X4: Tides of Avarice - Egosoft reveals next chapter of X4 space saga

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Re: X4: Tides of Avarice - Egosoft reveals next chapter of X4 space saga

Post by Tamina » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 14:43

You know, the XXXXXX Id on that Minora, could be maybe that feature..

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 15:41

Tamina wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 14:43
You know, the XXXXXX Id on that Minora, could be maybe that feature..
No that was a bug which i just fixed today... stop having such eagle eyes!
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 16:13

You need a Xenon equivalent of a recycling ship.
Would make logical sense that the Xenon would use up every bit of material they could find to replicate with efficiency.
Their whole economy makes ship development more efficient, even the Terrans Economy is more efficient than the other races when it comes to mining, manufacturing raw materials and high tech/ship building.
To the Xenon, raw material is raw material, who cares if there are corpses floating around inside? More material for the Xenon.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 16:14

Maybe a silly question - will the tug ships still be able to tow wrecks/cubes in low attention?

Say I find a nice wrecked ship on the radar in another sector, and I want to order my tug ship to bring it somewhere else...

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 16:25

spankahontis wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 16:13
You need a Xenon equivalent of a recycling ship.
Would make logical sense that the Xenon would use up every bit of material they could find to replicate with efficiency.
Their whole economy makes ship development more efficient, even the Terrans Economy is more efficient than the other races when it comes to mining, manufacturing raw materials and high tech/ship building.
To the Xenon, raw material is raw material, who cares if there are corpses floating around inside? More material for the Xenon.
This is a very good point. Xenon would definitely salvage.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 16:33

Xenon recycling makes sense thematically but I suspect that it won't help them much in practice, since their economy is already very direct with only collecting and no processing. I suspect that the advantage over mining to other factions might be recovering wares that are already a step or two removed from things like ore and silicon.
***modified***

Wesley Franken
x4

Post by Wesley Franken » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 23:13

Don't get me wrong, I love X4 Foundations just as much as X2. But I really miss the beautiful and mighty Boron. Will they ever come to X4?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 14:15

Wesley Franken wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 23:13
Don't get me wrong, I love X4 Foundations just as much as X2. But I really miss the beautiful and mighty Boron. Will they ever come to X4?
There is nothing confirmed so far, but Egosoft received a goverment grant to make project codename X-22.
Before that, they received grants for both Pirate DLC and Terran DLC.

X-22 grant is triple the size of Pirate DLC.

This might indicate something massive, like Boron DLC, or a new stand-alone X4 game (like X3AP is stand alone to X3R) with Borons.

This could be also something different, like X4 VR, or X-game with multiplayer, but if I had to bet my lifesavings, I'd bet on a new stand alone X4 game which will add Borons.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 15:06

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 4. Dec 21, 14:15
Wesley Franken wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 23:13
[...]
This might indicate something massive, like Boron DLC, or a new stand-alone X4 game (like X3AP is stand alone to X3R) with Borons.

This could be also something different, like X4 VR, or X-game with multiplayer, but if I had to bet my lifesavings, I'd bet on a new stand alone X4 game which will add Borons.
The government fund description says "„X-22“ (Working title) is a stand alone, new game based on the successfull X series [...]" ;)

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 15:40

Tamina wrote:
Sat, 4. Dec 21, 15:06
The government fund description says "„X-22“ (Working title) is a stand alone, new game based on the successfull X series [...]" ;)
Then my hope is X3TC analog, but with Borons as separate species/mechanics, instead of Terrans (X3TC was first attempt to make non-standard race with separate logic and economy).
Having fresh start in rder to be able to introduce Borons have a lot of sence, not having to be constrained by save-game compactibility and current X4 mechanical limitations.

X4 VR is possibility as well as X4 Multi-Player, but both are dead end:
- VR is not fun when you spend multi-hours in it and X4 is multi hour game.
- There is a huge competition with space multi-player, while single player X4 has little to none competition.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 15:42

mr.WHO wrote:
I'd bet on a new stand alone X4 game which will add Borons.
I want it to be that, a lot, but my gut feeling is that they might be separating ventures/multiplayer features into its own game. I really want it to be a standalone expansion like AP, with large changes to balance, more way to limit player power, less but more powerful ship blance (ala rebirth), with the Boron, but i' ma bit of a pessimist.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 16:04

Maybe I missed it but it never really seemed like their "multiplayer" features ever generated such a massive amount of interest they'd dedicate a game to just that? Especially when a significant portion of their users play modified games, that seems like a bit of a self inflicted shot in the foot.
***modified***

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 16:15

Axeface wrote:
Sat, 4. Dec 21, 15:42
mr.WHO wrote:
I'd bet on a new stand alone X4 game which will add Borons.
I want it to be that, a lot, but my gut feeling is that they might be separating ventures/multiplayer features into its own game. I really want it to be a standalone expansion like AP, with large changes to balance, more way to limit player power, less but more powerful ship blance (ala rebirth), with the Boron, but i' ma bit of a pessimist.
X4: Boron rescue would be very nice indeed. On the other hand, focussing on a multiplayer spinoff would be fatal for the franchise IMHO.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 16:54

While there's a new pirate faction in this DLC, I was curious if the Yaki get some spotlight on the side as well in this DLC or maybe the 5.0 patch that accomodates it?

That said, the new DLC looks great, adding extra stuff (yay salvaging) & a beautiful sector on top.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 17:00

LameFox wrote:
Sat, 4. Dec 21, 16:04
Maybe I missed it but it never really seemed like their "multiplayer" features ever generated such a massive amount of interest they'd dedicate a game to just that? Especially when a significant portion of their users play modified games, that seems like a bit of a self inflicted shot in the foot.
This one - ventures are offline for months and there isn't a single topic about "where are the ventures? Please bring them back" :D

That's why I say Multi-Player is dead end for Egosoft.

It's like AAA company trying to do yet-another Battle Royale or PvE Zombie game in already saturated market.

There is also another huge red flag for me for the games with MP - they die fast - like "Anthem" fast and it seem like this is getting accelerated.

I won't put my money for it.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 17:10

We haven't seen much about Ventures so far, we obviously can't really tell if they are good or not but I like the multiplayer approach if it means I can send ships to my friends on Steam for trading, mining or other purposes. I want to annoy some other moderators just for the sake of it. :P What I have heard so far is not that.

I hope it is an X4-2 like with X3 Reunion->TC->AP :) Who knows. We will know at some point :D

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 17:32

Tamina wrote:
Sat, 4. Dec 21, 17:10
We haven't seen much about Ventures so far, we obviously can't really tell if they are good or not but I like the multiplayer approach if it means I can send ships to my friends on Steam for trading, mining or other purposes. I want to annoy some other moderators just for the sake of it. :P What I have heard so far is not that.

I hope it is an X4-2 like with X3 Reunion->TC->AP :) Who knows. We will know at some point :D
Exactly, with the brief blip of existence it's had so far I can't imagine they would take the risk of dedicating a whole game to it. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it does make its next appearance in the next game, considering how it's kind of vanished without a trace in this one.
***modified***

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 10:07

Ventures is supposed to be coming back in this game though, isn't it?.

I hope so anyway, since it was disabled and we got word from Devs that it would be making a comeback at some point, my game has basicly been mostly biding my time until we can get random resources / paint jobs ecetera again.

The only reason I don't use community mods, and only use the in-game mods is because I don't want the game to be modified so that when Ventures does come back I can still do them.

I haven't seen anyone from Egosoft changing the plan to bring Ventures back anyway, so I really do hope all the waiting has not been for nothing and plans have not changed.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 10:25

I think it was meant to have come back, but I guess it either took a back seat to other things or suffered some sort of complication?
***modified***

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 21:05

LameFox wrote:
Sat, 4. Dec 21, 16:04
You all make very good points, i'm sure i'm wrong about that (and I hope very much that I am).

Return to “X4: Foundations”