Unknown Patches

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Slashman
x4

Unknown Patches

Post by Slashman » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 01:02

Hey folks,

Can someone tell me what these patches or hotfixes are that have been downloading over the past few days? I don't see a changelog for them. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Unknown Patches

Post by CBJ » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 01:24

We have not uploaded anything since 4.10 last Monday.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 02:36

Well here is what I've been getting.

Not sure what they are...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QIdMwn ... sp=sharing

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 03:35

It's mostly steam's issues, I had those on and off, I kind of don't trust steam to mess my saved game, there was time I am playing, always no mod and did had turn off steam workshop download, but for some reason it's turn on itself and cause my saved game become modified, I wasn't happy but did load older save game luckly but I did start over again clean save game with no steam save cloud and play this game with steam offline, no online to mess up with my saved game. So far, no save game become modified out of nowhere meanwhile some how game itself turn steam workshop turn back on when it's should be off. s

I just play offline x4 foundations while on steam offline to ensure no sneaking mess with save file become modified unauthorized.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 11:05

Yes, that's probably just Steam doing a bit of admin of their games - it happens now and again such as after they have updated their client software.

I play online with Steam and have done so for decades through many such Steam updates. The only time I had a modified save that shouldn't have been is when the gas hob igniter in the kitchen next door to my system was used during a save process and the electrical noise corrupted the save. Still, I haven't used Steam Workshop/Cloud so I can't comment on what issues they could introduce.

Note, there *may* be a new unexpected modified issue unrelated to Steam appearing since 4.10 so watch this thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 14:11

Hmmm...well I don't think my save had been moddified but I will double check when I get home.

Just wanted to be sure that Egosoft hadn't issued any hotfixes. Thanks for all the input.

Return to “X4: Foundations”