who nerfed station building

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kpla Keltak

who nerfed station building

Post by Kpla Keltak » Sun, 15. May 22, 13:44

I am playing the latest beta version and trying without any success to design a new split based S/M Military ship yard.
its a nightmare, not even possible.
you cannot rotate any pieces or even clone them and expect to line them up correctly.
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

Rastuasi
x4

Re: who nerfed station building

Post by Rastuasi » Sun, 15. May 22, 16:10

Think you need to reinstall.
1) There is NO current beta atm, so if yours says you're on a beta, it's a bad install.
2) They did update the ability to rotate on additional axis last major update, months ago. It's not broken, but does take better camera control.

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Sun, 15. May 22, 19:49

Rastuasi wrote:
Sun, 15. May 22, 16:10
Think you need to reinstall.
1) There is NO current beta atm, so if yours says you're on a beta, it's a bad install.
2) They did update the ability to rotate on additional axis last major update, months ago. It's not broken, but does take better camera control.
Hi
thanks for replying.
for some reason i was still on the beta in steam?? i corrected that now.
the problem is still present.
I knew about the additional axis options including the use of shift and CTRL but this is a new issue.
even cloning a component and placing it results in it being skew whiff.
I even tried the Station editor and its the same
Enslave the rest

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Sun, 15. May 22, 20:05

You mean the bug that causes that some modules to auto-rotate when you are trying to connect them? Is an irritating and know bug, but for now isn't any word from Egosoft about when is to be fixed.

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Sun, 15. May 22, 20:56

Pesanur wrote:
Sun, 15. May 22, 20:05
You mean the bug that causes that some modules to auto-rotate when you are trying to connect them? Is an irritating and know bug, but for now isn't any word from Egosoft about when is to be fixed.
yes, sometimes they move a lot and its obvious, other times its only fractional and you don't realise until its too late.
But also, there is no means to line things up properly, in addition to sometimes having to zoom out and out and out just to place where you want to.
Enslave the rest

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 15. May 22, 21:45

I have learned to always, always use the tab to return to a straightened directly overhead view after placing each module and then carefully centralise the build on the next intended module attachment without introducing any turn or slant. That way I know exactly what orientation I am in before starting to place, rotate if necessary, and snap on the next module. I have pretty much managed to avoid skewed modules that way, even with 3 way or 6 way attachments.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Sun, 15. May 22, 22:39

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 15. May 22, 21:45
I have learned to always, always use the tab to return to a straightened directly overhead view after placing each module and then carefully centralise the build on the next intended module attachment without introducing any turn or slant. That way I know exactly what orientation I am in before starting to place, rotate if necessary, and snap on the next module. I have pretty much managed to avoid skewed modules that way, even with 3 way or 6 way attachments.
I've not heard of the {TAB} function before.
so i gave it a go,,,,it doesn't function at all in my game????
Enslave the rest

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Sun, 15. May 22, 22:40

Egosoft is pretty good about how they handle the [public_beta] version on Steam. Just select that one and you'll always have the most recently version, whether beta or release. I don't use mods so I'm always game for the latest and greatest. Currently the one listed as [public_beta] is:

5.10 Hotfix 2 (released)

geckoproductions

Post by geckoproductions » Sun, 15. May 22, 23:17

Kpla Keltak wrote:
Sun, 15. May 22, 22:39
Alan Phipps wrote:
sounds like you may have some input issues? do you have multiple input devices plugged in or something? like a controller or a gamepad or anything like that that may be messing with whatever youre trying to do?

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 16. May 22, 07:51

Kpla Keltak wrote:
Alan Phipps wrote:
Try R.

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Mon, 16. May 22, 10:17

geckoproductions wrote:
Sun, 15. May 22, 23:17
Kpla Keltak wrote:
Alan Phipps wrote:
sounds like you may have some input issues? do you have multiple input devices plugged in or something? like a controller or a gamepad or anything like that that may be messing with whatever youre trying to do?
I only have a mouse and joystick
Enslave the rest

geckoproductions

Post by geckoproductions » Mon, 16. May 22, 11:26

Kpla Keltak wrote:
Mon, 16. May 22, 10:17
geckoproductions wrote:

Could be an issue with the joystick, have you tried unplugging it, messing with station rotation, and see if that makes a difference? just trying to get to the bottom of it..

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 16. May 22, 14:58

Not the key [TAB], just the overhead view tab (or button if you like) in the row of tabs/buttons along the top of the build screen.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Tue, 17. May 22, 15:37

geckoproductions wrote:
Mon, 16. May 22, 11:26
Kpla Keltak wrote:
Mon, 16. May 22, 10:17
geckoproductions wrote:

Could be an issue with the joystick, have you tried unplugging it, messing with station rotation, and see if that makes a difference? just trying to get to the bottom of it..
Hi
thanks for your suggestion, I had already tried that, appreciate your suggestion.
there are some bugs with the station editor and other open requests for improvement, which fall on deaf ears at egosoft.
Enslave the rest

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Tue, 17. May 22, 15:39

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 16. May 22, 14:58
Not the key [TAB], just the overhead view tab (or button if you like) in the row of tabs/buttons along the top of the build screen.
Hi
yes the button resets top view but doesn't do anything to line things up or stop rogue components turning how they please.
thanks
Enslave the rest

UnholyForager
x4

Post by UnholyForager » Tue, 17. May 22, 19:10

Are you matching the rotation of the connection point prior to connecting the module?

Return to “X4: Foundations”