Why dose it say moded.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Staur106
x4

Why dose it say moded.

Post by Staur106 » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 06:02

Hello, wen the new update came out i made a fresh Costom start Game whith Terrans i made sure i did not take anything that said moded in the Selecton but it says the game is moded, but not on Main menu. Is this ment to be like that or did i do something wrong? :p

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Why dose it say moded.

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 06:38

It means the save has been run with a "modified" X4 application at some stage.

After updating I experienced a strange bug where X4 would randomly modify itself during play. It would start up as unmodified, then during play randomly change to modified, after which saving would cause the save to be marked as modified. After turning off steam workshop folder and resetting addons to default in settings it seems to have fixed the problem as I have not encountered it again since.

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 07:11

Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 19. Sep 21, 06:38
It means the save has been run with a "modified" X4 application at some stage.

After updating I experienced a strange bug where X4 would randomly modify itself during play. It would start up as unmodified, then during play randomly change to modified, after which saving would cause the save to be marked as modified. After turning off steam workshop folder and resetting addons to default in settings it seems to have fixed the problem as I have not encountered it again since.
i see i will try that out but i dont use mods so :p

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 16:17

Staur106 wrote:
Sun, 19. Sep 21, 07:11
i see i will try that out but i dont use mods so
Neither do I. I never installed one even yet that still happened to me.

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 17:08

Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 19. Sep 21, 16:17
Staur106 wrote:
Sun, 19. Sep 21, 07:11
i see i will try that out but i dont use mods so
Neither do I. I never installed one even yet that still happened to me.
Did not change anything for me, oh well no online venture in game yet so i will just make a new start wen it is relesed, thanks for trying to help and have a Great X4 day, Show Xenon that we are not Scared of them hah.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 17:28

Staur106 wrote:
Sun, 19. Sep 21, 17:08
Did not change anything for me
In my case it stopped the application becoming modified during play. Logically it cannot unmodify a modified save. For that you need to revert to playing an older save that was not tainted by modification.

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 23:09

I had happen to me, I don't install mod or anything, and find strange, but for some reason, x4 turn back on on steam workshop download, I recall I did turn off, but now I ensure to play this game with steam offline, I don't know it's steam or x4 mess up this way, but very luckly it's only happen I find out with 20 min lost of play and not longer. Yes, there is odd bug that turn it back on.

Be sure turn off steam workshop download, after all it's useless if you want go unmodified save game, that I do normal, and I make sure steam offline for this game now, to ensure, so far, no strange bug trying turn back on, or sneaking come up and said save game modified, that would make me not happy about it if long, long hours only disocover I can't unlock budget custom gamestart due modified save files. (I see and exam of budget custom gamestart for fun)

avoid steam save cloud, be sure ensure steam offline when you playing x4 foundations, to be safe.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 09:21

I made a report here.

In my experience so far it has only happened while I am flying and fighting using an L destroyer like Osaka or Syn. It does not have anything to do with the save games being modified, since they are not and will load as not modified (no modified tag visible) as long as they were made before X4 randomly modifies itself.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 10:34

Have you guys thought that actually starting the Custom Editor not as Budgeted but as Creative it means that the game is moded? Or that even using the Budgeted one there are things in there that can make a game moded, especially where storylines are involved and High Mass Teleportation. I can understand the frustration the player has when offered too little in the Budgeted mode, mainly because the amount in that is dependent in what one has achieved during vanilla games so far.

That said, and for those interested there is a "workaround" for that:
Spoiler
Show
You can always find a "big" vanilla save game with lots of achievements and money, not your own explicitly, if you know (or guess) where to find one. If you load it and save then whatever was in that game counts in your own Budgeted Game Editor

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 11:44

It is also possible that even playing vanilla playthroughs X4 spontaneously becomes modified during gameplay, without warning. As such you might start something vanilla or custom that does not count as modified, but if you are not careful and do not check if X4 has modified itself before saving you can end up overwriting the save with a modified save.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 17:35

Starting the Custom Creative game start seems to always result in 'modified'. I've tried several such starts, with and without mods, and it's always shown as modified.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 17:38

Yes, that's the point of Custom Creative. It allows you to start without most of the restrictions of the Budgeted Creative gamestart, but marks your game as modified because you can have pretty much whatever you want.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 17:42

Does that also mean no tech support or ventures for those who are using a built-in game feature? Seems to me tagging it as 'Custom' would've been a better, and less confusing, way.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 18:35

Earlier game (X3AP) describes its 'Custom Game' start:
"This starts a ***modified*** game. All storylines are disabled."

'Custom', 'Custom Creative', or 'Custom Game' ... tag should not matter if there is good description.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 18:51

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 17:38
Yes, that's the point of Custom Creative. It allows you to start without most of the restrictions of the Budgeted Creative gamestart, but marks your game as modified because you can have pretty much whatever you want.
Ah so i guess i misunderstood it then, i'm using the costom where it is limit what i can Choose depenting on what i have done in the Game so far is that same thing aswell?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 19:26

No, that's the Budgeted Custom gamestart.

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 19:32

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 19:26
No, that's the Budgeted Custom gamestart.
Okei then there is something goin on for sure :p. Made Fresh start yesterday becouse i relised that steam workshop thing was on for some resion dunno why, and i made sure i did not take anything that said moded, and evrything was fine until the game autosaved and then it turned to moded, do you whant a save to check it out?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 19:38

If you'd like to upload one somewhere and provide a link, then go ahead. It will at least tell us whether you're doing something that would be expected to mark a save as modified or not. If not, however, then it won't tell us much about why as that's almost always caused by something external to the game.

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 19:44

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 19:38
If you'd like to upload one somewhere and provide a link, then go ahead. It will at least tell us whether you're doing something that would be expected to mark a save as modified or not. If not, however, then it won't tell us much about why as that's almost always caused by something external to the game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8u73eanmu0c0 ... ml.gz?dl=0

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 22:55

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 10:34
Have you guys thought that actually starting the Custom Editor not as Budgeted but as Creative it means that the game is moded? Or that even using the Budgeted one there are things in there that can make a game moded, especially where storylines are involved and High Mass Teleportation. I can understand the frustration the player has when offered too little in the Budgeted mode, mainly because the amount in that is dependent in what one has achieved during vanilla games so far.

That said, and for those interested there is a "workaround" for that:
Spoiler
Show
You can always find a "big" vanilla save game with lots of achievements and money, not your own explicitly, if you know (or guess) where to find one. If you load it and save then whatever was in that game counts in your own Budgeted Game Editor
i Rather do it my self, it makes it more exiteing to me wen i start over next time :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”