Question: Cancel deploy of deployables ??...quickly ?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

camshaft97
x4

Question: Cancel deploy of deployables ??...quickly ?

Post by camshaft97 » Thu, 5. May 22, 02:13

Huge fan.

Anywho, Is there anyway to cancel my que'd up list of deploy requests ? Details follow:

I'm the one flying the ship, Bohemuth, I'm repeatedly clicking 'military', 'laser tower', in quick succession, while flying slowly so I leave behind a wall of laser hardware. But when attacked, I need to jump to travel mode, but I'm guessing the reason the ship didn't charge-travel-mode is because it's not done with all the deploy requests. The reason I'm guessing is because...we bought the proverbial space-plot food-factory.

Deploy requests don't show on orders (otherwise, I would click the X, to cancel the orders.)

I prefer to use the keyboard because I can type that faster than using the mouse.

Thoughts ?

regards,
-Cam

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Question: Cancel deploy of deployables ??...quickly ?

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 5. May 22, 02:38

Deploy requests should appear as orders in the order list as normal. At least that is what they did last time I played.

My guess is that you were colliding with something which disrupts travel mode charge up. You can collide with the deployables you drop.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 5. May 22, 06:54

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 02:38
My guess is that you were colliding with something which disrupts travel mode charge up. You can collide with the deployables you drop.
Sounds right, I know when dropping mines it's basically instant. And when dropping a sat and beacon in quick succession they clip into each other.
Otoh I think LT Mk.2 requires the bay to deploy, so I don't know how fast that is.

camshaft97
x4

Post by camshaft97 » Wed, 11. May 22, 22:37

Yes, it was Mk2, and the Bohemuth doors were opening for each tower, 4 doors moving at the same time. I was moving forward slowly to spread them out.

Yes, the towers were bumping into the ship right after floating past the doors, so I had previously deployed a good 240 towers(remember, using keyboard selecting "deploy", "deploy" faster than the actual deploy process) and by pressing 'S'(I think?), for slide-down, so on my screen they appeared to drift upward and back at an angle.

But the orders to deploy the batch of them didn't appear in the order-que, I presume it was because I was flying, 1st person ?

I'll have to test I guess, For example, if I "get up" the control of the ship switches to NPC, which will run the orders that are on the que, which are usually different than what I was doing in 1st-person mode. Maybe I can then take control again? Not sure what would happen after that...

regards,

camshaft97
x4

Post by camshaft97 » Sat, 14. May 22, 21:54

TEST RESULTS, if interested :

Short-version: selecting "Get Up" didn't clear the long list of deploy-requests.

Long-version:
I selected "deploy laser tower" faster than they could actually be deployed, then selected "Get Up",
The deployment of towers continued regardless of whether I was flying or the relief-pilot NPC.
We both bumped into towers while moving, which kept 'travel mode' from working.

Return to “X4: Foundations”