Has anything really silly occurred in your game?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Has anything really silly occurred in your game?

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 16. May 22, 15:02

@ Ragnos28: Welcome to Newton's Law of Momentum in operation. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 16. May 22, 17:11

Long time ago, I have absolutely no idea why, I decided it's a bright choice to fix my fighter via spacewalk repair laser...in Holy Vision, next to the Xenon gate with ongoing HOP-Xenon battle all around.
Somehow it was going well till suddenly a Xenon I poped-out, so I notice this might be my signal to get out.
I rushed to my fighter, docked the spacesuit, ran to pilot seat and hit the gas.
I swear 0.5 second later there was a gravitron barrage going throug space where my fighters was.

Loltak
x4

Post by Loltak » Mon, 16. May 22, 17:38

On time I"ve made a hacking mission (storage) of a station and quit the game to do something else.
One day later I played again, load my save and saw various container. "Oh cool some loot from a battle"
I looted it and of course the station became red... Took me few second to understand what I've made wrong :)

A other time after a battle my ship was at less than 5% of hull so I ran away and decided to repair it in spacesuit. Bad idea; (new?) enemies have the time to reach me, destroy the ship and me.
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Mon, 16. May 22, 18:28

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 16. May 22, 15:02
@ Ragnos28: Welcome to Newton's Law of Momentum in operation. :D
Hmm...bowling with a xenon K if I travel drive in to it with a destroyer or an Asgard? :gruebel: :mrgreen:

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Mon, 16. May 22, 18:46

In Nopelios 2 I finally found a SCA Phoenix to cap, early this playthrough. I committed with my ship that was really not best suited for it and eventually, after dozens of reloads and rage, I finally managed to whittle down it's hull to cap. I ordered in my Tern with his 20 rookies to come when suddenly I get fired upon and killed. Upon reload I realize a second Phoenix has arrived and sneaked up on me!

He immediately went to help his disabled buddy, thus ruining all my laborious work. MY Tern and I both died a few more times and I was basically reduced to cursing and pleading for some police force or travelling knight to appear and save me. Finally, through sheer personal awesomeness and universe-bending skill, I managed to disable it as well and was just whittling down it's hull to cap when out of nowhere a group of MIN fighters appears and start attacking the disabled Phoenix! WHERE WERE THEY FOR THE LAST HALF AN HOUR?!?!?!

They ended up destroying my booty right before my very eyes, in every reload i tried. With steam coming out of my ears and very tempted to send the game to hell I finally (barely) accepted the fact that I've just been cheated out of a story worthy of telling everyone around me to by some numbskull Teladi scum.

Ended up victorious in an very unfair battle of a single Minotaur Raider against two Phoenixes, but with only 1 capped ship, courtesy of kill-stealing scum.

Hours later a different MIN squadron destroyed the Excalibur I managed to disable and got ready for capping in a very similar scenario. Took several reloads and variations to finally be able to cap it with a loss of almost all of my 20 veteran Marines vs their 12 service crew since I was forced to cap it before it could again be destroyed. All in all it took at least 2 hours from start to finish, but I finally got myself a big ship, which is now the proud flagship of my small fleet of Phoenixes and Comets.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 17. May 22, 18:11

Ships from mods?
Sturmer wrote:
Mon, 16. May 22, 18:46
... I finally (barely) accepted the fact that I've just been cheated out of a story worthy of telling ...
Sorry, but you seem to have an intact story. Perhaps even better than the "took them all like a pice of cake". Drama sells.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”