Can miners handle multiple resources again?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

Can miners handle multiple resources again?

Post by LameFox » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 15:02

It's been a few patches since that broke, and I'm on a playthrough using mainly Terran tech. Can I safely build computronic substrate factories that do their own harvesting of ore and silicon, or is it still better to ship it out of single material resource depots?
***modified***

Xkuka
x4

Re: Can miners handle multiple resources again?

Post by Xkuka » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 20:51

As long as you have enough storage they will mine multiple resources and drop them off properly. But if one type of resorce storage is at capacity they will keep taxiing that stuff around.
In doubt i set some miners on trade and set sales acordingly so storage is balanced out at all times.
But they do a pretty good job if you have all types of raw materials in one complex and prioritize the stuff taht is low.
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

exogenesis
x4

Re: Can miners handle multiple resources again?

Post by exogenesis » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 23:36

Playing 4.2 beta, it seems possibly significantly better than it used to be,
most station miners look to be carrying a single mineral/gas resource (but some still have two).
Overall not getting station starvation of any resource,
the improvement might have been earlier - in 4.10 though.

Return to “X4: Foundations”