Can't get rid of Modified flag???

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oddible
x4

Can't get rid of Modified flag???

Post by oddible » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 01:23

Heya, I have a save game that I played from a fresh install completely unmodified - it never had the modified flag. I then added some mods and started a new game and played for a while - all modified. Now I want to go back and play that old unmodified save but I can't figure out how to get rid of the modified flag. Some things to note:

1) The modified flag shows up BEFORE I've even loaded a game, from the menu at the start.
2) In the extensions menu everything is set to No except for Cradle and Vendetta
3) I have Steam Workshop Downloads set to No, I have mods there but they're all set to No (do I have to remove all the mods will that help?)

Honestly I can't even figure out how to start a NEW unmodified game at this point. It seems that once you install a mod, any mod, even if you turn it off your install is forever marked as modified???

oddible
x4

Re: Can't get rid of Modified flag???

Post by oddible » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 01:32

Turns out that yes, I had to completely remove all folders (except cradle / vendetta) from my /extensions folder. Doesn't seem to matter whether you turn them on or off they can't be there at all. I'm back to unmodified!

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 07:09

I don't think it's meant to work that way... I have mods in there that are turned off, and they have no effect.
***modified***

AdrianWir
x4

Post by AdrianWir » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 10:09

Sometimes it works weird. I had several mods installed from steam. When I disabled mods, I was able to start a new game unmodified. But when I manually deleted those mods from the extensions folder, my unmodified save was marked as modified. There was nothing I could do about it.

It seems that the state of the extensions folder needs to be restored to the state it was in when you started the unmodified game
Laptop ASUS | Ryzen 5 3550H | 16GB RAM | Nvidia GTX1650 - X4 works fine... until you have a huge fleet and lots of stations :)

XUDB forum

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 15:47

AdrianWir wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 10:09
It seems that the state of the extensions folder needs to be restored to the state it was in when you started the unmodified game
That shouldn't be the case. If you can reproduce that you should absolutely file a bug report.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 18:07

AdrianWir wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 10:09
Sometimes it works weird. I had several mods installed from steam. When I disabled mods, I was able to start a new game unmodified. But when I manually deleted those mods from the extensions folder, my unmodified save was marked as modified. There was nothing I could do about it.

This sounds like one of your mods may have modified one of the .ini files. If that happens, removing the mods themselves may not help, but removing them through Steam would cause Steam to do a file check and replace a modified .ini file with an unmodified version. Just a thought.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 20:45

Did you restart the entire game after disabling the mods as the prompt says?

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 23:18

Tamina wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 20:45
Did you restart the entire game after disabling the mods as the prompt says?
Yep.

Return to “X4: Foundations”