X-22 Egosoft next big project

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

X-22 Egosoft next big project

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 19:59

Seem like along Ahoy pirate DLC, there is another project that received 3 times the funding of the DLC:
https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/ ... m_egosoft/

NEU Egosoft GmbH, Würselen – 941.587 Euro
X-22 / Weltraum-Simulation

Egosoft GmbH, Würselen – 381.604 Euro
X4: AHOY / Erweiterung für X4: Foundations

My bet is ,that it will be stand alone X4 expansion, like what X3TC was for X3.

g04tn4d0
x4

Re: X-22 Egosoft next big project

Post by g04tn4d0 » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 20:28

Instant purchase decision, of course.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 21:08

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 7. Oct 21, 19:59
Seem like along Ahoy pirate DLC, there is another project that received 3 times the funding of the DLC:
https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/ ... m_egosoft/

NEU Egosoft GmbH, Würselen – 941.587 Euro
X-22 / Weltraum-Simulation

Egosoft GmbH, Würselen – 381.604 Euro
X4: AHOY / Erweiterung für X4: Foundations

My bet is ,that it will be stand alone X4 expansion, like what X3TC was for X3.
Made a joke at the discord server saying that probably went into comma for decades and woke up seeing X22 been announced and missing X5-X21 :lol:

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 09:57

Worth to note its called X-22, not X22. The only official X game with a dash in its name was X-Tension, which will be 22 years old next year and was a standalone expansion. Also 2+2 is 4. Coincidence? I think not!

We will get a TC/AP like standalone expansion for X4 next year.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 10:01

Pares wrote:
Fri, 8. Oct 21, 09:57
Worth to note its called X-22, not X22. The only official X game with a dash in its name was X-Tension, which will be 22 years old next year and was a standalone expansion. Also 2+2 is 4. Coincidence? I think not!

We will get a TC/AP like standalone expansion for X4 next year.
YAY!!!!!!! More bugs to fight!!!! Most probably it will be the Ventures version...

P.S. Not going to pre order... once is (more than) enough....

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 11:37

My biggest beefs with current state of X4 are:
- many copy/paste stats across ships and equipment (like medium turrets)
- bare bone station interiors (only one sculpture of Teladi Falcon, one hologram of Argon Nova, everyone use the same single Argon office, while elevator corridor has racial wallpaper)
- no easy way to mass switch captain/pilots (I can mass train them at HQ, but then have to move them one by one?).
- missile logistic (and Auxilary ships logistic) is very tedious and kept me away from using missiles.
- placeholder factions of ALI and SCA - they really look unfinished.
- both Xenon and Khaak could use more ships types.
- NPC faction fleet composition is really crappy, like no one other than Terrans know how to use carriers, all other are just destroyer spam that gets really boring.
- for empire building, to avoid having 1000+ module behemoth stations, I'd like to have XL modules for many things, like habitats, storage, smartchips etc.
- for sake of completion, Borons is a must.
- proper NPC pirate economy (like stealing ships and cargo increase pirate budget and they buy ships frm that budget).
- more deployales, like more drone types (X-Rebirth had many drone types) and lasertower.
- working minefields (like working both IS and OOS).

If it require a new game to solve these, then be it.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 14:28

I think Boronen require € 1 million to design and that's not a joke 😋
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 16:18

How about a X game released in 2022, so X-22.

Another DLC? A standalone expansion? An X4-VR? A "complete edition" which includes all DLCs?

I guess we'll know when we'll know anyway. For now, my expectations are more on the pirate DLC.

And even if it's only a temporary name, I think "X4 - Ahoy!" sounds rad. :)
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 16:22

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 8. Oct 21, 11:37
- bare bone station interiors (only one sculpture of Teladi Falcon, one hologram of Argon Nova, everyone use the same single Argon office, while elevator corridor has racial wallpaper)
- no easy way to mass switch captain/pilots (I can mass train them at HQ, but then have to move them one by one?).
- missile logistic (and Auxilary ships logistic) is very tedious and kept me away from using missiles.
- NPC faction fleet composition is really crappy, like no one other than Terrans know how to use carriers, all other are just destroyer spam that gets really boring.
- for empire building, to avoid having 1000+ module behemoth stations, I'd like to have XL modules for many things, like habitats, storage, smartchips etc.
- proper NPC pirate economy (like stealing ships and cargo increase pirate budget and they buy ships frm that budget).
- more deployales, like more drone types (X-Rebirth had many drone types) and lasertower.

That's a pretty good list!

But let's be honest here... if we had XL station modules, we'd still build 1000+ module behemoth stations, but with XL modules. :D
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 18:38

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Fri, 8. Oct 21, 14:28
It sounds quite a lot but the "joke" is in the way Egosoft is seeing them and (maybe?) trying to implement them. Anyhow I don't see the engine mechanics able to support another faction. Already most systems suffer with the existing ones mid game and after. Change in game mechanics would mean a new game and no save compatibility, so maybe that's what X-22 is going to be I wouldn't hold my breath though...

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 18:38

Ezarkal wrote:
Fri, 8. Oct 21, 16:22
But let's be honest here... if we had XL station modules, we'd still build 1000+ module behemoth stations, but with XL modules. :D
Not really, unless the terraforming is involved I felt no need to have huge stations.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 18:55

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 8. Oct 21, 18:38
Ezarkal wrote:
Fri, 8. Oct 21, 16:22
Not really, unless the terraforming is involved I felt no need to have huge stations.
The problem is not the storage capacity as you point in your post IMHO, the problem of creating mega complexes lies with small productivity of production modules. Example: You need 2 Microchip production modules to feed 1 Claytronics and you need at least 3 Claytronics (therefore also 6 Microchip for a total of 9) to have any meaningful production to help you with your building...

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 19:24

mr.WHO wrote:
You are the one making the decision to build 1000+ module mega complex. This is a bad habit brought forward by many X3 players.

X4 simulated economy is working perfectly well with single product multi-station cluster using freighters to move goods between stations.
You can build 10+ times faster the production line needed compared to a single mega complex which either takes dozens of hours to be build or have to use SETA for hours.

Also multi-station production (single product per station maybe EC on some) scales perfectly well with habitats as you can improve efficiency only on stations (specific product, yard) you need the habitat, not on all of them which would require 100+ habitats to fill up all job vacancies.

And especially post 4.00 with the Repeat Order and Mimic, we are not limited by the managers skill level. We can move goods across the whole map if we want to make long supply lines.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 20:42

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 8. Oct 21, 18:38
-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Fri, 8. Oct 21, 14:28
It sounds quite a lot but the "joke" is in the way Egosoft is seeing them and (maybe?) trying to implement them. Anyhow I don't see the engine mechanics able to support another faction. Already most systems suffer with the existing ones mid game and after. Change in game mechanics would mean a new game and no save compatibility, so maybe that's what X-22 is going to be I wouldn't hold my breath though...
Very likely, in fact I also think that the development of a new chapter as it was for X3TC is the optimal solution. We hope to have some good news "soon".
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 23:01

X-22 will most likely be the console port.

On a joke side: they should really start to fix X4 faster than a 6 month patch cycle that introduces a whole lot of other issues.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 23:02

mr.WHO wrote:

In all honesty a new game isn’t the best solution. That would basically mean played another full priced beta game that was released way to early and have to pay for the fixes.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 23:35

Obviously it's for a flight simulator for the X-22 aircraft :D

But to be serious :
Well, If I rememberr correctly they said at one point that there won't be any sequel to X4 for quite a while (if any) but instead they'd focus on improving and expanding X4.
To be perfectly honest, i'm not that keen on a standalone expansion, as it splits the game and focus in two, most likely resulting in one or the other being abandoned by the community (and the devs).
I'd much rather have constant additions and improvements for X4. That's why I hope its for a big X4 expansion, perhaps Borons.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 01:24

Could also be the DLC for X4 in 2022 as it seems they are aiming for 1 year cycles atm (based on the last 2 DLCs). It is also a commercial project that full edition owners will not automatically get which might be why it obtained funding. It could also be another round of funding for the next speculated pirate DLC, just under another name due to changes in direction after the first round of funding. It could even be a port of X4 to other systems like MacOS, PS5 or Xbox Series as all those are more than capable of running X4 from a hardware perspective. It may even just be a X4 3D, similar to how there was an XR 3D.

Hopefully it allows Egosoft to expand their team and create more or better content than previously possible. It might also never materialise into a full product with elements being recycled, as it often the case with games (project Titan at Blizzard ending up with pieces put into Overwatch). We will have to wait and see.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 03:49

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 9. Oct 21, 01:24
Could also be the DLC for X4 in 2022 as it seems they are aiming for 1 year cycles atm (based on the last 2 DLCs). It is also a commercial project that full edition owners will not automatically get which might be why it obtained funding. It could also be another round of funding for the next speculated pirate DLC, just under another name due to changes in direction after the first round of funding. It could even be a port of X4 to other systems like MacOS, PS5 or Xbox Series as all those are more than capable of running X4 from a hardware perspective. It may even just be a X4 3D, similar to how there was an XR 3D.

Hopefully it allows Egosoft to expand their team and create more or better content than previously possible. It might also never materialise into a full product with elements being recycled, as it often the case with games (project Titan at Blizzard ending up with pieces put into Overwatch). We will have to wait and see.
If there is a Xbox X series port, means API change to DX12. Which also means optimised code for Zen2/3 and AMD GPU.
Shall this happens, I believe PC users need the option to switch to that version, because current engine is really bad on AMD GPUs. Comparable AMD-NV GPUs and the latter is 40% faster or more. Something that shouldn't be happening and affects RDNA1/2 and Vega.

And is not Windows drivers issue only because I am using Linux too having 3 drivers (MESA, AMDVLK, AMDPro) showing similar perf levels with Windows 10 with SAM/BAR activated too.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 07:31

Panos wrote:
Sat, 9. Oct 21, 03:49
Which also means optimised code for Zen2/3 and AMD GPU.
Shall this happens, I believe PC users need the option to switch to that version, because current engine is really bad on AMD GPUs. Comparable AMD-NV GPUs and the latter is 40% faster or more. Something that shouldn't be happening and affects RDNA1/2 and Vega.
The code runs pretty well on Zen2/3 CPUs already if benchmarks are to go by. AMD GPUs have other issues, not related to Vulkan being used (AMD optimises for both Vulkan and D3D12).

Return to “X4: Foundations”