[FEEDBACK]New Paranid Carrier can only carry 16 fighters? - WAI.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xWolfzx
x4

[FEEDBACK]New Paranid Carrier can only carry 16 fighters? - WAI.

Post by xWolfzx » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 10:08

I was trying to build the new Paranid Carrier and notice in the build screen that its S ship capacity is only 16 is that intended or a bug? Because 16 feel pretty low for a carrier

mr.WHO
x4

Re: New Paranid Carrier can only carry 16 fighters?

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 10:11

Same here.

I like that finally there is a difference in storage stats, but 16 is very low, especially if you compare to 100 on Spit Raptor.

Maybe it would make sence to crank up Zeus E drone capacity and make it hybrid normal/drone carrier?
That way it could have 16 fighters + lots of combat drones?

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 11:00

Intended. For reasonably quick recovery so the carrier could keep moving. Carrier has eight external S docks.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 13:02

But even destroyers have 40 S capacity! 16+8 carrier - not a carrier.

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Re: New Paranid Carrier can only carry 16 fighters? - WAI.

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 14:56

Cutting down the Carry capacity of a Carrier compared to the other Faction counterparts is the last option that should be taken.
The Fighter compliment is the Main asset of a Carrier cutting those down, while the Ship has no real offensive advantage over the competition makes it obsolete.

Or is this a precursor that the Zeus E is about to be retrofitted with 8 L Turrets and 30 extra M Turrets?
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

pittlebelge
x4

Post by pittlebelge » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:08

We've been complaining since 1.0 about the large capacity of ships. Frigates are the biggest offender. it seems that the capacity here is 2 ships per pad and that seems logical. If only the Zeus get the nerf bat, it's a bit harsh but if it's the start of a rebalance, It's very welcome

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:27

pittlebelge wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:08
We've been complaining since 1.0 about the large capacity of ships. Frigates are the biggest offender. it seems that the capacity here is 2 ships per pad and that seems logical. If only the Zeus get the nerf bat, it's a bit harsh but if it's the start of a rebalance, It's very welcome
Who are we?
I am certainly not complaining about the carrying capacity of an actual Carrier,
the Carry capacity of a Destroyer yes that's when I say cut it down.

The Size of the Ship has increased and the Zeus is not a Frigate.
Stay on topic and do not Paint every Ship with the same Brush.

Take a look at the Tokyo and consider the carrying capacity of that Ship.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:45

Yes, the problem is that unless the full reballance is done all across the board, it makes Zeus E an obsolete ship.

Seriously I don't understand peopel fixating about launch/recovery speed - I never had an issue with stock 40 fighters carriers, nor with Raptor that is 100 fighter monster.

Zalzany
x4

Post by Zalzany » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:48

Alith-Ahnar wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:27
pittlebelge wrote:
Who are we?
I am certainly not complaining about the carrying capacity of an actual Carrier,

Its a TEST if it goes well we will very likely see all factions across board get this rebalance, if it doesn't work better in testing it will be changed before 5.00 public. These are tests not final versions, the goal is to colelct data on large scale far more then they can get from in house testing, its why its "opt in" not public patches. When you join up you greeing to be a free beta tester, this means were gonna see way more bugs then 5.00 public should have on launch, and were gonna be guina pigs for things like seeing if 2 fighters per pad works better then 10 per pad or whatever. Its a test not a final product people. And way these goes, you gonna see them only test one small group at once, because they don't need new data from the others. This test isn't comparing how many slots some other faction not part of the test has.

Its to see if it works. If it does we are very looking at other factions getting same changes in upcoming betas before 5.0 public hits. Hell maybe E class for every faction before then and they may test better with 2 fighters per slot, and perform better, and be the new meta after 5.0 who knows.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:53

Zalzany wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:48
Its to see if it works. If it does we are very looking at other factions getting same changes in upcoming betas before 5.0 public hits. Hell maybe E class for every faction before then and they may test better with 2 fighters per slot, and perform better, and be the new meta after 5.0 who knows.
Hold your horse, Bernd said that they don't plan to do anything like that to other races anytime soon.
Only new ships for Paranids in 5.0.
No changes to existing ships as it might cause save-game compactibility issue.

pittlebelge
x4

Post by pittlebelge » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 16:00

At the end of the day, we can still build the old version. We just have the option to make a sleeker looking, lower capacity version.

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 16:12

Dedicated XL carriers should always have more fighter capacity than a L dedicated destroyer (common sense please!)

If Egosoft wants to rebalance fighter capacity of L and XL capital ship I am completely in favour of doing so, no more copy paste stats for all similar ships please!!

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 16:15

Zalzany wrote:
Alith-Ahnar wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:27
pittlebelge wrote:
Who are we?

Its a TEST if it goes well we will very likely see all factions across board get this rebalance, if it doesn't work better in testing it will be changed before 5.00 public. These are tests not final versions, the goal is to colelct data on large scale far more then they can get from in house testing, its why its "opt in" not public patches. When you join up you greeing to be a free beta tester, this means were gonna see way more bugs then 5.00 public should have on launch, and were gonna be guina pigs for things like seeing if 2 fighters per pad works better then 10 per pad or whatever. Its a test not a final product people. And way these goes, you gonna see them only test one small group at once, because they don't need new data from the others. This test isn't comparing how many slots some other faction not part of the test has.

Please stay on topic, and don't try to derail with a speech about it is only beta stats.
Why do you think we all (mostly) including me are here?

Always assume the content you test is final unless big glaring problems show themself.

For this reason, I as we all should, point out what my perceived problem with those possible final changes is simple as that.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 17:30

capitalduty wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 16:12
Dedicated XL carriers should always have more fighter capacity than a L dedicated destroyer (common sense please!)
Did not test the zeus yet but I guess the common sense here should be "how fast/many the ship can launch/dock assigned fighters".
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 20:02

I like these changes (especially the change to the odysseus) and I hope the rest of the games ships get similar treatment.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 05:22

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 21. Jan 22, 15:53
Zalzany wrote:
Hold your horse, Bernd said that they don't plan to do anything like that to other races anytime soon.
Only new ships for Paranids in 5.0.
No changes to existing ships as it might cause save-game compactibility issue.
What they should do is make the change for destroyers be save friendly. Reduce the amount of internal storage on existing destroyers, and if people have save games with too many fighters now in internal storage, the game does not crash, but simply allows them to undock but not dock new ships until below the new internal storage limit.

Sassbarman

Post by Sassbarman » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 08:03

When I saw the dev enter the conversation I honestly thought here comes the oops that’s a bug, and was rather shocked to hear it was intended. How is it possible to justify a carrier having half the fighter capacity of a destroyer or a transport ship for that matter. Defies logic.

Pejot
x4

Post by Pejot » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 08:42

I like the change. This is fast carrier that can get in place before enemy reinforcements. It also fits paranid lore about their need of personal space.
"Never listen to what people say. Just watch what they do."

Chrisjen Avasarala

pesadelo
x4

Post by pesadelo » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 11:47

Sassbarman wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 08:03
When I saw the dev enter the conversation I honestly thought here comes the oops that’s a bug, and was rather shocked to hear it was intended. How is it possible to justify a carrier having half the fighter capacity of a destroyer or a transport ship for that matter. Defies logic.
Maybe those destros /transport ships will get their hangars nuked?

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 14:55

Nowadays a similar carrier vessel can have ready on deck up to 30 fighters, adding internal and external storage we are talking about 90 fighters capacity in total in year 2022. Yes X4 its different, but it's completely unrealistic to have no dedicated XL Carrier ships having more storage capacity and possibly in the timeline that x4 is based XL carrier should have huge amounts of fighters/drones ready to fight as technology should allow that in foreseeable future. Fast launching mechanic is good but is not enough compensation to have a huge slow carrier ship that cannot field more than 16 at a given time.

Return to “X4: Foundations”