There should be a way to cancel boarding (yet another thread)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Raptor34
x4

Re: There should be a way to cancel boarding (yet another thread)

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 16. May 22, 20:14

oddible wrote:
Mon, 16. May 22, 19:41
Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 16. May 22, 11:38
Wait, you can't cancel boarding?
I just cancelled one the other day.
Selected the boarding ship and removed all orders. Funnily enough it then just removed all those stuck somewhere boarding pods then the boarding proceeded with the troops already on board.
Unless I'm misinterpreting what you actually want with cancel boarding.
So what you're saying is that you cancelled the boarding action in the behaviours tab but it proceeded anyway. This is exactly the complaint. There is no way to cancel the boarding after pods have been launched. The only way is to destroy the target ship. And even then the pods can be stuck in your ship list forever. I send them flying into a Xenon sector, but at 112kph it can take a LOT of game hours.
Only with the troops already on board.
All those pods who refused to lock on just vanished.
And not on the behavior tab. I right click on the map screen if that matters.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Mon, 16. May 22, 20:20

Sorry where exactly did you "right click on the map screen" to cancel boarding? That's a new one to me.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 16. May 22, 20:29

Have you never right clicked on a ship on the map before?
Works on your property tab too.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Mon, 16. May 22, 21:01

Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 16. May 22, 20:29
Yes but there is no "Cancel Boarding" command there. There is only "Board" which takes you to the Boarding screen where there is no Cancel option.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 17. May 22, 05:34

oddible wrote:
Mon, 16. May 22, 21:01
Raptor34 wrote:
Yes but there is no "Cancel Boarding" command there. There is only "Board" which takes you to the Boarding screen where there is no Cancel option.
Your ship, not their ship.
Remove all orders.

thijso

Post by thijso » Tue, 17. May 22, 17:14

Yeah, that does nothing really, I think. It just removes the ship from that boarding action. I haven't done it, but I bet if you then right click on the target ship and select 'board' you get the already in progress boarding action details... which is not cancelled at all.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Tue, 17. May 22, 18:29

Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 17. May 22, 05:34
oddible wrote:
Raptor34 wrote:
Remove all orders.
But, this only stop your ship from following and attacking the target, but not the boarding operation if the pods have been already launched, not? :gruebel:

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 17. May 22, 18:55

Pesanur wrote:
Tue, 17. May 22, 18:29
Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 17. May 22, 05:34
oddible wrote:

Remove all orders.
But, this only stop your ship from following and attacking the target, but not the boarding operation if the pods have been already launched, not? :gruebel:
It seems to get rid of bugged/stuck pods.
Had an issue where I cannot proceed past Stage I approach for some reason even OOS. I cancelled it and it immediately proceeded to the next stage.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 17. May 22, 19:10

'Cancel' can be a bit confusing. I think what is being asked for is an 'abort boarding' command - a command that stops the whole boarding op and returns the marines to their ships. I'm totally in favor of that, having had my marines also go chasing after a target that ended up several sectors away. :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

kzwix
x4

Post by kzwix » Mon, 23. May 22, 20:12

Utterly agree. There should be a way to cancel an an-going boarding operation.

Depending on the phase, obviously, the results would vary. Pods still in approach phase would merely go back.
Marines already trying to breach the hull could either go back to being "pods", or could move away as little people in spacesuits (great targets if turrets aren't down)
Marines already engaging the enemy could have additional chances of getting shot by the crew - or altogether be prevented from retreating, and continue the boarding action on their own; with those managing to "escape" going back in the same way as if they were still breaching.

Also, glad to know you can cancel the boarding ship's "turn around the target" behaviour. This way, I guess it will be able to board another target, instead of waiting stupidly until the first boarding is done.
It's a bit annoying to have a SYN full of marines, two immobilized ennemy L cargos, and wait for a VERY long time for the first action to end, so the 60+ marines still killing time by playing cards in the SYN can have some fun too...

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Mon, 23. May 22, 20:23

While we're at it, a "set as default" boarding settings (for all ships) would be nice (weak hull etc)

Return to “X4: Foundations”