Rework building stations?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

S!rAssassin

Rework building stations?

Post by S!rAssassin » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 13:44

Currently in game we first creating a plot on map. Afterward we hire a builder.
But construction site appears magically in sector before builder arrives to construction zone!

Before game release, I had think builder deploys itself to construction site with temporal storage and docking bay. But, it is not... Xenon and Khaak haven`t construction vessels at all!

Maybe, it`s time to rework building mechanic?

Panos
x4

Re: Rework building stations?

Post by Panos » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 14:04

S!rAssassin wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 13:44
Currently in game we first creating a plot on map. Afterward we hire a builder.
But construction site appears magically in sector before builder arrives to construction zone!

Before game release, I had think builder deploys itself to construction site with temporal storage and docking bay. But, it is not... Xenon and Khaak haven`t construction vessels at all!

Maybe, it`s time to rework building mechanic?
a) The construction site is your plot with with the storage area. If that wasn't marked NPC faction would have taken the same position and the game could fase issues with double booking the same plot.
The only thing that appears is the storage area which is OK. Given the time builder takes to move to the contruction site you want to waste all the time without been able to have the bulding materials on site?
Why you want to torture yourself? :gruebel:

b) Xenon HAVE contruction vessel, is that M size ship that transfers the goods also. It builds the station the moment all the building materials are on site.

c) KHK I have no idea.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 14:28

Panos wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 14:04
If that wasn't marked NPC faction would have taken the same position and the game could fase issues with double booking the same plot.
If you paid for plot - it`s reserved. No pay - second builder must be ready to combat. Or leave.
No issues, but realistic.

Xenon have only M-transporter, not builder, isn`t it? Khaak haven`t it all.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 17:19

S!rAssassin wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 13:44
That's actually how XR worked, more or less. CV would deploy at build site and act as build storage. Other ships would dock to it to deliver wares.

The issue back then was that your CV would stay deployed forever. You could not reuse them, and they would stay next to your station.

I don't mind the current "build storage" meta. It allows traders to deliver the wares even before the CV gets in position.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 18:36

Current system works awesome, not sure why this is a problem. Plot marked so no one else can build there. Construction storage set up so it is independent of the ship, perfect! You don't even have to pay to rent the ship until you have your construction storage full if you don't want - this is awesome since sometimes wares are in high demand and the construction ship wanders off before the wares are fully delivered. This means that construction ships don't become a glut in the system and all universe-wide construction halts because we're waiting for wares delivery.

The TWO PROBLEMS that remains with building involve cancellation. You CANNOT cancel a construction ship assignment. And you CANNOT cancel / delete a plot once it is defined. Those two still need to be fixed.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Fri, 6. Aug 21, 05:52

oddible wrote:
Wed, 4. Aug 21, 18:36
The TWO PROBLEMS that remains with building involve cancellation. You CANNOT cancel a construction ship assignment. And you CANNOT cancel / delete a plot once it is defined. Those two still need to be fixed.
I'm Sure you can at least Delete a Plot once you no longer want/need it.

Remove the Modules from the Plan
(IF Station built wait till it is deconstructed)
Go to plot manager and click x beside the plot in question

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 6. Aug 21, 19:35

Ormac wrote:
Fri, 6. Aug 21, 05:52
oddible wrote:

Once deconstruction is done, you also need to empty the build storage before you can delete the plot.
But yeah, it works fine!

I would like to be able to cancel station construction, but you can always just remove every modules beyond the one currently building, and just wait for it to finish. It's not a perfect solution, but it will help in most situations.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 7. Aug 21, 11:56

Ezarkal wrote:
Fri, 6. Aug 21, 19:35
Ormac wrote:
oddible wrote:

Once deconstruction is done, you also need to empty the build storage before you can delete the plot.
But yeah, it works fine!

I would like to be able to cancel station construction, but you can always just remove every modules beyond the one currently building, and just wait for it to finish. It's not a perfect solution, but it will help in most situations.
You don't have to empty build storage. Just remove all modules.
Late game when cleaning up admin stations I just delete all modules and then the plot. Because why waste time emptying the build storage when I have factories churning those things out.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 7. Aug 21, 19:09

You can't cancel a construction assignment directly. You can scare them off, though, by marking them as hostile. Be sure to turn off any turrets in the area (don't forget docked ships!) so you don't bash your reputation by shooting at it and it will leave the station. A proper option to cancel the assignment or better yet let you sell a few build drones to the ship would be nice to have, though.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Sun, 8. Aug 21, 03:51

Raptor34 wrote:
Sat, 7. Aug 21, 11:56
Ezarkal wrote:
Fri, 6. Aug 21, 19:35
Ormac wrote:

But yeah, it works fine!

You don't have to empty build storage. Just remove all modules.
Late game when cleaning up admin stations I just delete all modules and then the plot. Because why waste time emptying the build storage when I have factories churning those things out.
Ok. I thought you had to, but knowing me I probably just made a point to re-use everything, then just assume it had to be done. :D

ZodiacExplorer
x4

Post by ZodiacExplorer » Sun, 8. Aug 21, 21:20

Panos wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 14:04
b) Xenon HAVE contruction vessel, is that M size ship that transfers the goods also. It builds the station the moment all the building materials are on site.
I wish I knew this before. I was trying to clear Xenon sector, and new stations kept popping up.

Instead of killing one single M size ship I kept playing "whack a mole" for a good hour :D

RLSa
x4

Post by RLSa » Sun, 8. Aug 21, 23:22

Well, one change I would like to See is to assign traders to a Construction vessel to buy all the materials. This would be awesome. :P :idea:

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Mon, 9. Aug 21, 01:35

RLSa wrote:
Sun, 8. Aug 21, 23:22
Well, one change I would like to See is to assign traders to a Construction vessel to buy all the materials. This would be awesome. :P :idea:
Just build the smallest single piece first (like a dock). Assign a manager, then assign ships to the station.

Return to “X4: Foundations”