"If Fighter is below X health, return to carrier"

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Digitalcat
x4

"If Fighter is below X health, return to carrier"

Post by Digitalcat » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 22:56

Is there such option? And if not can we have one? Been messing around with carriers and there are just a few things that absolutely annoy me, so far the biggest one being that when a fighter gets to a dangerous amount of health that they don't return to the carrier at all, instead they keep fighting, dying and eventually losing me a lot of creds on having to rebuild fighters.

Would love to see this as a global option, or a option for a fleet, and if it's already in the game can some one tell me where to find it? <3

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Re: "If Fighter is below X health, return to carrier"

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 23:12

The option already exists.

Try checking in global orders -> resupply -> set to high
This option is normally disabled.
This applies to all types of supply, both ships and stations.
It can also be configured individually for each ship or station (from the information table the last option on the right).

The option also considers the supply of missiles, in that case low equals 10%, medium 50%, high 100% reload.

Remember, however, that if a fighter is constantly engaged in battles and never stops attacking enemies, it will never repair his damage.
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Digitalcat
x4

Post by Digitalcat » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 23:17

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Wed, 22. Sep 21, 23:12
The option already exists.

Try checking in global orders -> resupply -> set to high
This option is normally disabled.
This applies to all types of supply, both ships and stations.
It can also be configured individually for each ship or station (from the information table the last option on the right).

The option also considers the supply of missiles, in that case low equals 10%, medium 50%, high 100% reload.

Remember, however, that if a fighter is constantly engaged in battles and never stops attacking enemies, it will never repair his damage.
I knew the resupply option existed but I meant like, even during combat, that they automatically break off when they get too low on health to get repairs and then launch back out to fight again when fully repaired, fighters literally crumble during station fights and carrier combat could be easily improved by making the fighters fall back to the carrier they came from when during low health to ensure a constant fighter barrage, instead of a onetime swarm that can't figure out it's time to leave when half their craft is falling apart.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 23:40

Unfortunately, that's how it works for the moment.

Fighters "do hull check" when they stop fighting and return to formation and do not stop fighting if their hull goes down during battle.

What I do is pause the game, select the struggling fighter, remove the attack command, use the escape command and remove pause.
Unless it comes back to fight again, it should automatically go for repairs
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Digitalcat
x4

Post by Digitalcat » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 23:51

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Wed, 22. Sep 21, 23:40
Unfortunately, that's how it works for the moment.

Fighters "do hull check" when they stop fighting and return to formation and do not stop fighting if their hull goes down during battle.

What I do is pause the game, select the struggling fighter, remove the attack command, use the escape command and remove pause.
Unless it comes back to fight again, it should automatically go for repairs
Darn I love this game, always have even since launch, but this game seriously has QoL issues, even several years after its release. I hope they address this, not only this, but many things pertaining to the UI and functions that could use some QoL updates.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 00:18

Yes, we often ask QoL and slowly the devs are listening to us :wink:
But it takes time to refine this kind of thing.
The elements involved are many and it is not easy to manage them :P
HW Spec:
My X4 Steam screenshots.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 00:38

This sort of thing would need to be done quite carefully. Not sure I'd want a simple system where fighters automatically return to the carrier as soon as their hull is at a particular level. Would really want them to finish whatever enemies they were fighting first, then return. Thinking in particular of my current Terran game. Practically every fighter in the game can fly faster than the ones I'm using (they have really strong shielding instead). If they were to just break off the attack while there are still hostiles shooting at them they're dead, simple as that - they can't outrun the enemy, so they'd be taking constant damage all the way back to the carrier. Suspect I'd lose a lot more of them than I do currently if they suddenly started ignoring enemies just because their hull was getting a bit low.

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 00:42

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 00:38
This sort of thing would need to be done quite carefully. Not sure I'd want a simple system where fighters automatically return to the carrier as soon as their hull is at a particular level. Would really want them to finish whatever enemies they were fighting first, then return. Thinking in particular of my current Terran game. Practically every fighter in the game can fly faster than the ones I'm using (they have really strong shielding instead). If they were to just break off the attack while there are still hostiles shooting at them they're dead, simple as that - they can't outrun the enemy, so they'd be taking constant damage all the way back to the carrier. Suspect I'd lose a lot more of them than I do currently if they suddenly started ignoring enemies just because their hull was getting a bit low.
Can be solved trivially with a toggle. If you use Chimeras, turn it on. If Eclipses, turn it off. I can see it existing as a global order and an override rule.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 03:46

sh1pman wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 00:42

Can be solved trivially with a toggle. If you use Chimeras, turn it on. If Eclipses, turn it off. I can see it existing as a global order and an override rule.
The good old "make it optional" option! Not a problem for anyone to implement at all...and easy on dev time and resources... :P
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Digitalcat
x4

Post by Digitalcat » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 13:36

Slashman wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 03:46
sh1pman wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 00:42

The good old "make it optional" option! Not a problem for anyone to implement at all...and easy on dev time and resources... :P
Exactly, :D

Return to “X4: Foundations”