Does the mining problem still exist or am I being dumb?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

FearMunchies
x4

Does the mining problem still exist or am I being dumb?

Post by FearMunchies » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 23:57

Hello all!

I've returned back to the game after a few months due to the bugs making the xenon too weak as a galaxy threat and the station mining bug which resulted in miners not getting the correct wares. So, with the latest patch being released, I decided to start a fresh save and start over; building a new shipyard facility in the Asteroid Belt, starting with 4 Computronic Substrate factories.

Now, I have 10 L-class miners (4 of which I assigned as Auto-Mining repeat orders) and 14 M-Class miners working in the same sector working for the single station with multiple resource probes around. Now what I've noticed is that the miners being commanded by the station are grouping up to mine together, no where near to a resource probe and bogging down, taking over a couple of hours to even fill their holds (even the M-Class) while the repeat order miners seem to be working "fine" except they too are taking a long time at roughly an hour to fill their hold. My resource probes are indicating that the zones are 2.5 / 5 stars for silicon (so average) and granted my crews are only 1-2 stars but is this sort of mining time normal that even with this many miners I STILL cannot gather enough mineral resources to adequately maintain 4 product facilities?

If it is then I fear what computer would be necessary to handle the possible hundreds of miners necessary to maintain something that could even begin to maintain a S/M fabrication wharf...

Raevyan
x4

Re: Does the mining problem still exist or am I being dumb?

Post by Raevyan » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 01:05

Yes your mining rates are normal. Silicon is pretty slow to mine if you a) don’t use high level pilot and Crew b) don’t use lots of resource probes wherever they mine c) don’t use 10 mining drones.
Also asteroid belt is a pretty bad area to mine silicon.

Treycore

Post by Treycore » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 02:42

I haven’t played with the Terran economy yet but from what I’ve read and seen, they take an absolute enormous amount of resources to operate

I forget the exact math but a 5 star pilot mining can out mine like 10 ships commanded by a 1 star or something of equivalent loadout

So pilot levels for mining are pretty huge

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 03:56

Treycore wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 02:42
I haven’t played with the Terran economy yet but from what I’ve read and seen, they take an absolute enormous amount of resources to operate

I forget the exact math but a 5 star pilot mining can out mine like 10 ships commanded by a 1 star or something of equivalent loadout

Yeah, 10 times more efficient for 5 star vs 1 star is close to what I saw:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AkeIryqhP6qUlCXLKFw ... l?e=LrW9Vo

FearMunchies
x4

Post by FearMunchies » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 09:09

Awesome! Thanks for the intel guys, guess I gotta increase my crew skills then.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 16:20

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 03:56
Treycore wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 02:42

Yeah, 10 times more efficient for 5 star vs 1 star is close to what I saw:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AkeIryqhP6qUlCXLKFw ... l?e=LrW9Vo
You can crank it up even more by adding drill mods to mining guns and turrets, about 400%+ yield on average. I switched to using teledi miners as when setup this way, they will fill their load in one cycle in OOS.

Galinet
x4

Post by Galinet » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 15:34

I have 9 Wyvern (Split large miner) fetching minerals at a pityful rate. I checked up on them and most had 0 mining drones, probably destroyed by the Khak. So they only used their mining turrets, severely slowing down.

I love the new station upkeep missions. Could use those for ships also, such as when they are damaged (although we can see via the white bar) or when their equipment has changed from what it was originally.

Return to “X4: Foundations”