[Suggestion]-Advisors Council in Game

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

StarHiker

[Suggestion]-Advisors Council in Game

Post by StarHiker » Sun, 1. Aug 21, 02:17

ADVISORS COUNCIL IN GAME

I SEE X4 AS A EMPIRE BUILDER, with the player rising and becoming Emperor.
And as X4 moves closer to becoming a living Universe, the need for auto systems grow.

As in real life, all leaders, have had a council of Advisors, who guide,
and help the leader control his Empire, as he can't be everywhere at once.
And after all the Leader need not be required to mop a floor, or fix a leak, Unless he wants to.

At a Point in the Game, the Player needs to Acquire a Council of Advisors,
much like the Boron, seen as a Science Adviser, they should also be Operation Supervisors.
One for each area of the Game, such as: Military, Mining, Trading, Construction, Engineering,
Personnel, Station, Fleet, Tereforming, ect. They may also acquire and have sub-managers who
work under them.

These Advisors would have levels of skill, like all NPC's, and improve with experience and training.
They would advise the player with ALERTS, in their area of control, consisting of several choices,
allowing the player to choose which action to take when needed.

Not all choices would be the best, based on their level of current skill, but the player remains
in ultimate control of the direction he decides to take.

As the Advisors grow in skill level, the player can allow them more control, with fewer alerts to
the player needed. The level of alerts can always be set by the player, for his preferred level of
management in the game.

This would allow players to set the depth of micro management they like, not only across the entire game,
but also in the area they wish to go deeper into, while turning down the others, without losing their control.

Bottom line is, Options allowing Freedom of Choice for All the Players, to get the most Fun from a game,
should be the Ultimate Goal.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Sun, 1. Aug 21, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title capitalisation adjusted.
Anything you can think of is Possible, only that which you can not Conceive is Impossible

mr.WHO
x4

Re: [Suggestion]-ADVISORS COUNCIL IN GAME

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 1. Aug 21, 11:49

This would be neat idea for late game HQ interior.

Each advisor would provide some kind of automatization, where you simply dump a Credit budget to him and he will do the rest.

Example of the late game chore, I'd liek to dump on advisor:
I have 20+ stations with asigned the number of M/L mines and traders - from time to time they die due to enemy activity.

I'd love to tell to advisor - keep 20 L size mineral miners, 20 L-size gas miners and 20 L-size trades to in specific stations, preferably order replacement in my ShipYard.

Other advisor would be the supply advisor that would give you ovear status and report alerts for you stations (current map GUI is limited in size, so cannot report everything):
- lack of resources
- lack food / workforce
- lack of storage space
- lack of budget

ChristopherS

Re: [Suggestion]-Advisors Council in Game

Post by ChristopherS » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 20:19

This would be amazing. I'm a new player to the X universe with Foundations being the first I've played. I LOVE it, but this suggestion you've made, to me would add much more depth to the game.

I do not pretend to know if this would ever be, or is, possible, but it would be epic to see something like this in the game.

Nice suggestion.
Thought provoking signature.

Christopher - Sometimes sarcastic, sometimes grumpy, always pedantic.

Ezarkal
x4

Re: [Suggestion]-Advisors Council in Game

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 21:56

My initial knee-jerk reaction is "and leave my empire in the hands of the game's AI??? No way!
But the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. As a playthrough progresses and the number of assets grow, the micromanagement becomes frankly tedious. Having a common area where we can pool up the issues and automate certain process (in the form of a advisors, or anything else) would really be welcome.

The ideas mentioned above are great examples.

Since we're throwing stuff at the wall, why not a trade/economic advisors, whose task would be to keep track of critical requests at NPC's shipyards, or general sector-wide requests ("Pious mists has a great need of microchips. Consider making a station there, etc.")
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X4: Foundations”