[4.1r]For old player's huge time cost the budget(Cr) given by Custom Game Start are too few

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hxsgame
x4

[4.1r]For old player's huge time cost the budget(Cr) given by Custom Game Start are too few

Post by hxsgame » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 14:31

In my opinion, go to a new game mainly to avoid the bugs… accumulated in old games …
I think this is a legitimate demand that every player whose time is precious should be satisfied.

In this way, the Custom Game Start Is a very good feature ! The new game can solve the bugs that may have accumulated in the past version.

But it seems too conservative ?

In my Save, I have
Hundreds of billions Cr.
hundreds of stations and 5-star employes.

But in Custom Game Start, There was only 125MCr given to me?
is not enough to compensate for the huge time cost.

I spent hundreds of hours to get these in the unmodified game. I really don’t want and really don’t have time to do these again.

Please consider the player’s silent time cost, Provide more budget space to closer to the save situation.
Last edited by hxsgame on Fri, 17. Sep 21, 02:27, edited 5 times in total.

kmunoz
x4

Re: [4.1r] Why the budget(Cr) given by Custom Game Start are so few?

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 16:47

hxsgame wrote:
Tue, 14. Sep 21, 14:31
Please consider the player’s silent time cost, Provide more budget space to closer to the save situation.
It's a custome game *start* not a custom game *continuation.*

You can do the un-budgeted start if you want unlimited funds. The budgeted start is meant to be like a "new game plus" feature.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 03:49

kmunoz wrote:
Tue, 14. Sep 21, 16:47

You can do the un-budgeted start if you want unlimited funds. The budgeted start is meant to be like a "new game plus" feature.

and I just don't think there is any need to try again for elements like "collecting" and "cultivating". Especially in X4, they are too time consuming.

The un-budgeted start, will be judged to use moding…

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 19:36

With 106 million budget you can get all but the ship builing modules for terran, a dirt cheap ship to fly to a station and the rest of the budget into spacefly eggs, then craft as much caviar as u can and sell it, boom buy a wharf.

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 19:56

kmunoz wrote:
Tue, 14. Sep 21, 16:47
hxsgame wrote:
Tue, 14. Sep 21, 14:31

Actually, custom game can and could be continuation, but key is that you had to load old saved game that had lot of credit, faction rank, explored, lot of ship, story plot to unlock and allowed higher stats budget start game.

I posted this on steam forum,
"I think you had to play old game start to unlock or allowed higher budget custom game start, petty cool, but had to used old save game, if old game game delete then you may had to start over. I'm not sure how or what cause budget custom game allowed higher stats or unlock higher stats.

I tested by this get someone's old save game that ton of station, hurdend of millions credit, ton of ships, higher rank with faction allied by loading game, then custom start game now unlock and allowed higher to start, but if you delete whole folder of your saved game folder, you could start over again and now that custom budget game is now back to limited again. very interesting and cool game features, if you had played game before but lost saved game, you going had to google and find old save game that unlock and allowed higher budget custom game."

If you want custom game start higher credit and along other thing, you had to play old saved game that do not had modded to unlock higher, depend how old game file doing, it's depend on maybe credit, not sure, but lot of ship, pilot's level, station, how much map had been explorer, how high rank with faction allied is and how many allied you had with them, and story plot unlocked you already passed in old save game. That's how unlock and allowed higher, but I'm don't know there is cap, or how it's work in detail, sorry, but it's work, but not sure how much you need to do in old save game to allowed higher budget and what would cap on budget custom game.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 02:10

humility925 wrote:
Thu, 16. Sep 21, 19:56

……

but I'm don't know there is cap, or how it's work in detail, sorry, but it's work, but not sure how much you need to do in old save game to allowed higher budget and what would cap on budget custom game.
There was only 125M Cr given to top. no matter
the save how long and rich.

In my opinion, the upper limit of now is not enough to compensate for the huge time cost, so that I haven't the motivation to start a new game.

to a new game mainly to avoid the bugs… accumulated in old games …
I think this is a legitimate demand that every player whose time is precious should be satisfied.

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 02:48

hxsgame wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 02:10
There was only 125M Cr given to top. no matter
You got close. My current cap is 133m

humility925
x4

Re: [4.1r]For old player's huge time cost the budget(Cr) given by Custom Game Start are too few

Post by humility925 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 04:33

hmm, maybe it's getting harder and harder, like hard cap, early soft cap then hard cap?

Galinet
x4

Re: [4.1r]For old player's huge time cost the budget(Cr) given by Custom Game Start are too few

Post by Galinet » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 05:16

I have a 128 million budget from a Spear of the Patriarch game start where i accumulated 2,767 millions. I had chosen destruction in the Paranid plot but had not delivered the desired split fleet. I had taken over Matrix #9 and #451 and was taking over some sectors in the north west. Can't remember what else since I stopped playing last year on september 14th, but do these even matter or is it just the amount of money?

Or does it parse every save files rather than just the one I saved to 4.10 format?

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 07:49

Galinet wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 05:16
I have a 128 million budget from a Spear of the Patriarch game start where i accumulated 2,767 millions. I had chosen destruction in the Paranid plot but had not delivered the desired split fleet. I had taken over Matrix #9 and #451 and was taking over some sectors in the north west. Can't remember what else since I stopped playing last year on september 14th, but do these even matter or is it just the amount of money?

Or does it parse every save files rather than just the one I saved to 4.10 format?
You can look into spoiler and discover how it work to unlock, not just credit but along other thing, but however, one credit do not unlock everything, as personal wealth or personal value worthly may linked to unlock credit, but not other thing, personal crew level allowed is link to how many crew and level of crew you had may unlock those number, so go on. Spoiler alarm.
viewtopic.php?f=182&t=442066

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 16:13

There are only a few things in-game i would consider "valuable"

- skilled captains/managers (4+)
- ship modifications
- to a lesser degree; station construction times (if you love huge complexes)
- persistant "statistics"

i think the custom game start budget is pretty fair, it's a nice boost for a fresh start, i used to think i wanted to restart with the 100 B+ bank-account i have right now, but that'd be more of a sandbox kind of thing, this doesn't seem like a new game+ kind of deal either though. :|
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 21:17

When having a look at the options for the custom gamestart you have to consider exploits of the past versions in comparison to whatever Egosoft planned for their online services / competition. While I would totally agree with you for a complete singleplayer game, there will be online features more advanced to what we had in the past.
Keep in mind that through the versions there were some pretty exploitable things like Advanced Sat Trading and really unbalanced wharfs which lead to billions in way less time then now achievable. If new game start more or less scales infinitively, there is a certain gap between for example v1.0 games and games started with 4.x

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 21:37

125M is a lot to start with. Pretty much instant 25M/hour or more.

Treycore

Post by Treycore » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 21:43

What’s the point in playing if you already have everything?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 21:50

Treycore wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 21:43
It depends on what you want to achieve by playing. Since X4 does not have multiplayer there will be a finite amount of time you can spend on it before you have done everything you want to do. New DLCs, patches and even third party mods add more content but ultimately that is the what will limit how much time can be spent based on what you choose to achieve. If all you want to do is get all achievements, then once you have them there is no point in playing anymore, at least until more are added (usually every DLC). You could also challenge yourself and do playthroughs such as supporting HOP to global domination against the unbelievers, or TER only to destroy or control the common wealth, the choice is really up to you. If you get bored with vanilla there are also third party total overhaul mods like VRO you can try which offer new views and experiences.

Treycore

Post by Treycore » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 22:45

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 21:50
Treycore wrote:
It depends on what you want to achieve by playing. Since X4 does not have multiplayer there will be a finite amount of time you can spend on it before you have done everything you want to do. New DLCs, patches and even third party mods add more content but ultimately that is the what will limit how much time can be spent based on what you choose to achieve. If all you want to do is get all achievements, then once you have them there is no point in playing anymore, at least until more are added (usually every DLC). You could also challenge yourself and do playthroughs such as supporting HOP to global domination against the unbelievers, or TER only to destroy or control the common wealth, the choice is really up to you. If you get bored with vanilla there are also third party total overhaul mods like VRO you can try which offer new views and experiences.
Which is why I’m playing devils advocate and saying why would you want to start the game with everything? You can play a mod for that

Don’t get me wrong… it’s fun rolling up with a massive fleet and curbstomping the AI the first few times but ultimately the main part of the game is the build up to the point of where you can challenge the AI or getting closer to your personal goals

The most fun I’ve had in any game are games where things don’t go as planned or I’m facing a setback and clawing my way back

It just seems more and more like the X4 community is just an exodus of the same miners that I used to gank in Eve online, it’s the same mindset of “I just want to go afk and accumulate credits”

I run the parallel to eve because, credit generation without risk is just boring/unhealthy gameplay and the way the economy is setup, destruction and loss are paramount to a healthy economy

You can already have a peaceful run by setting up in Silent Witness, nopileos fortune, heretics end, or even empire space, if that’s your jam but the economy needs to move whether that’s through player actions or NPC’s moving the market (which is mainly destruction)

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 00:56

Treycore wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 22:45
Which is why I’m playing devils advocate and saying why would you want to start the game with everything? You can play a mod for that
For ventures when they come back. Also it allows you to customise how your character looks as it can produce unmodified saves.

sh4l0m

Post by sh4l0m » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 02:49

Imperial Good wrote:
Treycore wrote:

No it doesn't. For some players the fact of being limited and expanding those limitations is the raison d'joue, it's quite facile, but for such players access to (virtually) unlimited resources in itself makes the process feel pointless.

This phenomenon did not suddenly appear with the invention of steam achievements, indeed steam achievements are an attempt at mitigating such ennui by 'imposing' new limitations & goals within those limitations.
It is, basically, just not true to say that giving players more options is better, because some of those options negatively impact the playing experience of players who, essentially, need a sense of being limited (by external forces eg environment/devs) to feel that playing is worthwhile.

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 04:39

Imperial Good wrote:
……
You could also challenge yourself and do playthroughs such as supporting HOP to global domination against the unbelievers, or TER only to destroy or control the common wealth, the choice is really up to you. If you get bored with vanilla there are also third party total overhaul mods like VRO you can try which offer new views and experiences.
Yes!

I think it is much more enjoyable to operate/play these elements than to get them, just like programming languages and programing, or bricks and building.

As far as I am concerned, I don't think getting the element is the meaning of the this game.

So I hope to collect them once, and then I can start flying my imagination by them at will.

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 04:42

Treycore wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 22:45

Which is why I’m playing devils advocate and saying why would you want to start the game with everything?
It is not everything…
It is begining, it's bricks.

Return to “X4: Foundations”