Auxiliary ship trade subs

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shadowofpeace
x4

Auxiliary ship trade subs

Post by Shadowofpeace » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 01:09

When ever my Auxiliary ship enters combat my M or S class Trade subs enter combat, it is dangerous to there health, I recommend adding a another globe order so you can set based on class and size in regards to both combat behavior and pirate attacks.
Palidor86

Treycore

Re: Auxiliary ship trade subs

Post by Treycore » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 06:07

Yeah I’d love for the trade ships assigned to the AUX to just dock when not in use

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 07:18

Treycore wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 06:07
Yeah I’d love for the trade ships assigned to the AUX to just dock when not in use
And fill hangar of AUX? Where ships to repair supposed to dock?

Treycore

Post by Treycore » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 08:40

S!rAssassin wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 07:18
Treycore wrote:
Ships can go into storage on the ship…… When you see a ship getting pulled into a landing pad, that’s the ship going into storage and it’ll come out when it will be used

Plus you only need 1-2 trade ships

Shadowofpeace
x4

Post by Shadowofpeace » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 13:39

Treycore wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 08:40
S!rAssassin wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 07:18
Treycore wrote:
Ships can go into storage on the ship…… When you see a ship getting pulled into a landing pad, that’s the ship going into storage and it’ll come out when it will be used

Plus you only need 1-2 trade ships
Yes I understand what you are say, can set trade ships to docked mode but will not auto trade and will only trade when manually told to which defeated the reason you assign them to the aux ship in the first place.
Palidor86

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 15:02

When I’m on a campaign I tend to use two fleets. The first is my primary fleet, carrier, fighters, destroyers etc. This fleet does the heavy lifting in the battle while the carrier and aux ship does the rearm/repair part.

The other fleet is my logistics fleet that contains another aux ship, traders and some fighter support for cover. This fleet stays out of harms way.

As the battle progresses, the aux ship in the primary fleet will eventually run out out of resources at which point I’ll swap with the fully stocked one from the logistics group and move the “empty” aux ship into the logistics group so the freighters can do their stuff.

It seems to work ok for me though it needs a bit of active management from the player, which can be tricky if the campaign gets complicated and you’re managing multiple targets.

Not saying you should play as I do, just giving you a few ideas to ponder… :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”