I actually can't get a single black market.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zakaluka

I actually can't get a single black market.

Post by zakaluka » Sun, 17. Apr 22, 17:14

Here's a screenshot of all the missions I've collected. Notice the scrollbar.
I've also abandoned every transport and boarding mission received from scanning. (Don't have the means to do a boarding operation yet)
Have scanned nearly all argon stations (only haven't done the ones up in split space), gotten this many missions, not one "procure illegal goods" mission.

Is this happening because I have a police license, or is it just extremely bad luck?

https://imgur.com/g15lkEq

Slashman
x4

Re: I actually can't get a single black market.

Post by Slashman » Sun, 17. Apr 22, 17:18

I haven't been able to get one either but my search has not been as extensive as yours.

They are really hard to find apparently...this is my first time bothering with them and it may be the last time. :|
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

zakaluka

Post by zakaluka » Sun, 17. Apr 22, 17:22

Slashman wrote:
Sun, 17. Apr 22, 17:18
I haven't been able to get one either but my search has not been as extensive as yours.

They are really hard to find apparently...this is my first time bothering with them and it may be the last time. :|
Maybe there's a bug in the latest update. I'm used to finding one about every 5 scans.

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Sun, 17. Apr 22, 19:30

How many of your missions were accepted at a station that buys/sells illegal goods? (Spacefuel, Maja dust, Spaceweed)
No glory for you!

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Sun, 17. Apr 22, 19:43

I was about to make a thread on this as well. After ToA and 5.0, I started a new game with the Stranded start. I have gotten one black market unlocked during that time, and IIRC it was part of the Maestro questline. I've been playing more or less a "pirate" focused game, and have done a lot of signal leak missions, but they are never the black market missions.

zakaluka

Post by zakaluka » Sun, 17. Apr 22, 19:47

Prophet1 wrote:
Sun, 17. Apr 22, 19:30
How many of your missions were accepted at a station that buys/sells illegal goods? (Spacefuel, Maja dust, Spaceweed)
If you're going to tell me that only stations with maja/spacefuel/spaceweed production can give you a black market contact, that would 100% be incorrect. Every single station can have a black market contact. I've done it before. (well not the whole map, but entire regions)

But answering your question, unknown. More than zero.

bodrum
x4

Post by bodrum » Sun, 17. Apr 22, 23:48

As per this thread
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=446475

Ive just gone hunting for black marketeers in Argon space and found a load (about 6 SCA and 1 ARG) - took about an hour or so

Game was started in 5.0 and updated to 5.10, so if there is a bug, I'm not experiencing it...

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Mon, 18. Apr 22, 01:08

zakaluka wrote:
Sun, 17. Apr 22, 19:47
Prophet1 wrote:
Sun, 17. Apr 22, 19:30
If you're going to tell me that only stations with maja/spacefuel/spaceweed production can give you a black market contact, that would 100% be incorrect. Every single station can have a black market contact. I've done it before. (well not the whole map, but entire regions)

But answering your question, unknown. More than zero.
I don't know how the RNG is coded, but all my black market contacts were found in a station that buys/sells fuel, dust, and weed. I didn't think about it until reading another post where someone stated they could be found in such stations, and then I read your post here. So maybe we both defied the odds. Maybe the RNG is weighted towards stations trading illegals.

Maybe check again. I have a black market contact at one Argon equipment dock that trades illegals, but not all those docks do. I have another at a hull parts fac. It buys illegals, but not all hull parts facs do. I have another at an ARG defense platform. It trades illegals. Not all do.
No glory for you!

zakaluka

Post by zakaluka » Mon, 18. Apr 22, 02:39

Prophet1 wrote:
Mon, 18. Apr 22, 01:08
I have a black market contact at one Argon equipment dock that trades illegals, but not all those docks do. I have another at a hull parts fac. It buys illegals, but not all hull parts facs do. I have another at an ARG defense platform. It trades illegals. Not all do.
That's exactly how it works - those stations are trading drugs because you unlocked the black marketeer.

zakaluka

Post by zakaluka » Mon, 18. Apr 22, 06:16

well, this ended as quickly as it began. In game, I'm doing nothing different.

- I rolled back my game files to march 22
- Restarted the game and started a new save file.
Now I'm getting opportunity knocks missions ???

I'm going to chalk this one up to extreme bad luck. None of the things I did should matter one bit.
https://dilbert.com/search_results?term ... +Generator

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Mon, 18. Apr 22, 12:19

zakaluka wrote:
Mon, 18. Apr 22, 02:39
Prophet1 wrote:
Mon, 18. Apr 22, 01:08
I have a black market contact at one Argon equipment dock that trades illegals, but not all those docks do. I have another at a hull parts fac. It buys illegals, but not all hull parts facs do. I have another at an ARG defense platform. It trades illegals. Not all do.
That's exactly how it works - those stations are trading drugs because you unlocked the black marketeer.
Ah, ok. I never checked what they were trading before unlocking him and assumed they always traded illegals.
No glory for you!

Diroc
x4

Post by Diroc » Wed, 20. Apr 22, 00:30

I believe there also is a cap on the number of Black Market stations per sector. Grand Exchange 1, I can't get more than 10 black market vendors.

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Thu, 21. Apr 22, 19:03

I still haven't found a single additional black market mission. I've searched dozens of stations, but all the signal leak missions are kill/hack/board. Never deliver illegal items.

AdrianWir
x4

Post by AdrianWir » Fri, 22. Apr 22, 06:45

Have you tried some kill mission? I had the same problem. It only took one kill mission and the black market missions unlocked.
Laptop ASUS | Ryzen 5 3550H | 16GB RAM | Nvidia GTX1650 - X4 works fine... until you have a huge fleet and lots of stations :)

XUDB forum

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Fri, 22. Apr 22, 16:24

I have done a ton of the hack, and quite a few of the boarding missions. Not sure how many of the other types I've done, but I'll give it a try. After spending 2+ hours last night just scanning station, and finding not a single black market, I'll try anything.

AdrianWir
x4

Post by AdrianWir » Fri, 22. Apr 22, 17:49

Hack and transport missions are not working. I don't know about boarding missions, I haven't tested. But in my case, the kill mission helped.
Laptop ASUS | Ryzen 5 3550H | 16GB RAM | Nvidia GTX1650 - X4 works fine... until you have a huge fleet and lots of stations :)

XUDB forum

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 01:12

Did 2 kills, 1 hack, and 1 taxi mission, and still am not getting any black markets after. I give up.

AdrianWir
x4

Post by AdrianWir » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 19:05

If you bought the game on steam and you have to try to do file verification.

XUDB forum

sd_jasper
x4

Black Market Missions Never Appear

Post by sd_jasper » Thu, 28. Apr 22, 16:55

Other issues with black market offers have been reported, but they seem to be different than what I am experiencing, so I'm creating a new thread to discuss the issue I've had.

Game start is Stranded, base game with all DLC and no mods. Been playing for over 100 hours. In that time the ONLY black market I've unlocked was the one that is part of the stranded game start quest line. Since then I have spend dozens of hours searching for signal leak missions and have found ZERO that are black market offers. The past week my play time consists of loading in, searching for about an hour or two, then moving on to other things.

Last night I logged each signal mission I came across and this is what I got:
1. Argon Prime - Argon Wharf - Cannot See, Cannot Scan
2. Argon Prime - Argon Wharf - Defenseless
3. Argon Prime - Hull Part Factory I - Fast Flight
4. Argon Prime - Hull Part Factory I - Far From Here
5. Argon Prime - High Tech Factory I - Advanced Preparations
6. Argon Prime - High Tech Factory I - Troublesome Agent
7. Argon Prime - High Tech Factory IV - Cannot See, Cannot Scan
8. Argon Prime - Ship Technology Factory II - Fast Flight
9. Argon Prime - High Tech Factory II - Art of the Illusion
10. Hatikvah's Choice I - ARG Ship Tech Fac I - And... Action
11. Hatikvah's Choice I - ARG Ship Tech Fac I - Far From Here
12. Hatikvah's Choice I - ARG Refined Goods Complex I - Storage Evacuation
13. Hatikvah's Choice I - Spacefule Fac II - Cannot See, Cannot Scan
14. Hatikvah's Choice I - Spacefule Fac II - Fast Flight
15. Hatikvah's Choice I - HAT Argon Trading Station - Troublesome Agent
16. Hatikvah's Choice I - HAT Argon Trading Station - Calculated Payback
17. Hatikvah's Choice I - HAT Argon Trading Station - Keep It In One Piece
18. Hatikvah's Choice I - Ship Tech Fac II - Art of Illusion
19. Hatikvah's Choice I - Ship Tech Fac II - Away From Here

This is just one night, but it has been about a week of the same thing. I've searched stations by every major faction, been all over the map, and still haven't found a even one black market.

Is this just me? Can anyone confirm that they found black market missions after completing the stranded start quest line? Is there something that could be "blocking" these missions? Are there any commonalities with others that have had difficulty finding these missions? Someone please help.

alexdefelice
x4

Re: Black Market Missions Never Appear

Post by alexdefelice » Sun, 12. Jun 22, 07:59

Did you ever find your answer? I'm in the same boat with a 5.1 game. Been searching for hours over hundreds of signal leak and dozens of stations, not a single black market mission.
It's like paradise, spread out with a butter knife.

Return to “X4: Foundations”