Has anything really silly occurred in your game?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Has anything really silly occurred in your game?

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 11:01

I stupidly hired one of the guys who was cleaning my ship. A Paranid. He now sits in my Pegasus with cleaning gun in hand!
Well I suppose he can fly me wherever I want to go and clean the windscreen at the same time.

I suppose if he had a vacuum cleaner as well he could do the whole ship. :D
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Has anything really silly occurred in your game?

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 11:15

You mean like pressing F9 when you meant to press F5 just after doing something really difficult and spectacular? Oh, you mean in the game. :D

A very similar experience.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 11:43

Alan, I think we have all done that..... Hahhh feel that Homer Simpson moment, or is it the Oh No Second? :headbang:
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 12:13

I tried landing on a Station..."You can't land on a station with your ship, but you can get out in your spacesuit and do it!" To paraphrase a message I got.

Could I land on this base? Could I heck? I bounced here there and everywhere and even got stuck inbetween struts. In the end I sheepishly floated back to my waiting ship and went elsewhere...
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 12:31

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 25. Apr 22, 11:15
You mean like pressing F9 when you meant to press F5 just after doing something really difficult and spectacular? Oh, you mean in the game. :D

A very similar experience.
I pressed F5 when I meant to press F3 in the VIG combat section at the end of the plot.
Fortunately I already secured the Astrids iirc otherwise I'll be real pissed if I need to go recap them as the Quicksave was after getting both.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 12:35

Socratatus wrote:
Mon, 25. Apr 22, 12:13
I tried landing on a Station..."You can't land on a station with your ship, but you can get out in your spacesuit and do it!" To paraphrase a message I got.

Could I land on this base? Could I heck? I bounced here there and everywhere and even got stuck inbetween struts. In the end I sheepishly floated back to my waiting ship and went elsewhere...
Got that too. The message is a lie. The station in question did have pier module, but no S/M dock yet. The suit door in on the S/M dock. I think I did deliver construction materials to them and the dock was functional later.

Does the "Message" count as silly? I've got several since 4.0. "A wondrous opportunity". Once per hour at worst times. Clearly a spam, phish, 419. Definitely fishy. :rant:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

abisha1980
x4

Post by abisha1980 » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 13:54

I have Agent 47 on one my Mokosi

not sure if Egosoft made him specific or do to a bug.
Retail investor, η+18,9% 2022 (η+7.1% 2023) (η+0,74 2024) 95% in bonds.
Young people don't be freaking stupid invest also (not in BTC but in real stocks)

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 14:01

abisha1980 wrote:
Mon, 25. Apr 22, 13:54

Like a baldy? Got one after recruiting crew from PIO.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 14:10

abisha1980 wrote:
Barcode?

abisha1980
x4

Post by abisha1980 » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 14:16

Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 25. Apr 22, 14:01
abisha1980 wrote:

Like a baldy? Got one after recruiting crew from PIO.
including a suit?.
Retail investor, η+18,9% 2022 (η+7.1% 2023) (η+0,74 2024) 95% in bonds.
Young people don't be freaking stupid invest also (not in BTC but in real stocks)

Admiral Sausage

Post by Admiral Sausage » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 18:03

I took a PoW when I captured a ship:
Spoiler
Show
https://mrevil.asvachin.com/temp/x4/PoW.jpg
She must not be very popular, because MIN hasn't complained. Even as a captive, she looks down on everyone... literally; maybe something in her shoes interacts badly with the ship's artificial gravity. I would prefer it if I could move her to the brig though.
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 25. Apr 22, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Tue, 26. Apr 22, 03:08

Admiral Sausage wrote:
Mon, 25. Apr 22, 18:03
I took a PoW when I captured a ship:
Spoiler
Show
https://mrevil.asvachin.com/temp/x4/PoW.jpg
She must not be very popular, because MIN hasn't complained. Even as a captive, she looks down on everyone... literally; maybe something in her shoes interacts badly with the ship's artificial gravity. I would prefer it if I could move her to the brig though.
There is only one solution to the Mellerd problem.

Destroy the ship.

Gergin
x4

Post by Gergin » Tue, 26. Apr 22, 16:22

Eighteen Billion has erupted into a Teladi Civil War for reasons unknown.
It doesn't seem like Ministry of Finance and Teladi Company are at war more broadly, the hostilities are limited to Eighteen Billion...for now...

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Wed, 27. Apr 22, 03:29

I have two stories.

1) I was hiding in a nook away from turrets against a Xenon K in a small fighter. I had takes lots of damage and was at like 5% health. But I was sticking it out shooting the K hoping to get the killing shot as it was also at single digit health. I wanted to get the massive credit reward for the kill. Well, an NPC ship got the kill with some sort of high damage missile. Not only that, they took me out too with the splash damage. This was prior to the version that capital ships blowing up damaged surrounding ships, so it was the missile that did me in. Stupid Kill Stealing Teladi!

2) I've only seen this happen once. I was in a Behemoth part of a huge battle near a station, and somehow my collision box overlapped with the station (I assume). It caused my Behemoth to shoot out immediately SIDEWAYS at about 9k speed across the map until I eventually slowed down. I guess that is one way to have a hasty retreat.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Wed, 27. Apr 22, 10:36

This occurred just recently. I am in a Xenon sector, in the middle of a huge battle. Total carnage all around.
Antigone have just succeeded in building a defence station, so now the sector is contested.

As I am busily killing Ps, Ms and Ns when up pops the police wanting to check my inventory, which to be honest was stuffed full of loot from the now defunct Xenon.
A temporary rep loss in the middle of battle, cheeky sod.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 27. Apr 22, 14:44

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:
Wed, 27. Apr 22, 10:36
As I am busily killing Ps, Ms and Ns when up pops the police wanting to check my inventory
You surely have seen in X2/X3R Xenon Invasion missions a police Scout scanning Destroyers in the midst of Xenon K/J fleet? The brave/diligent/foolhardy traits of the X-Universe Law Enforcement families inherit and prosper. :lol:

Admiral Sausage

Post by Admiral Sausage » Sat, 14. May 22, 15:19

Something else amusing happened. I took a mission from some highly respectable spacefarers to capture an ARG L freighter. To make it as painless as possible I followed it around for a while to see if it would fly into unpoliced space. It clearly wasn't going to though, so I took a risk and started the operation in Second Contact II. Of course this didn't go smoothly, with the freighter calling the local ANT forces for help, who then came over and started scratching the paint on my ship.

Second Contact II is crawling with ARG ships too though, and I'm +30 with ARG, so they came over to help me. So now I have a hapless ARG freighter that I'm trying to board, various ANT warships doing their best to stop me, and a few wings of ARG ships helping me to board their own freighter!?

It gets even better. Long after I managed to capture the freighter and escape, ANT and ARG continued fighting each other. Echos of the conflict rippled out across the sector, even spilling over into Argon Prime. For hours of real time after the whole thing started, I could see roving bands of angry ARG fighters taking their revenge on random ANT trading ships. Thanks ARG, you're my best friends now, and thanks for the ship.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Sat, 14. May 22, 17:17

Boso Ta's PHQ quest once again on new start.
Need to deliver ship with 3 antimatter cells.
I did that remotely, bought ship, told him buy the wares and fly to the position.
Some SCA started to hunt the ship. And eventually destroyed it.
Target destination now contains ship's wreck and containers with antimatter cells.
Luckily the delivery has triggered the mission and Boso Ta proceeded with her serious talks about the "readings" she get from the ship.
That was fun.
The really good point is that I did not need to deliver the ship again.
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 16. May 22, 12:13

An ANT L miner with orders to attack a Khaak Installation. Weirdest thing I ever saw.
Less weird is some ANT M miner hanging out in the middle of nowhere with a wait order.

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Mon, 16. May 22, 12:20

In a boarding op, I was blowing up the engines of an SCA Behemoth as it entered travel drive. After destroying the last engine, my target went to a cruise at 800 m/s w/o any means to stop, leaving me and my marines that I've already launch, with surprised pikachu faces :lol:

Return to “X4: Foundations”