Feature request: Allow players to jump capital ships when close to gates just like the AI does

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sowelie

Feature request: Allow players to jump capital ships when close to gates just like the AI does

Post by sowelie » Sun, 1. May 22, 04:14

I notice that the AI capital ships don't have to physically fly through the jump gates. It would be nice if the palyer could also get "close enough" and then right click the gate and have a "Jump" action in the context menu (key bind too would be nice). Thoughts?

Also, thank you for making such an awesome game!

Raptor34
x4

Re: Feature request: Allow players to jump capital ships when close to gates just like the AI does

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 19. May 22, 11:58

I used to consider this pointless because generally you'll be approaching at travel speed anyway if you're piloting manually.
However, after losing my engines on my Oddy E somehow, my Terran ships do not for some reason, I got stuck right at a gate with Xenons swarming over me and once again somehow cracking my modded Terran shields and right into my hull. Now that I was stuck I was looking at a long load time when I remembered that the AI doesn't have to actually fly through the gate to go through the gate. Leaving the seat and a quick order later my ship was back in safe space surrounded by my fleet.
So yes, having this feature would actually be useful. I mean I can already exploit it by just leaving the seat and letting the AI take the reigns, so why not make it official.

Return to “X4: Foundations”