Emergency Eject: Not Fun being destroyed by Xenon

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Duncaroos
x4

Emergency Eject: Not Fun being destroyed by Xenon

Post by Duncaroos » Thu, 12. May 22, 00:42

OK, so space suits we all know that we are defence-less against any ship. Even with MKII thrusters, you're crawling.

Once you get universe-wide teleportation it is not a big deal, but in early game you have no other choice but to turn on your thrusters and go to a station.

But Xenon just target you and destroy you! So what's the point??? It is extremely frustrating to have to hold down tab to travel 32 m/s towards a station that is 20km away (so 15 min of holding down the tab key (I use my calculator nearby :D )), only to get gunned down after like 2-3 min.

Can there be like an Emergency Eject flag for the player so that enemies don't just target you and kill you ?!?!
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

Falcrack
x4

Re: Emergency Eject: Not Fun being destroyed by Xenon

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 12. May 22, 01:10

There is a mod (called "escape pod") where instead of ejecting you in a space suit, it ejects you in a fast moving escape pod. You can use travel drive on it to flee bad situations. I think this mod is far superior to the Egosoft method of simply ejecting the player into their space suits.

But, if you have teleportation, for a short while after the emergency eject you are invulnerable, and if you immediately pause and teleport elsewhere, you will be able to survive despite Xenon targeting you.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Thu, 12. May 22, 01:26

Duncaroos wrote:
Thu, 12. May 22, 00:42
But Xenon just target you and destroy you! So what's the point???
The Point is to kill you course. What a silly question :roll:

A hint for you ; Xenons are not your friends.

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Thu, 12. May 22, 02:55

Malchar wrote:
Thu, 12. May 22, 01:26
Duncaroos wrote:
But Xenon just target you and destroy you! So what's the point???
The Point is to kill you course. What a silly question :roll:

A hint for you ; Xenons are not your friends.
No - you don't say!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

The point of the emergency eject is to give you a chance to continue playing. If the enemy just kills you after ejecting, there isn't much point to the emergency eject.
Last edited by Duncaroos on Thu, 12. May 22, 03:06, edited 1 time in total.
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 12. May 22, 03:04

It is mostly aimed at after you have the teleportation research as you can then quickly jump into another ship or station rather than having to immediately reload a previous save like before the feature was added. Otherwise before then it will likely just delay your death by a few seconds.

If the hostile ships nearby are not that hostile I suspect they might ignore your space suit due to it being civilian. However usually ships you attacked drop to such low reputation levels they start to attack your civilian assets and so will certainly try to kill your space suit.

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Thu, 12. May 22, 03:09

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 12. May 22, 03:04
It is mostly aimed at after you have the teleportation research as you can then quickly jump into another ship or station rather than having to immediately reload a previous save like before the feature was added. Otherwise before then it will likely just delay your death by a few seconds.

If the hostile ships nearby are not that hostile I suspect they might ignore your space suit due to it being civilian. However usually ships you attacked drop to such low reputation levels they start to attack your civilian assets and so will certainly try to kill your space suit.
Tooltip after ejecting should be changed to "Hope you got teleportation researched, otherwise kiss your butt goodbye" :lol:

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Thu, 12. May 22, 04:31

The purpose of it is to give you a few more seconds to think about what exactly you did wrong before you need to reload the last save :P

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Thu, 12. May 22, 04:59

Duncaroos wrote:
Thu, 12. May 22, 02:55
The point of the emergency eject is to give you a chance to continue playing. If the enemy just kills you after ejecting, there isn't much point to the emergency eject.
During WWII for exemple, with exception of countries I will not give the name, usual rule was to not target parachutes after aerial combat, not to target lifeboat after a torp attack by a submarine for exemple. And no, despite what people can think nazi Deutschland wasnt in the number who sunk lifeboat or shoot parachutes.

May be it is like that at X4 with civilized factions, but you have no merci to await from xenons, and probably also kha aak.

So, yes probably ejection in space suit is usueful and can save your day, but not in front of soul less foes, nor in front of faction animated by barbarian behaviours.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Thu, 12. May 22, 08:08

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 12. May 22, 01:10
There is a mod (called "escape pod")...
Egosoft must include this into base game. NPC bail out in escape pods, but player do not have one. Stop harass players :lol:

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Thu, 12. May 22, 08:26

S!rAssassin wrote:
Thu, 12. May 22, 08:08
Egosoft must include this into base game. NPC bail out in escape pods, but player do not have one. Stop harass players :lol:
Escape pod are drone sized with a mass of 3 tons (half of a usual S fighter or scout). That means you need a ship equiped with launch tubes or docking pad to have this feature available. It excludes all small ships and most medium ships with an exception for frigates.
For what I know frigates are not that popular among cockpit players, who usually prefer corvettes.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Thu, 12. May 22, 09:56

Duncaroos wrote:

Can there be like an Emergency Eject flag for the player so that enemies don't just target you and kill you ?!?!
I like the struggle. I once got blown away and ejected- too far away from anything. No co-pilot, no spare ship. Had to quit. I like it. taught me to get an AI pilot and ship. Some Ai enemies leave you alone if you're lucky.

I hate the teleport. Hate it. Won't use it.

I do wish the ejection system was a little more dramatic though... A few emeergency beeps and "EJECT! EJECT! EJECT!" would've been nice- instead of just an explosion and you're out there. Sometimes the Dev team are so stuck on Stats and super-looking ships, they forget some of the little immersive details.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 17. May 22, 01:17

Malchar wrote:
Thu, 12. May 22, 08:26
S!rAssassin wrote:
Escape pod are drone sized with a mass of 3 tons (half of a usual S fighter or scout). That means you need a ship equiped with launch tubes or docking pad to have this feature available. It excludes all small ships and most medium ships with an exception for frigates.
For what I know frigates are not that popular among cockpit players, who usually prefer corvettes.
And small fighters will eject full sized boarding pods.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Tue, 17. May 22, 02:09

So uhm yeah, don't engage the Xenon until you have teleport. Hit your tab button and skeedaddle.

And if you "hate teleport" there is an option for you. F9 before you engage.

Twsted
x4

Post by Twsted » Tue, 17. May 22, 06:10

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 12. May 22, 03:04

I always reload the save game.... Takes forever like 15 minutes for the game to load back up.
And I am always saving progress every 5 minutes by hand. The wait load time kills my brain cells though.
Software developer for a corporation. I speak Python, C#, Java, Kotlin and C++. and I love & play video games.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Tue, 17. May 22, 07:23

Falcrack wrote:
Tue, 17. May 22, 01:17
Malchar wrote:
Thu, 12. May 22, 08:26
S!rAssassin wrote:
NPC bail out in escape pods
It excludes all small ships and most medium ships with an exception for frigates.
And small fighters will eject full sized boarding pods.
But S eject full sized escape pods right now! By NPC! If you shoot to bail out NPC - it will use full sized escape pod! Always.

Egosoft can make smaller version of those escape pods for S and M. But player needs escape pod to complete emergency eject game function!

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Thu, 19. May 22, 13:17

The ‘escape pod’ mod, mentioned by Falcrack, is great and lots of fun. That said, I’m not sure if it’s being supported anymore. I noticed some folks mention issues with 5.1. I think it’s the more advanced features (crew escape pods) that are presenting issues but player side seems to work well still. Just something for the OP to be aware of I’d say… :)

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Fri, 20. May 22, 01:54

In X4 you can earn high-value and low effort gameplay loops, but that would not be as satisfying as 'hold the I Win button and watch the game solve itself'. The problem is that earning high value gameplay loops feels 'empty' if that process of earning them is absent. In fact, replayability is based on the foundation of having different pathways to them, and quite possibly different equivalents for the loops earned.

This adds up to a new start typically not having teleportation researched. It's so earning it Means Something. It's the difference between an I Win button and an emulated Hero's Journey. In my game I have two Terran shipyards and am busily using OOS silliness in an attempt to completely wipe the Xenon out - every station, every ship. Taking all the sectors. Then I'll keep patrolling, keep the Xenon from re-establishing. The Hero's Journey I want to have this time is The Hero Terran Defeats the Xenon. If I were to have a magic I-Win Button that destroyed all the Xenon then it wouldn't mean anything.

That's why you start in your spacesuit. Teleportation research means something.

With creative starts and budgeting you're spoiled, compared to the X3 days. You can skip the Hero's Journey you'd rather not repeat, most of the time. That's new. You can break the balance and go Modified, you can even ally with the Xenon if you want to, or disable Kha'ak attrition by turning them neutral. There's a lot of choice in your gamestart now.

If the Dev's vision has got in the way of your sandbox then that's okay. You can install a cheat mod. But any game with player involvement will only have meaning on that level if the player involvement has a *purpose*. And that purpose is, ultimately, reliant on there being things for the player to do.

That's why.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 20. May 22, 16:56

@Targ Collective:

Did you accidently post in the wrong thread? I'm really struggling to see what your above treatise has to do with the OP. :gruebel:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X4: Foundations”