by DragonEye501 » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 18:16

I agree, or at least a gamestart (like station designer) where we have one of every ship in the game next to an equipment dock with everything unlocked so we can test before we buy.

Return to “X4: Foundations”