Player HQ throwing out resources?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

major_debrisfield
x4

Player HQ throwing out resources?

Post by major_debrisfield » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 22:20

I am currently trying to research one of the teleportation techs. At the moment, some resources are still missing and I left some traders and as much money as it said was required back at the HQ in the hopes that things would sort themselves out.

Now, gathering the resources took some time, but I was following the odd plot mission and not paying much attention, since the previous research missions worked out alright after a while. Every now and then the HQ was requesting more money. I assumed the reason for that was changing prices or whatever, but then I noticed that resources seemed to disappear from the HQ storage. I double checked and I'm not even at half capacity for container storage. Also, there are no selling contracts going on.

Then at one point I looked back at the HQ and noticed the resources in question flying around in space... How does that happen? Does my manager just space resources for fun when she's bored? Is there something I can do to prevent this? This behaviour is quite annoying and already cost me a couple million credits.

I'm thinking about removing the resources from the station completely and parking them in freighters until I got everything together. But that would require quite a bit of micro managing and standing guard, which I wanted to avoid. Also I don't know if those freighters would also space their cargo if left to their own devices. So what are the mechanics behind that?

xant
x4

Re: Player HQ throwing out resources?

Post by xant » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 22:26

It was a pirate ship (SCA faction) that flew close to your station and hacked it, prompting it to release a percentage of the stored goods. They do this to all stations, you can do the same if you want.

And before you ask: no, there's no way to prevent that aside from giving manual orders to attack a specific pirate ship.

Our (at least my) hope is that with the next expansion something will be done about it. The chances are good, as the expansion is centred around piracy.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 23:32

xant wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 22:26
It was a pirate ship (SCA faction) that flew close to your station and hacked it, prompting it to release a percentage of the stored goods. They do this to all stations, you can do the same if you want.

And before you ask: no, there's no way to prevent that aside from giving manual orders to attack a specific pirate ship.

Our (at least my) hope is that with the next expansion something will be done about it. The chances are good, as the expansion is centred around piracy.
There is a way to stop SCA from doing this but he would need to gather lots of materials at hq first :) Just park some destroyers next to hq and deal with SCA.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 11:04

rene6740 wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 23:32
There is a way to stop SCA from doing this but he would need to gather lots of materials at hq first :) Just park some destroyers next to hq and deal with SCA.
I'm not giving advise that is expensive and still prone to failure.

Of course you can make a ring of destroyers around every base, filling them with expensive goods as bait, set their behavior to (attack) when met with pirates and then hope that the pirates will bite.

But as I already mentioned, it requires a serious investment to do so and may still not work. It costs less to overproduce and take the loss.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 15:10

xant wrote:
Sun, 19. Sep 21, 11:04
rene6740 wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 23:32
I'm not giving advise that is expensive and still prone to failure.

Of course you can make a ring of destroyers around every base, filling them with expensive goods as bait, set their behavior to (attack) when met with pirates and then hope that the pirates will bite.

But as I already mentioned, it requires a serious investment to do so and may still not work. It costs less to overproduce and take the loss.
Getting a destroyer costs time and a few marines. Nothing overly expensive though.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 16:48

rene6740 wrote:
Sun, 19. Sep 21, 15:10
Getting a destroyer costs time and a few marines. Nothing overly expensive though.

Getting one is easy, but getting 4 or 5 per station? Pirates don't always come from the same direction, so you need more than one ship to build up a tight enough security ring.

"But for me that's easy!" - yes, exactly. For you it's easy.

However, I don't always assume that everyone is highly experienced and has no problems boarding dozens of destroyers. Those players usually know that the SCA terraforming project solves the piracy issue forever.

major_debrisfield
x4

Post by major_debrisfield » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 20:32

Ah, thanks for the replies. At least I know what's going on.

The-Gizmo2
x4

Post by The-Gizmo2 » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 23:25

Sometimes I store resources in the build storage instead, since I don't think they're capable of hacking that... at least I've never seen them do it.

Return to “X4: Foundations”