What mods for Astrid weapons?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Raptor34
x4

What mods for Astrid weapons?

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 24. Apr 22, 21:00

The main guns are projectiles right? So Expediters work.
And since the turrets are beams, use Annihilators? Damage/Cooling/Reload/Rotation Speed? Cooling is useless for turrets but the rest works right?

Bastelfred
x4

Re: What mods for Astrid weapons?

Post by Bastelfred » Sun, 24. Apr 22, 21:32

Raptor34 wrote:
Sun, 24. Apr 22, 21:00
Cooling is useless for turrets
That's not quite true... The heat from the turrets slows down the cooling of the main weapons.

You use the Astrid? As a ship, that thing is horrible, it's a nice trophy.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Sun, 24. Apr 22, 23:24

Bastelfred wrote:
Sun, 24. Apr 22, 21:32
That's not quite true... The heat from the turrets slows down the cooling of the main weapons.
Could you please elaborate on this statement?
Looking at in-game encyclopedia the turrets have no "max rate of heat buildup".
Which turrets affect main weapon heat more? which one less?
Thank you!
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

Bastelfred
x4

Post by Bastelfred » Sun, 24. Apr 22, 23:43

af_2017 wrote:
Sun, 24. Apr 22, 23:24
Bastelfred wrote:
Thank you!
When you use your main weapons, they generate heat that must eventually cool down. This is common knowledge.
The turrets don't have to cool down, they always fire. This is also common knowledge.

What many obviously don't know is...
If your main weapons are all shot red (does not have to be red, just for the example) and... as an example... now need 10s to cool down. If you now wait for the weapons to cool down and the turrets fire, they will not take 10s but 12s. If you now use mods with which your turrets generate more heat, it takes 14s.

You can see this clearly with an Asgard, the bar for the cooling of the main weapon decreases more slowly when the turrets fire, and of course also when the other two main weapons are used. The ships have a total cooling account, and the heat from the turrets also ends up there and negatively influences the cooling of all weapons.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 01:47

i know the heat on the other weapons you use (non turrets) does affect cooling.

i was not aware , and i dont know if the turret part is accurate, will love egosoft opinion on the matter. (if possible)

thanks
X gamer , one at a time.

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Thu, 12. May 22, 13:58

Bastelfred wrote:
Sun, 24. Apr 22, 23:43
af_2017 wrote:
Sun, 24. Apr 22, 23:24
Bastelfred wrote:
Thank you!
When you use your main weapons, they generate heat that must eventually cool down. This is common knowledge.
The turrets don't have to cool down, they always fire. This is also common knowledge.

What many obviously don't know is...
If your main weapons are all shot red (does not have to be red, just for the example) and... as an example... now need 10s to cool down. If you now wait for the weapons to cool down and the turrets fire, they will not take 10s but 12s. If you now use mods with which your turrets generate more heat, it takes 14s.

You can see this clearly with an Asgard, the bar for the cooling of the main weapon decreases more slowly when the turrets fire, and of course also when the other two main weapons are used. The ships have a total cooling account, and the heat from the turrets also ends up there and negatively influences the cooling of all weapons.
This is not true at all, i did pretty heavy testing with my asgard, having all turrets firing well my main weapons were on cooldown, and having all turrets off, the to cooldown was not effected at all, i did testing throwing heavy heat increasing mods on turrets as well to see if that made a difference, none at all.
what did make a difference is if I fire the asgard beam, then fire my main batteries well the beam is cooling down, its about 1 min cooldown to fire an asgard beam with no other main batteries firing, or 3 min 30 sec for beam to cool down if ur firing main batteries as well, well beam is cooling down.
it was also 1 min to cooldown asgard beam when all large turrets were firing nonstop, half plasma, half beam, not a second added.

XoSPECTRE

Post by XoSPECTRE » Sun, 15. May 22, 01:16

For Guns only basic mods never use exceptional they always big fail. Basic slasher mod and u have best dps

Return to “X4: Foundations”