Recommend a mod to put Xenon back to before the nerf please

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jaskan

Re: Recommend a mod to put Xenon back to before the nerf please

Post by Jaskan » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 16:37

Mistle wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 10:33
Jaskan wrote:
Tue, 12. Oct 21, 23:00
I find an easy way to increase Xenon power is to use Ossian Raider mod.
Then in your save file, set Xenon and Ossian Raider as allies.

With Ossian Raider mod, you can control the difficulty in game by going to Terran trader sector station to update how hard Ossian raider is.
Thanks for pointing to this mod.
Trying "Xenon Rebirth" at the moment but after reading about Ossian Raider want to try it together.
Just one question , should I change save game if in mod description I saw :
- flagships mk1: invasions of Xenon R and Ossian Raider flagships - you should have some capital ships
- flagships mk3: invasions of Xenon R and Ossian Raider flagships - you should have many capital ships
Does activating it at NPC mod already activate Xenon invasion ?
What mod description did you see that line in , looks like something i could find useful. Cause as far as i know Ossian raider mod knows nothing about xenon.
These settings you mention are they in Xenon rebirth, cause i have never used xenon rebirth.

For Ossian raider you only set difficulty of Ossian raider at NPc station, not xenon alliance.

To make xenon and ossian raider allies

you need to create save file that can be edited by going into X4 settings to disable save file compression.

Then open save file in something like visual studio and search for this line using the ctrl f <faction id="ossianraider
in that area is whre you need to set Ossian raider xenon relations to a number between 0 and 1. negative numbers is for enemies max -1.
I have it set to 0.8.

And you have to set the same for xenon at <faction id="xenon">.

When your game starts Xenon and Ossian will be allies.

And it might be worth your while getting dynamic wars mod, this allows you to set the relationship between factions including ossian raider.
Howver you need to remove the locked relations of ossian raider in save file. Some factions have lock on thier relations, it looks like this in save file
<relations locked="1">, change to <relations>.

At time you may find you want to help xenon without increasing the power of Ossian raider, thats when i use the cheat menu to add supplies to xenon Ship yards, but i dont like to help npc build small ships, just causes mire fps loss, so i help shipyards more than waf.

As last resort i use cheat menu to add ships for factions at a specific location, example i add ships for xenon at gates if they loosing too much. and i dont want to increase ossian raider power.

With Ossian Raider, Cheat menu , and Dynamic wars, you got a lot of control on game difficulty and dynamics of faction relations.

If you really want xenon to be most powerful become xenon allie , so that you can build them Shipyards with a very large amount of storage, then set that storage to full
using cheat menu, and xenon will be rolling out ships forver taking sectors, and when you want to slow them down just stop adding to thier storage.
The reason am not too kin on this method is cause being Xenon allie means i need more complex trade restrictions to separate trade with xenon from trade with other factions , and also fire overrides on ships etc. That's why i try to help the enemy factions without actually becoming an allie.

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 20:36

Thanks for explaining everything in details.
The description which I found about Ossian Raiders was here https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/311
This is why I thought that changing save file won't be necessary, but for sure I'm not an expert from mods, playing vanilla game :)

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 22:10

Afaik it is a VRO + ROR, I played in summer 2020. Of course both raiders and xenons were mey ennemies.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... rbox=false

Regulary raiders launch an attack, a purge on a sector, devastating on the way all sectors they cross. Day 2 they sacked my main base. I moved the remnant of my possessions in the free families sector and rebuilded.

Xenon acted as opportunist predators, conquering hopeless sectors after the passage of the raiders.

Raiders targets are random. With time, often it fall on a xenons sectors of course.

Game was harder in 3.xx because L and XL ships had to slowly pass throught gate one by one. Like Raiders home world was severly guarded, battleships you sent there where simply cut in pieces before the second battleship arrive ect ...

There is, for my game style, few interest to play ROR, with ROR as friend.
In my opinion there is also few interest to see xenons stronger if it is to side with them.

However the goal of a game is to have fun, and if peoples find their way in the game like that. I can only say go go go.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Thu, 14. Oct 21, 15:04

Mistle wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 20:36
Thanks for explaining everything in details.
The description which I found about Ossian Raiders was here https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/311
This is why I thought that changing save file won't be necessary, but for sure I'm not an expert from mods, playing vanilla game :)
Will do you a great deal of good to use steam as your first choice for mod, its far easier to manage. Ossian radar is on steam workshop.
As your extensions folder gets bloated having mods on steam works out better for maintenance, example you get automatic updates to mods.

Return to “X4: Foundations”