Will wreck fields (pure decoration currently) be available for recycling?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cyron43
x4

Will wreck fields (pure decoration currently) be available for recycling?

Post by Cyron43 » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 18:40

Hi, yesterday I was in the "Family Nhuut" sector and found yet another field of ship wrecks. I know these are pure decorative props right now (except for the ones with loot boxes of course) but will this change once we get the 5.0 update, so we can salvage these wrecks? After I terraformed the planet for the scaleplate faction I thought now it's time to clean up this sector from junk as well.

LameFox
x4

Re: Will wreck fields (pure decoration currently) be available for recycling?

Post by LameFox » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 19:09

I suspect they won't make those able to be 'cleaned up' by salvaging, because then you're bound to see faction salvagers sweep them away whether you want it or not, and whoever designed the area clearly meant for them to be there. Personally I quite like to see them, they make a good backdrop for stations.

As for harvesting them in a renewable way like asteroids, I guess that is possible, though if salvage rewards wares that are already more highly processed than ore, a renewable field of them may be complicated to balance.
***modified***

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 20:43

In the rolling demo you can see them salvaging in an area that looks to me like one of those wreck-fields.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 21:53

Exactly @Tamina. I recognized this as well. So there's hope. :)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 09:36

IMO wreck field should work like resource fields, but with very low recovery rate, so after time the focus is shifted to actual battle wrecs.

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 09:57

If that’s true, then no matter the cost Getsu Fune will be MINE!!!

I mean, as if there wasn’t reason enough to nab this prime and unique real estate!

Although so far I’ve always been too polite to do what must be done.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 10:19

DavidGW wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 09:57

I mean, as if there wasn’t reason enough to nab this prime and unique real estate!

That's a pretty low density one isn't it? I would have thought you'd be better off in Heretic's End or one of the other Split-themed ones.
***modified***

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 10:26

LameFox wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 10:19
DavidGW wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 09:57

That's a pretty low density one isn't it? I would have thought you'd be better off in Heretic's End or one of the other Split-themed ones.
Probably, but Heretic's End has a fantastic soundtrack, and it's right next to Savage Spur, which also has a great soundtrack. Also right next to Asteroid Belt. Gets Fune will never be short of resources, although it might not be the best for successful pirates. Like, with the whole Terran armada, like right there...

For unsuccessful, stylish pirates with a death wish though, it's perfect. :lol:

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 14:09

I hope that the large currently cosmetic wreckage fields which are prepositioned in the game will have very little if any salvageable resources. Most of the salvage should come from wreckage generated by in-game dynamic events. Otherwise it is just another resource field, and salvaging would be much more uninteresting. The rationale for this could be that the wreckage fields already have been picked clean of most valuable resources already.

Either that, or make it so the wreckage in those prepositioned fields is finite in nature and does not respawn once harvested, I would be okay with that. Just don't make them infinite fields, otherwise what would be the point of bothering to salvage wreckage from battles in the game when you could just set up shop next to the wreck fields and never have to worry about salvaging wreckage from actual in-game battles?

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 14:58

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 14:09
... make it so the wreckage in those prepositioned fields is finite in nature and does not respawn once harvested...
That's my idea behind it. As I said I terraformed the scaleplate home planet but what bothers me is the huge amount of wrecks in that sector. So to make it perfect I'd like to do a major cleanup there.
As for the battle wrecks - well Xenons are history in the galaxy of my game and all factions live in peace together. There's only some Khaaks here and there and occasional NPC battles with the scaleplate faction and the fallen families. Egosoft had a great idea with the solar flare eruptions in the new sectors. This caters game states like mine. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”