'Terran Pests' Scan ANT Graphene Refinery 1 quest problem

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

northernlion

'Terran Pests' Scan ANT Graphene Refinery 1 quest problem

Post by northernlion » Sat, 26. Mar 22, 02:40

Hey everyone, (long time x fan, new to forum)

I picked up x4 a little while ago and am really enjoying it so far. But I've run into a problem with the Terran Pests quest. I've been asked to scan the refinery but no quest objective points me to it and when I scan it thoroughly, nothing happens. And if I dock onto the station and leave the Geometric Owl, to creates a quest marker for me to go back to the ship, but nothing else. I really want to continue the quest, but I don't know how to trigger it to continue. Any help would be much appreciated! :)

pyrae
x4

Re: 'Terran Pests' Scan ANT Graphene Refinery 1 quest problem

Post by pyrae » Sun, 31. Jul 22, 21:22

Any answers to this? I am having the same issues. My quest was scan an ANT Argon Defence Platform. I went through the forums and made sure my save was current (5.10). I searched and found a few missions but cannot found the spot to advance the quest as well as scanned the station to 100%. I left, came back. I reloaded. Still can't find the place to advance the quest. I am attaching a link to my save game file in case that would help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13JJEQ1 ... sp=sharing

Thank you in advance for any help!

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sun, 31. Jul 22, 23:09

Loaded your save, mission proceeds as expected. You have to scan an audio leak (using the ship scan mode), not the station itself.
Right on commander !

pyrae
x4

Post by pyrae » Mon, 1. Aug 22, 03:59

Thank you for the quick response! I have done that. Shift + 2 to put the ship in scan mode (also manually did it from the esc menu to make sure) found audio leaks - little electric bursts, bumped them/decoded them, but they are always other missions not the plot advancement. If you were able to advance I must be doing something wrong but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 1. Aug 22, 04:57

There are data leaks and signal leaks.

Signal leaks look like a pinwheel firework, data leaks looik like little red pulsing blobs. Have you scanned both kinds at fhat station?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 1. Aug 22, 08:12

I just noticed something. The save puts you near a defense station in the Void. Do you understand the objective is in Getsu Fune (north from your position), not in the Void, right ?
Right on commander !

pyrae
x4

Post by pyrae » Mon, 1. Aug 22, 22:34

:oops: This is the " If you were able to advance I must be doing something wrong but for the life of me I can't figure it out. " part where I was wrong. Since the quest was given in that sector, and there was an ANT Argon Defence platform there, I just presumed I needed to find it there and that the 'quest advancement' would help me find Getsu Fune... Thank you!

pyrae
x4

Post by pyrae » Tue, 2. Aug 22, 06:25

Yup, found Getsu Fune and continued. Thank you for helping!

Return to “X4: Foundations”