Dose cargo ship & miner need hire service crew and marine?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KOUSHUIHAN
x4

Dose cargo ship & miner need hire service crew and marine?

Post by KOUSHUIHAN » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 05:37

is that necessary or waste credits? :? :? :?

Falcrack
x4

Re: Dose cargo ship & miner need hire service crew and marine?

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 06:16

Miners definitely can benefit from service crew. Skilled crew will increase the speed they mine.

Not sure what benefit they are to cargo ships beyond repair. Maybe increased responsiveness, maybe faster load/unload times, maybe quicker at finding trade deals, I'm not sure, and the game certainly won't spell out the details. Even the devs seem deliberately silent on this topic, like they think it will spoil the magic or some nonsense if we knew the exact details of how skilled crew help trade ships.

But they do not need to be marines unless you plan to use them for boarding, and even then just keep them as service crew until you need them for boarding ops.

KOUSHUIHAN
x4

Post by KOUSHUIHAN » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 11:30

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 06:16
Miners definitely can benefit from service crew. Skilled crew will increase the speed they mine.

Not sure what benefit they are to cargo ships beyond repair. Maybe increased responsiveness, maybe faster load/unload times, maybe quicker at finding trade deals, I'm not sure, and the game certainly won't spell out the details. Even the devs seem deliberately silent on this topic, like they think it will spoil the magic or some nonsense if we knew the exact details of how skilled crew help trade ships.

But they do not need to be marines unless you plan to use them for boarding, and even then just keep them as service crew until you need them for boarding ops.
Thank you Creature, I tried, it seems like ships with service crews response more faster.

Galinet
x4

Post by Galinet » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 12:39

There was a reply (moderator or dev) giving some information on crews: service crew give a boost to the ship`s performance while marines are used for boarding.

NPC ships will not try to board our ships so marines are only needed when we want one of our ship to board other ships. So most of our ships should be using service crews. But how many? That I have not see a reply to.

Return to “X4: Foundations”