Do you still lose reputation if you are +30 with a faction and trade illegal goods?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nflszhu
x4

Do you still lose reputation if you are +30 with a faction and trade illegal goods?

Post by nflszhu » Sun, 15. May 22, 06:07

As title says - wondering if I'll still lose reputation with VIG if I start to mine ice and trade water and food rations in their space? Am hoping they will ignore me since I'm currently +30 with them lol

Raptor34
x4

Re: Do you still lose reputation if you are +30 with a faction and trade illegal goods?

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 15. May 22, 07:28

Apparently you get a special license to trade those goods once you've reached a high enough level.
No need for 30 but higher than 20 I think.
Also it's not mentioned afaict.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Do you still lose reputation if you are +30 with a faction and trade illegal goods?

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 15. May 22, 13:17

Do occasionally lose rep (from +30 with ARG) due to storing illegal goods at my HQ in Black Hole Sun, so from what I can tell they don't overlook illegal goods simply due to high rep. Incidentally, stuff's there in case I need to fake a ship scan to complete a mission (i.e. buy cheap ship & load it with precisely 1 unit of whatever I need to find; then fly it to the appropriate sector, sell it to a relevant faction & then do the scan).

Rep loss due to illegal goods is relatively minor for me & +30 rep is usually regained comparatively swiftly due to all the legal trade do with them. However the rep losses definitely occur & could be more severe if there are multiple ships which could be scanned while actively trading illegal goods.

Not saying don't do it, it's just something to watch out for & would recommend having a passive source of rep gain (e.g. legal trade) to counterbalance potential rep losses due to scanned ships discovered transporting illegal goods.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 15. May 22, 13:25

I should clarify that I was specifically talking about VIG and their food racket. When you become good friends they let you in on the deal apparently.
Drugs and booze for other factions remain illegal.

Return to “X4: Foundations”