Stuff I would like to do while sitting in non-captain chairs

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Insects
x4

Re: Stuff I would like to do while sitting in non-captain chairs

Post by Insects » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 13:20

Most shots miss them.
Add that they are in close proximity to their mothership or station so can use it for cover (even a Nemesis can hide amongst Teladi destroyer fins, AI isn't smart enough to select better attack angles).

Plus when it dies or near death or out of the action you just toggle to the next drone.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 14:16

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 10:01
Drones? You only have a single combat crone without shield and single pulse laser. It's bizzare, but X-Rebirth at least had a handful of drone types to control.
With ability to control drones, should be add advanced versions of drones: combat with more powerful imp.laser mk2; sabotaging drone with mines; hack drone... etc.
In Rebirth it already exist - no need mind storm.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 02:56

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:26
I dont care about controlling turrets, but I would love to be able to control drone via a VR/AR kind of function (like in Rebirth), along with adding more types of drones of course. One for scanning convieniently, one thats better at combat, etc.
Access to cargo scoop is a great idea too.

One request in general, let us activate SETA while in the seats please.

Calling a seat 'engineering' is immensely provocative, makes me wonder if the plan is to let us control repairs or something. Now that would be immense. Anything to make capital ships much tougher, survivable and unpredictable would be a huge boon (if npcs can do it too, and if crew skill matters, and maybe bring back defence officers and engineer crewmen too :) ).
The engineering console could , perhaps, allow the player to prioritize which modules get repaired first.

Return to “X4: Foundations”