HQ research with Terran only resources?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

HQ research with Terran only resources?

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 23:09

Is it possible to switch HQ research to use Terran only resources?

It would be kinda detrimental if we would have to set-up commonwealth economy in order to perform research projects, especially that the HQ is originally Terran, so it should work with Terran resources.

Buzz2005
x4

Re: HQ research with Terran only resources?

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 23:41

nope, still needs commonwealth wares, maybe there is a mod
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

AdrianWir
x4

Post by AdrianWir » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 07:49

The research is carried out by Boron. He does this with familiar materials, I'd be surprised if he used Terran resources.
Laptop ASUS | Ryzen 5 3550H | 16GB RAM | Nvidia GTX1650 - X4 works fine... until you have a huge fleet and lots of stations :)

XUDB forum

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 08:13

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 23:09
Is it possible to switch HQ research to use Terran only resources?

It would be kinda detrimental if we would have to set-up commonwealth economy in order to perform research projects, especially that the HQ is originally Terran, so it should work with Terran resources.
Requiring 3 resource types to do the research? Ha :lol:

darkstar12
x4

Post by darkstar12 » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 16:12

No need to make a commonwealth economy really. Npc traders can easily fill the need if you give the HQ some Credits. And storage of course
And so it Begins.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 18:12

darkstar12 wrote:
Wed, 4. Aug 21, 16:12
No need to make a commonwealth economy really. Npc traders can easily fill the need if you give the HQ some Credits. And storage of course
Indeed. Except advanced electronics which are in demand, I just buy from NPC traders with 2-3 S traders doing the bits and bobs.

---------------------------
If someone reads this wanting a tip, just make sure you have a L doc, set manual storage high enough per product and at highest price and everything will be filled up swiftly. :mrgreen:

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 18:17

Why is this an issue? I complete most of the resesarch before my economy is up and running anyway. Just buy local.

Return to “X4: Foundations”