Food Rations are illegal in Avarice? - WAI.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

gyzmo
x4

Food Rations are illegal in Avarice? - WAI.

Post by gyzmo » Sun, 20. Mar 22, 17:20

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but at least it feels like it. The Riptide Rakers certainsly don't have it marked as illegal wares...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Food Rations are illegal in Avarice?

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 20. Mar 22, 17:57

Quoting Imperial Good elsewhere: "VIG is special in that they are meant to run a racket on food products in the region to keep control. This means Ice, Water and Food Rations are all illegal in their space."

Moving to gameplay forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

darkstar12
x4

Re: Food Rations are illegal in Avarice? - WAI.

Post by darkstar12 » Sun, 20. Mar 22, 21:32

Use the new cargohold mod. If it's been fixed that is
And so it Begins.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Sun, 20. Mar 22, 22:58

I had to do something, you know? The Syndicate is bleeding us dry. Can you believe it? We're not even allowed to transport our own agri wares, just so they can turn a tiny amount of extra profit!
Ego explained it in the game, pretty good plot writing I would say.

CaptJimBob
x4

Post by CaptJimBob » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 21:21

darkstar12 wrote:
Sun, 20. Mar 22, 21:32
Use the new cargohold mod. If it's been fixed that is
I tried using the Mirage mod to hide illegal goods but it had no effect in the Windfall space. I have just made Windfall and Avarice no fly zones. Also, be warned if offer you a mission to bring in Food Rations, it's a trap to make you loose rep :)

Orelion
x4

Post by Orelion » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 10:25

There is no license to be able to start food rations legally?

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 15:37

Orelion wrote:
Tue, 22. Mar 22, 10:25
There is no license to be able to start food rations legally?
A pirate syndicate wouldn't sell licenses as much as take bribes and protection money.

If Egosoft can create that distinction in gameplay, I'll be impressed.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 16:10

It would have been neat feature if you could pay "duties" to move food rations and water/ince into Avarice should you become friendly enough with the syndicate. In this case you are not really muscling into their business but as a friend partaking in it.

keatsm
x3tc

Post by keatsm » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 11:47

This is so frustrating, I have cleared all VIG stations effectively eradicating them except for the occasional small ship and have built stations in their space that I have now claimed. They have no Police force, yet this policy is still in effect.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 12:18

keatsm wrote:
Tue, 28. Jun 22, 11:47
This is so frustrating, I have cleared all VIG stations effectively eradicating them except for the occasional small ship and have built stations in their space that I have now claimed. They have no Police force, yet this policy is still in effect.
What do you mean by still in effect? Something is scanning your ships with no police or territory? :gruebel:
***modified***

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 17:11

I just destroyed the VIG Syndicate ships after getting all their blueprints and as part of the final quest.
At the end of the ToA quest-chain, you can do two tasks to restore the VIG rep, even from -30 to neutral.
So I killed ALL ships, big and small. After that I blocked their wharf and shipyards, so no new ships can be produced. The wharf needs 156 ships and shipyard 5 l-ships docked, so that no new ships can be produced. More long-term solution than 5 hour hack duration.
Naturally genociding them results in -30 rep, but with completion of the plot, all the way back to -7.
No VIG ships harass your traders now.

Most important: Significant fps boost.

If left alone, the VIG spams about 500 to 800 fighters, dozens of destroyers or other large and small civilian ships, despite owning only 3 sectors.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 00:56

keatsm wrote:
Is the sector green? If not then you haven't claimed it. If you have claimed it then YOU can change the illegal wares - it might just be a carry over - in which case it is user error, just go fix it in your sector policies.

Also, if you have +20 rep with them they let you trade in their goods.

JoeJinis
x4

Post by JoeJinis » Thu, 28. Jul 22, 01:23

keatsm wrote:
A ship of mine supplying food to Riptide Rikers dropped all their food because I don't know what police forced them too...
I eradicated all the VIG, everywhere too.
Is there a way to delete that stupid policy? -.-

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 28. Jul 22, 03:00

It turned out they did implement something like my previous post asked for, just I was not aware of it at the time.

If you reach 20 reputation with VIG and complete the ceremony they will give you a licence to move food products in both Windfall and Avarice sectors. At this stage they become legal wares for you to move around. Combined with VIG no longer pirating your stuff due to being friendly they become a most profitable ally.

JoeJinis
x4

Post by JoeJinis » Thu, 28. Jul 22, 14:24

I'm not allying with pirates exploiting poor peoples.

As I said I exterminated them, thus they shouldn't be able to make whatever illegal :(

Return to “X4: Foundations”