LT Mk2

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

LT Mk2

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 14. May 22, 12:57

I'm positively impressed by Lasertower Mk2's. Just a couple of them efficiently reaped several S fighters in low attention. 8)

Now I have to write to the families of those Balaur pilots that dying at 15:1 odds against mere static defences has brought dishonor to our company ...
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: LT Mk2

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 14. May 22, 14:56

They're one of the reasons I tend to favour frigates over other M class warships. Find the mk2 version much more reliable than the mk1's & due to their significantly higher durability I have a much better chance of retrieving them intact after a battle. They're also a big factor in favour of the Behemoth - being able to deploy them in batches of 4 can swiftly change the outcome of a battle that was going poorly. Saved me from the game over screen more than once.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 15. May 22, 15:18

I wish there would be a mk.3 (M-size) and mk.4 (L-size) lasertowers as well.

Sometimes you don't want to bother with plot and station building, so bigger lasertowers would have their niche as well.

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Mon, 16. May 22, 01:43

the power of laser tower Mk2 made it so a single syn could solo a specific station killing plot mission well i was OOS, i loaded it totally full of laser towers, and the moment it got close to the target i started deploying them, deployed about 90 and it utterly murdered so many waves of small ships, used the last 10 to keep fighters busy well destroyer escaped, i also often use fully loaded frigates to deploy hundreds of them around gates to protect well im building new gate defenses, works wonders OOS
but agreed, a Mk3 laser tower would be amazing, not sure what could deploy a Mk4 laser tower though, unlike small and medium bays, large docks dont have bay doors that open to deploy stuff, its just usually a pier.
If we ever get the tractor beam that X3 had, we could potentially have large stations able to build Mk4 towers and we just tractor them into place, i guess the tug could do that if they enabled that feature.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 16. May 22, 10:44

KalisaFox wrote:
Mon, 16. May 22, 01:43
but agreed, a Mk3 laser tower would be amazing, not sure what could deploy a Mk4 laser tower though, unlike small and medium bays, large docks dont have bay doors that open to deploy stuff, its just usually a pier.
Auxilary ship is cappable to host L and XL ships docked, so Mk.4 could spawn docked for deployment and just undock from Auxilary Ship.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 18. May 22, 22:21

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 16. May 22, 10:44
Auxilary ship is cappable to host L and XL ships docked, so Mk.4 could spawn docked for deployment and just undock from Auxilary Ship.
That is bit of a stretch. The pads lift "smaller than host" vessel from internal storage into the open. The piers temporarily connect objects of same size.

If you allow the latter to spawn, then you might slip into teleporting objects to nearby space with rigged Goner Transporter Device or whatever shenanigans the X2 Carrier Admirals resorted to.

Oh well, four more interceptors lost. Some NPC L/XL got scared, dropped Mk. 2, interceptors ended up around it, and by the time I was made aware a squad was already Certified Goners.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”